November/December 2016 discount code watch

Bought our park tickets yesterday to make sure we have them for our fp day Sept 5th. So I hope it's a good room only and not something that needs tickets. We waited as long as we felt comfortable before buying them.

I will be very happy if I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling that we're not going to see any discounts for my trip period (11/12-11/19). The dates on the BB offer are discouraging. It's kind of a double whammy because not only would I not be getting a discount, but the reason they probably aren't offering them (if they don't) will likely be that they are satisfied with projected attendance numbers, which means busier parks. Ick.

So are you already getting free dining? But were thinking you were going to be able to get a different discount that may be better? Sorry I am obviously new to this. I am with you and dislike the fact that this may mean they are happy with projected crowd levels as I will be there the same week.

So are you already getting free dining? But were thinking you were going to be able to get a different discount that may be better? Sorry I am obviously new to this. I am with you and dislike the fact that this may mean they are happy with projected crowd levels as I will be there the same week.

No... I didn't sign up for dining because it required buying park tix through Disney and I get them cheaper elsewhere, plus my partner has had bariatric and can't make good use of the dining plan anyway.

Starting to get antsy waiting to start booking things for December. It is a surprise proposal trip, but I still have to watch my spending. While I wait on discounts...anyone have any insight on ticket discounts (looking for 2 day, non-hopper tickets)? You can PM me if needed.

Starting to get antsy waiting to start booking things for December. It is a surprise proposal trip, but I still have to watch my spending. While I wait on discounts...anyone have any insight on ticket discounts (looking for 2 day, non-hopper tickets)? You can PM me if needed.

I know a guy who's got timeshares. All you need to do is sit through his 8 hour presentation, without bathroom or meal breaks, and a one-day, single park ticket is all yours.

Per my travel agent when I expressed concerns about there being no available rooms for POR the week of 6 to 13 NOV and whether there could be some released when/if new discount dates were announced:

"They will not be making additional rooms available so if there are no rooms at full price, it's almost certain there won't be discounted rooms."

I just don't get how we go from notably low crowds this summer to theat most crowded fall in recent memory. I mean, I trust the podcast team and they were just talking about thinking maybe Disney has finally gone too far on price increases, in conjuncton with bad press and some other unfortunate events...

i am getting nervous that it is going to be very crowded in early and Mid Nov.:worried:

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We went during the the second week of September last year which all sources said was one of, if not the least crowded times of the year. I've been during peak season in July and August before and didn't really notice a difference in September.

The podcast team has touched on this too. Disney being crowded is a law of the universe, and you can't accurately plan trips around that. There are exceptions on both ends of the spectrum (e.g. Christmas week), but I don't think there's a go-to slow period anymore (thanks Internet).

Learning to deal with crowds is easier than planning around them. In September we made sure to hit the parks early, use FP+ for everything (even easier now that you can add additional FPs on your phone), and utilize EMH. The worst part of the crowds was bus lines for our resort (CB).

In 2012 the November, December, January discounts did not come out until August 27th. There's no guarantee that discounts will be released but Disney has for the past 4 years straight so it most likely will happen. Probably late August early September

In 2012 the November, December, January discounts did not come out until August 27th. There's no guarantee that discounts will be released but Disney has for the past 4 years straight so it most likely will happen. Probably late August early September

Frustrating because last year and at least the year before, the late fall discounts (I'm looking for R/O so that's what I've been paying attention to) came out mid-late July. But, since the current one (good through Nov. 5) doesn't end til late August, I'm betting you're right!

Ugh.....Disney, don't you know people like to plan trips well ahead of time??!!!!

(in a side note, I was looking for even a meager discount last night via the AAA site, as I'm a member and usually you can snag 10-15% off. The ONLY resorts showing availability for my week-after-Thanksgiving dates were POR and ASMovies. It means either Disney didn't release many rooms to outside "vendors" in the first place, or most of what they did, is already booked. :( )

I'm actually giving alot of thought to 2nd week of January at this point just based upon crowds! Southwest fares are a wash for me, and the only thing would need to be securing those coveted dining reservations all over again.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We went during the the second week of September last year which all sources said was one of, if not the least crowded times of the year. I've been during peak season in July and August before and didn't really notice a difference in September.

The podcast team has touched on this too. Disney being crowded is a law of the universe, and you can't accurately plan trips around that. There are exceptions on both ends of the spectrum (e.g. Christmas week), but I don't think there's a go-to slow period anymore (thanks Internet).

Learning to deal with crowds is easier than planning around them. In September we made sure to hit the parks early, use FP+ for everything (even easier now that you can add additional FPs on your phone), and utilize EMH. The worst part of the crowds was bus lines for our resort (CB).

You are right! I have not been to WDW in about 6 years so a LOT has changed so I am VERY nervous as you can tell lol....lots of planning:)

Per my travel agent when I expressed concerns about there being no available rooms for POR the week of 6 to 13 NOV and whether there could be some released when/if new discount dates were announced:

"They will not be making additional rooms available so if there are no rooms at full price, it's almost certain there won't be discounted rooms."
Thanks for posting this info. I'm traveling that week as well to POR. It's disappointing, but I'd rather know now than keeping my hopes up. It's sort of what I figured...they have no reason to give an incentive if people are already willing to pay full price.
i am getting nervous that it is going to be very crowded in early and Mid Nov.:worried:

Me too. I sort of wish I would have just stuck with my typical August trip...but of course I've never seen the holiday decorations, so I suppose that is a good reason to travel this November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter