November trip 15-19

serendipityaey

Mouseketeer
Back home from our trip! It was a group of 14 and I felt the pressure to plan and include everyone’s favorites and I think we ended up getting everything in!

We had no lines at all at security or entrance until Friday night, but even those were fairly short! (On Harbor side. Relatives at GCH had some crazy long lines Wed and Thurs at security I guess). The longest we waited on stand by was 30 minutes for Star Tours (my daughters favorite; we didn’t get Genie + the last day) and 27 minutes for Alice, both on Saturday late morning.

Genie+ worked great for us! We had a nice breakfast in the park each morning and picked out our first ride for a quick entrance, then I used our afternoon breaks to stack Genie+ for the evening.

The breakdowns seemed to be a lot better now that October is passed! The only time it affected us was when Toy story was down in the morning but they gave us a MEP before even our time and we went to ride emotional whirlwind, then by the time we were done toy story was back up and we walked straight on without a pass! The train was also down our last day but not a big deal to miss that.

Plaza Inn character breakfast was so good and so much fun. A great last day thing when we were all exhausted, and we asked for the the office room at lamplight and it was so cool!

This was the first time we didn’t get up extra early each day to make it to the park before open, (our first trip with a teenager) so I’m really happy with all we managed to get in. We did get up early Wednesday morning and that especially was dead at DCA and it was so wonderful. Ready to sleep now for a week!

Last edited:
How refreshing to hear someone had a good time!!
So happy it worked out for you and the GROUP. 14 is a huge number to please.
Job well done!

It sure is lol! Luckily we are all pretty chill on vacation, and we have a family business so we’ve had to learn to work together lol.

I know Limace went at the same time and it seems they had a good time as well!

Oh! We are also good family friends with a GOOD friend of Jack Skellington so we had a really special meet and greet. We went early so we wouldn’t take up any extra time of anyone else and waited for Jack and Sally in that courtyard in NOS. They locked us in while we waited haha and people were looking at us through the store windows like we were the weirdest weirdos ever but it was so funny to be the ones waiting for Jack to come in and see. Special moment!

LOVE to read this trip recap and agreed - this is really refreshing to read positivity. I was beginning to think we were the only ones enjoying the park recently, glad to see we are not the only ones!

We have more time between trips now because of the cost but I’m exhausted and I love being at home so I don’t mind lol. It makes me appreciate each trip more. I’m really just so grateful to get to have this family time with new members too after all the losses and hard times of the past few years!!! Super happy and grateful right now 🥰

What a great report!! I really enjoyed reading about it and am so glad it was fun and memorable for you. Thanks for posting!

I actually forgot until just now but one negative of our trip - when we arrived at the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites they said I emailed four weeks ago and cancelled my reservation… WHAT? Of course I absolutely did not email and cancel. I asked to see the email and they said they didn’t have it but it came from my address. So maybe when I went in to the online system to check the res I cancelled on accident? I don’t see how but…I certainly never emailed.

Also, they never confirmed a cancellation. Is it ridiculous of me to think *they* should have emailed or called *me* when they received this cancellation to confirm?

Luckily according to them they had our room still available and they gave it to us….

Yay! And yes, we also had a fun trip ( though we “only” had 8). I will write a longer post when I’m on my laptop, not a phone, but I’m brief: genie+ worked well for us, especially in DL; I’m glad we got magic bands as it really made things like entrance, scanning for LL so much simpler-esp since our youngest doesn’t have a phone and my mom is 78 and just getting used to hers); we found most attractions working well-eg the boulder wasnt working on Indy our first day but it was there yesterday; and cast members were friendly and helpful. Definitely crowded some afternoons and evening but I dragged myself and at least some of our group up for early entry every morning and it was amazing.

Back home from our trip! It was a group of 14 and I felt the pressure to plan and include everyone’s favorites and I think we ended up getting everything in!

We had no lines at all at security or entrance until Friday night, but even those were fairly short! The longest we waited on stand by was 30 minutes for Star Tours (my daughters favorite; we didn’t get Genie + the last day) and 27 minutes for Alice, both on Saturday late morning.

Genie+ worked great for us! We had a nice breakfast in the park each morning and picked out our first ride for a quick entrance, then I used our afternoon breaks to stack Genie+ for the evening.

The breakdowns seemed to be a lot better now that October is passed! The only time it affected us was when Toy story was down in the morning but they gave us a MEP before even our time and we went to ride emotional whirlwind, then by the time we were done toy story was back up and we walked straight on without a pass! The train was also down our last day but not a big deal to miss that.

Plaza Inn character breakfast was so good and so much fun. A great last day thing when we were all exhausted, and we asked for the the office room at lamplight and it was so cool!

This was the first time we didn’t get up extra early each day to make it to the park before open, (our first trip with a teenager) so I’m really happy with all we managed to get in. We did get up early Wednesday morning and that especially was dead at DCA and it was so wonderful. Ready to sleep now for a week!
Thank you for checking in with us. Nice to hear you had a good time, especially with the pressure of planning everything for everyone. :)

Yay! And yes, we also had a fun trip ( though we “only” had 8). I will write a longer post when I’m on my laptop, not a phone, but I’m brief: genie+ worked well for us, especially in DL; I’m glad we got magic bands as it really made things like entrance, scanning for LL so much simpler-esp since our youngest doesn’t have a phone and my mom is 78 and just getting used to hers); we found most attractions working well-eg the boulder wasnt working on Indy our first day but it was there yesterday; and cast members were friendly and helpful. Definitely crowded some afternoons and evening but I dragged myself and at least some of our group up for early entry every morning and it was amazing.

I even saw you posted a wait time for Alice on touring plans on Saturday lol! Hours before me and my exhausted bunch haha. The boulder worked for us too! We did stop a few times in Indy for a minute or two so I don’t consider that a full breakdown but my daughter was ‘driving’ and we had a new person with us so we had a blast yelling at her to start the car again and go and laughing/making jokes.

And man I loved our magic bands and not having to scan for everyone. So nice!

That’s hilarious! TouringPlans is the best and I’m so glad others are using it here. We also used the BG1 software to book our genie+ and it was a lifesaver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter