Now a question about Hollywood Brown Derby

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
We've never eaten here before and my husband would like to try it. I know everyone loves the Cobb salad, but I'm not a salad or bleu cheese fan. :)

Anyone have the tomato risotto? That sounds good. And the Crab Louie?

Overall, is this a good choice?

Last edited:
We've never eaten here before and my husband would like to try it. I know everyone loves the Cobb salad, but I'm not a salad or bleu cheese fan. :)

Anyone have the tomato risotto? That sounds good. And the Crab Louie?

Overall, is this a good choice?
My daughter and I truly enjoyed the Tomato Risotto on Thanksgiving. The Risotto was perfectly cooked Al Dente, and so delicious.

My daughter and I truly enjoyed the Tomato Risotto on Thanksgiving. The Risotto was perfectly cooked Al Dente, and so delicious.

Thank you! We don't go until end of April so I'm a little nervous it will be off the menu by then, but if not, I will certainly be ordering that.

HBD is one of the few restaurants we repeat at WDW. There are so many others there and we want to try them all. Now days we mostly eat at the outside lounge but still do eat inside every now and again. They have paired down the menu a lot since we first started going but we have never had a bad meal there. Hubby who is as picky as a 10 year child (won't eat vegetables, won't eat sauces, basically eats meat) loved the steak there. My son, who will eat anything, has probably tried almost everything on the menu. Heck one time the waitress and myself swore he ate the napkin since we couldn't find it, I think he was a teenager at the time and he almost always finishes what is on my plate.

HBD is always a must do for lunch and dinner for us; even though the menu is about half the items it used to be before covid it is still a high-quality place; i love the cobb and remember the days when they would make it table side from scratch; the meats are wonderfully tender as well.

I’m not a picky eater, but was seriously disappointed in the raved-about Cobb salad. To me it was nothing special. Risotto was terrific.

I’m not a picky eater, but was seriously disappointed in the raved-about Cobb salad. To me it was nothing special. Risotto was terrific.

That's good to read. I love tomatoes and I love eggplants and I see it's served with eggplant fritters. Fingers crossed it's on menu when we go.

We visited HBD at the beginning of February. My DD24 and I split the crab louie, charcuterie board, and the tomato risotto. The crab louie was just OK, I would not order it again. The charcuterie board was good but the selections for cheeses were kinda boring. Now, we are from Wisconsin, the land of cheese, so my expectations are always high for cheeses, so your experience may be different. The meats and olives were good. I understand these selections change often so YMMV. Now the tomato risotto was the best of the items we split. It is very rich so I am glad we split it but the tomato flavor was so fresh. The eggplant fritters were tiny and very dense. They need to rework that recipe IMO. Honestly, it would have been better to just grill a few slices of eggplant to adorn the risotto.

DH had the seafood cioppino and he said it was fantastic. DD21 had the chicken coq au vin which was also delish.

So I've eaten either there or in the outdoor lounge about half dozen times and other than the Cobb I actually can't remember what I've had to eat, which sounds bad but I know I've enjoyed it all and just really enjoy those spots.

Perhaps not related but their cocktail flights are amazing!

My husband and I both agree that the best thing we had to eat on our last trip in August was the scallop and pork belly appetizer at HBD. It was delicious!!

We go every trip.
We do get the salad (me no blue cheese) a lot, but really like a lot of their items.
Filet is very good.
DH loves the Chioppino.

We went to the Brown Derby during the November and February RunDisney weekends. I second the recommendations for the shrimp mac and cheese and the filet. The lavender spoon bread was surprisingly good as well. I would order the dressing on the side if you get the Cobb. November's salad was perfect, but February's was really over-dressed. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter