November/December 2016 discount code watch

Something is up- only 2 properties are still showing up as available for the 6 to 13 of November even without the promotion.

Ugh... I hope this is true and gets fixed quickly! I'm kicking myself so hard right now for booking rack rate without free dining (for the first time in 10??? years!), in hopes of a good room discount instead. We're staying at AKL over Thanksgiving, and there was NO availability yesterday for the new discount. I've just about resigned myself to paying full price, which really stinks.:crazy2::mad::faint:

So I'v just got off the phone with Disney to try and book a Canadian discount, and they said that even the discount released today for the general (us) doesn't seem to be loaded in the system correctly. The lady I was talking with said she a a lot of them around her couldn't get any discounts to resorts to open up. They put in a service request about it and told me to check back a few days from now. She was able to find on at CS that was a family suite, and something at AKL savannah view.
iv also just been playin with the website to look at other rack rates, no discounts and there appears to be no room available to book, anywhere from mods to deluxes..

Unfortunately, my TA told me that bookings for fall are at record levels. Why? No idea. Wah.

Unfortunately, my TA told me that bookings for fall are at record levels. Why? No idea. Wah.

Last year we went in November and a cast member told us that summer was super low crowds, but the fall had turned into the new-summer and was crazy busy. So I guess too many people have read that fall is a good, slow time to go. :( The discount availability isn't changing whether or not I'm going this December, but man it'd be nice to have a cheaper price. Hopefully it is just a glitch in the system.

Last year we went in November and a cast member told us that summer was super low crowds, but the fall had turned into the new-summer and was crazy busy. So I guess too many people have read that fall is a good, slow time to go. :( The discount availability isn't changing whether or not I'm going this December, but man it'd be nice to have a cheaper price. Hopefully it is just a glitch in the system.
Just curious- when you went last November did you find that the crowds were beyond nuts, like Christmas or Easter week in terms of shoulder to shoulder, or just "busy" where you were stillable to get everything done with proper planning?

I know, I was surprised too. Whenever Disney offers a public discount, Orbitz rates usually reflect that. Not sure if Disney is holding those back from 3rd party sellers.

I booked POR-Royal Room Standard View on Orbitz yesterday and they did apply the Holiday public discount. With the discount the SV Royal Room was avg $231 a night for 12/13-12/18 and that is the price I got on Orbitz (not including the Orbitz extra 15% off).

Just curious- when you went last November did you find that the crowds were beyond nuts, like Christmas or Easter week in terms of shoulder to shoulder, or just "busy" where you were stillable to get everything done with proper planning?

I wouldn't say they were beyond nuts. The only one that was super crazy (like Christmas level) was Epcot on the last Sunday of Food and Wine Festival (which was our first night of our trip). I went back and looked at the crowd calendar for our week there and it was comparable to this year's (like 6's and 7's) and we got everything done that we wanted and planned to do. We were in the Magic Kingdom on a 7 crowd level day and did almost every single ride in the park with no major wait times.

Played with system last night. Early Dec dates are booked but Mid-Dec(when I had read when Christmas crowd levels start spiking there were rooms at almost all the Deluxes. Guess we're all getting educated to avoid traditional crowds and making them as a result?

I booked POR-Royal Room Standard View on Orbitz yesterday and they did apply the Holiday public discount. With the discount the SV Royal Room was avg $231 a night for 12/13-12/18 and that is the price I got on Orbitz (not including the Orbitz extra 15% off).
I'm not seeing any of the value rooms at the public sale rate - only rack rate.

We booked three rooms at All Star Movies with the discount. Saved a little bit, so that was nice. We'll be there the week before Christmas, so it is crazy busy and I was happy to get any discount at all.

Just a reminder, since some seem to have forgotten: using a nickname for a travel agency to get around our board filter and promote a banned business is a violation of board rules, and will result in an infraction.

It's OK to say "I got a great discount from my travel agency," or "I got an agency exclusive discount." If you are going to identify the agency in any way, you must use the full URL of the business: www.nameoftheagency.com.

Just a reminder, since some seem to have forgotten: using a nickname for a travel agency to get around our board filter and promote a banned business is a violation of board rules, and will result in an infraction.

It's OK to say "I got a great discount from my travel agency," or "I got an agency exclusive discount." If you are going to identify the agency in any way, you must use the full URL of the business: www.nameoftheagency.com.

Lynne, just out of curiosity, is it allowed to mention the name of a TA in a private conversation?

I find this confusing. It's ok to identify the agency if we use the full website? I'm not trying to promote anyone. My post was to reassure the other poster that you can see the reservations in MDE.

Apparently Michael Phelps just found out about the fall Disney discounts.

Phelpsface.jpg

If the business is banned, our board's word filter will probably block the name even in a PM.

Sorry, I meant actual name. Of the person, not the URL, and only in a private message. I thought that was allowed and just don't want to do anything that would be a violation of the TOS.

I find this confusing. It's ok to identify the agency if we use the full website? I'm not trying to promote anyone. My post was to reassure the other poster that you can see the reservations in MDE.

We require the full name to be used so that our board filter can identify usage of a banned business name in a post, and block it appropriately. For instance, if Mickey's World Travel Agency is on our banned list, and you use the name Mickey's World Travel Agency, or www.mickeysworldtravelagency.net in a post, the board filter will block that name and replace it with *******.

When posters start getting creative and saying "look for the deals from Mickey's agency," or "google Mickey deals," because it's common knowledge that Mickey's World Travel Agency is banned.....that's a filter violation. It's using phrasing that you know will bypass the word filter, because you know you're not supposed to be using that name in a post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter