November Dapper Day Hotel Recommendation and Crowd Expectation?

mousecrazy

Mouseketeer
We are headed to the parks Nov 1-3. Hotel prices are scary high! Discovered it's due to Dapper Day. I guess we will be staying a distance from the park - any suggestions on a reasonably priced hotel in a safe location within about 15-30 minutes of the park?

What's the experience been with ride waits during this event? I know the general volume of people will be significant...

Thanks!

For hotels, read through this recent thread for suggestions: Cheap stay..Kings Inn, Clarion, Motel 6 or other??.
You don't necessarily have to stay far from the parks to get good rates. Look at hotels near the TS lot and near the M&F structure. If you can walk to the TS lot, you can take the free shuttles to/from the parks. If you can walk to the M&F/Pixar Pals structures, you can take the M&F tram to/from the parks or walk to DTD and take the monorail to DL or walk to the parks. And there are often lower rates in Garden Grove, just a mile south of the parks on Harbor, where you can easily use Uber/Lyft.

For hotels, read through this recent thread for suggestions: Cheap stay..Kings Inn, Clarion, Motel 6 or other??.
You don't necessarily have to stay far from the parks to get good rates. Look at hotels near the TS lot and near the M&F structure. If you can walk to the TS lot, you can take the free shuttles to/from the parks. If you can walk to the M&F/Pixar Pals structures, you can take the M&F tram to/from the parks or walk to DTD and take the monorail to DL or walk to the parks. And there are often lower rates in Garden Grove, just a mile south of the parks on Harbor, where you can easily use Uber/Lyft.

Thanks for the ideas. All decent hotels with reasonable proximity to DL are prices $250+ per night for that weekend. I'm trying to decide whether I want to bite the bullet and pay big bucks for a not so great hotel within walking/shuttle distance from DL...or look further out for something more reasonably priced but would involve a drive. I'm hoping to gather a list of hotels that are within 15-30 minutes of Disneyland in a safe area.

Thanks for the ideas. All decent hotels with reasonable proximity to DL are prices $250+ per night for that weekend. I'm trying to decide whether I want to bite the bullet and pay big bucks for a not so great hotel within walking/shuttle distance from DL...or look further out for something more reasonably priced but would involve a drive. I'm hoping to gather a list of hotels that are within 15-30 minutes of Disneyland in a safe area.
All the hotels listed in that linked thread are reliable/safe, unless posters specifically said that they weren't. Using ride share changes the game with driving because it can be cheaper than parking (i.e. anything less than $25/day for RT is now to your advantage) and you save time, too, by being dropped off right at the Harbor entrance or very close to the DTD bag check (the drop off is 1 minute walk away). The Garden Grove hotels south of the parks are safe and get used often by posters here. People are reporting the the Kings Inn on Katella is very reasonable and safe (about a 20 minute walk, which goes right by a Starbucks, Walgreens, and other convenient shops). You have options -- don't lose hope!

All the hotels listed in that linked thread are reliable/safe, unless posters specifically said that they weren't. Using ride share changes the game with driving because it can be cheaper than parking (i.e. anything less than $25/day for RT is now to your advantage) and you save time, too, by being dropped off right at the Harbor entrance or very close to the DTD bag check (the drop off is 1 minute walk away). The Garden Grove hotels south of the parks are safe and get used often by posters here. People are reporting the the Kings Inn on Katella is very reasonable and safe (about a 20 minute walk, which goes right by a Starbucks, Walgreens, and other convenient shops). You have options -- don't lose hope!

I'm not giving up...just gathering information on my options. Dapper Day is a game changer...Kings is $300 per night. I'm familiar with the area close to DL, but not confident about the quality and security of hotels in other areas - I know Garden Grove is ok...but you go a little further south and things get sketchy fast. Thanks for your help.

... I know Garden Grove is ok...but you go a little further south and things get sketchy fast. Thanks for your help.
Ouch on Kings Inn! We've had good, recent reports on the Delta Hotel (part of Marriott now) in Garden Grove -- also the Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt OC, Embassy Suites -- all about one mile south of the parks on Harbor. Somtimes the Cortona gets mentioned for low rates. Also check Expedia, Hotwire, and Priceline. And check Mousesavers.com for any deals. Sometimes they have discount codes that are really good.

As far as ride waits go, a lot of folks who are there for Dapper Day are not there to ride rides, just to take photos. I think you'll see a lot more general crowding (like you mentioned) but ride wait times shouldn't be severely impacted. They should be pretty close to what you expect from any Saturday in November. Food lines might be longer and PhotoPass lines for sure will be longer.

ETA: I'm thinking more along the lines of more thrilling attractions like BTMRR, Space Mtn, etc. Lines for slow moving rides like iasw or any of the other dark rides might be a tad longer, since you can ride most of those and not mess up your hair :P

We are headed to the parks Nov 1-3. Hotel prices are scary high! Discovered it's due to Dapper Day. I guess we will be staying a distance from the park - any suggestions on a reasonably priced hotel in a safe location within about 15-30 minutes of the park?
Look at all the Hilton brands in Garden Grove. There's Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Doubletree and Homewood Suites. They have shuttles/ART, but are about a 20 - 30 minute walk to the parks. All of those expect Doubletree have free hot breakfast every morning. So, that increases the value if you eat breakfast.

Hotwire has the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort for $157/night plus taxes and fees (you can tell by the Tripadvisor rating and number of reviews which of the 3 "guaranteed to be one of these three" hotels you will get) for a total of $403 for two nights. The Clementine is also available on Hotwire. Comfort Inn Anaheim Resort has rooms for $185/night member rate with free cancellation and including hot breakfast for $444 total.

Little late, but I stayed at the Delta Marriott in Garden Grove back in April and that was really nice. They also have a shuttle (cost extra), but still convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter