November DISers

dohgusgus

BUT MOM, Disney World is only 2633.8 Miles Away!
I am going to Disneyland on November 4th for my 18th birthday! Who else will be there in the (hopefully) cool weather. I am hoping for cold weather because then you can enjoy your walk around the park :banana:

I bought my 5 tickets on Ebay. Four tickets at one time and the fifth on a second auction. I saved $40!

You bought tickets on ebay??? That is pretty risky. If they were partially used don't they expire in 14 days? Maybe these are one day free comps someone was selling? I hope it works out okay.

Yeah, I knew i'd be a risk but I decided to take it! I just made sure they said they were "NEW" and/or "NEVER BEEN USED". I received the first four like two weeks ago, they're real and they expire in April 2007. I'm just waiting for my fifth one, should be here by Saturday or Monday. Plus Ebay & Paypal provide protection against fraud.

my3kids said:
You bought tickets on ebay??? That is pretty risky. If they were partially used don't they expire in 14 days? Maybe these are one day free comps someone was selling? I hope it works out okay.

Just because they say they expire in '07 isn't a guarantee. Until they are scanned at the gate you have no idea if they are used or not. If the seller had perfect feedback with buyers saying the tickets worked just as expected then it probably will be fine. But, I would be prepared to pay full gate price the day I arrived, just in case.

I'm not sure that the ebay policy would kick in since I beleive it is illegal to purchase tickets from anyone but an authorized seller. I think they say they are non transferrable.

I don't know about the Ebay policy but the selllers did have 100% good feedback. I am just praying now that wasn't a scam. I just naturally trust people. I don't think its illegal to buy from an "unauthorized" seller. They were won by the sellers who couldnt use them and then put them on ebay. If anything I have the both sellers home addresses and phone numbers.

my3kids said:
Just because they say they expire in '07 isn't a guarantee. Until they are scanned at the gate you have no idea if they are used or not. If the seller had perfect feedback with buyers saying the tickets worked just as expected then it probably will be fine. But, I would be prepared to pay full gate price the day I arrived, just in case.

I'm not sure that the ebay policy would kick in since I beleive it is illegal to purchase tickets from anyone but an authorized seller. I think they say they are non transferrable.

If they were won and couldn't be used then it probably fine. But, read the back of the ticket. It probably says non transferrable. That is why I don't think ebay protection would kick in since they can't legally be sold.

my3kids said:
If they were won and couldn't be used then it probably fine. But, read the back of the ticket. It probably says non transferrable. That is why I don't think ebay protection would kick in since they can't legally be sold.

non-transferable doesn't have much to do with selling. If it hasnt been used then Disney doesnt know who's they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter