November or January

disneychick0412

DIS Veteran
We have a trip booked for January 2021 but I’m thinking about changing it to November 2020. 2 adults, been many times so we are ok doing whatever is available and will do the rest of the stuff on another trip. I would love to go sooner and I don’t really see things being “better” by January so I’m thinking why not go in November when it will be decorated for Christmas. Is there anything that would make you lean one way or another? I’m definitely overthinking this! Thanks!!

My hubby and myself are going Nov. 8th for 5 nights but we are just doing a resort only stay at BLT and Copper Creek. We were able to get our 8 night stay in this past March and we have another park trip booked for March 2021. We plan on visiting the resorts to check our decorations and enjoying some nice meals along the way.

There are many discounted rooms now. We are not going due to the mask rule as well as many others who are trying to get rid of their dvc points that aren't able to be carried over into the next year. But since you're ok with the mask rule, I would vote this year. We usually love the Christmas decorations.

Thanks to those who have replied! I went for it and changed everything to November! We are DVC and were able to get Boardwalk which is a new one for us so I’m excited about that. Got our park reservations and now to see what restaurants are open!

DH and I are going the w/o 11/15. We are doing a spilt stay at SSR and RIV. We made a park reservation for Epcot for the two of us. I am going to go to MK by myself on Monday. DH has work to do, plus he is not park crazy anymore.
I am hoping for not too many crowds. I hear Epcot is pretty quiet and that will be appreciated by my Husband.

Enjoy your trip have fun! 👍🏻😎

My hubby and myself are going Nov. 8th for 5 nights but we are just doing a resort only stay at BLT and Copper Creek. We were able to get our 8 night stay in this past March and we have another park trip booked for March 2021. We plan on visiting the resorts to check our decorations and enjoying some nice meals along the way.
You arent allowed to visit resorts now unless you have a dining reservation ,etc.

This won’t affect your decision - but Park Hopping Returns in 2021.

Although I just looked and saw that it adds $65/day to 1-3 day tickets. Wow. I’ve still got $32/day no-expiration park hoppers to use.

Although I just looked and saw that it adds $65/day to 1-3 day tickets. Wow. I’ve still got $32/day no-expiration park hoppers to use.
We're going in Jan and really hope the Park Hoppping slated to return doesn't get pulled *fingers crossed*

Hoppers (including tax) - The extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is $69.23 for a 1-day ticket; $79.88 for add-on to 2- or 3-day tickets; or $90.53 for add-on to any 4-day or longer ticket. This works out to a little under $13 per day on a 7-day ticket.

We're getting 9 day hoppers which work out to under $60/day for the ticket and $10/day for the hopper, tax included.

We're going in Jan and really hope the Park Hoppping slated to return doesn't get pulled *fingers crossed*

Hoppers (including tax) - The extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is $69.23 for a 1-day ticket; $79.88 for add-on to 2- or 3-day tickets; or $90.53 for add-on to any 4-day or longer ticket. This works out to a little under $13 per day on a 7-day ticket.

We're getting 9 day hoppers which work out to under $60/day for the ticket and $10/day for the hopper, tax included.

Thanks for the clarification. I was picking up my chin from the floor when I did a quick-and-dirty look at the price. I was in shock - and then passed on bad info. The real price is not so bad.

We have a trip booked for January 2021 but I’m thinking about changing it to November 2020. 2 adults, been many times so we are ok doing whatever is available and will do the rest of the stuff on another trip. I would love to go sooner and I don’t really see things being “better” by January so I’m thinking why not go in November when it will be decorated for Christmas. Is there anything that would make you lean one way or another? I’m definitely overthinking this! Thanks!!

You're not overthinking. Glad that you changed your reservation.

I changed our Dec 2020 trip to the first few days of November 2020, "due to COVID19". I had a bounceback from last year that was slated for Dec 19-24 at Wilderness Lodge, club level. As the year kinda fell apart on us, and I found out that WL was going to be closed and that meant no club level, I weighed it all in my mind practically every day.

What I ended up doing is re-booking our trip to November because... I really don't know what December will bring! And I didn't want to get shut out of Disney this year like others were during the closure. We are extremely healthy people (and avid hand washers & hand sanitizer users even when there's not a pandemic) and I thought that if we are still to risk it in 2020, it might as well be earlier in the year.

Like a poster above says "November certainly has fewer "uncertainties", at this point." There's a really good chance that Disney will be open in November and we just don't know what January (or December for that matter) will bring. Enjoy your trip!!

Really hoping things are still open in Jan! We moved our trip to Jan since that's what worked with our schedule this trip.
We have gone in Nov and Dec before and it really is a must do to see all the decorations! We really loved it!
I don't think we will ever return in the summer. Loved the water parks but it's just too hot.

Thanks for the clarification. I was picking up my chin from the floor when I did a quick-and-dirty look at the price. I was in shock - and then passed on bad info. The real price is not so bad.
No worries. Seeing $60+ on a small hopper is startling lol.

I must have missed seeing park hoppers coming back in 2021...January 2021? Is this speculation or Disney fact? I would be very happy if this were true for our January trip.

I must have missed seeing park hoppers coming back in 2021...January 2021? Is this speculation or Disney fact? I would be very happy if this were true for our January trip.
Our trip is Jan 8-16, 2021 and we were able to buy 9 day hoppers. There's always the chance they revoke/refund the hoppers but so far it looks good.

I posted a similar thread in the Disney Families section, but our trip is scheduled for November and I was looking at moving to January. What is there to do in January at WDW? Do you think the parks may close again by then? I'm thinking things may open more by then.

Park hoppers have been available so I hate to see anyone get too excited. They have said that the park pass options will remain the same during all of this so this is not shocking to see. However, I will still keep watching and hoping for park hopping to return as well.
I hate not being able to switch parks for a meal or whatever we feel like doing in the evening.

I don’t think being able to buy hoppers is any real indication they will be back. We had several CMs discourage us from cancelling our 2020 water park tickets and hinting they would be open (and the calendar stilled showed water parks having hours) right up until the point that the official cancellation notice was made. Hours will need to be a lot longer for hoppers to even be practical and I don’t see that happening in January when hours are traditionally short even in The before times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter