November 4 - 6 night from New York on the Disney Dream

hockessinmom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. This looks like it's going to be a great cruise! It will be my first time on the Dream so please share any thoughts or tips! We have been on the Magic several times and Disney is always wonderful. Please introduce yourself and let's plan some fun!

Hi! We recently booked this cruise, it will be our 13th Disney Cruise. We are traveling without kids. We are very much looking forward to this itinerary. We have been on all the ships. Love them all except the Wish. The Magic and the Wonder are our favorites but we love the Dream and Fantasy too. The bigger ships actually feel more crowded. The elevators are a big challenge especially between dinner and shows. We have sailed out of NY on the Magic twice, once to Canada and once to Bermuda. We love doing it because we live in NJ so less or no flights ( depending on itinerary) . The Dream was the first ship we cruised on, haven’t been back onboard since then due to its short itineraries. Now that it is doing longer more interesting itineraries ( plus NY) we are looking forward to getting back onboard.

Last edited:
Hello! Excited to take our family of 5 on our 2nd Disney cruise with this itinerary. Kids school is closed for Jersey Week so we don't even have to feel guilty about pulling them!

Are you planning extra time in San Juan at the end? We got a VRBO for two nights so we can extend the vacation a bit before flying home Sunday.

Hello! Excited to take our family of 5 on our 2nd Disney cruise with this itinerary. Kids school is closed for Jersey Week so we don't even have to feel guilty about pulling them!

Are you planning extra time in San Juan at the end? We got a VRBO for two nights so we can extend the vacation a bit before flying home Sunday.
We are also extending until Sunday. We are from Jersey as well, but just my husband and I on this trip. Kids all grown

Hi everyone, it’s just DH and me on this sailing, our sons are all in their 20’s. Also, from New Jersey.

This will our 9th sailing on DCL, almost to Platinum!! This our 4th cruise out of NYC.

We cruised to Bermuda in 2018, 5 night it was really nice. Can’t wait to get back.

Has anyone booked there one way flight back to NJ/NYC yet? We will stay at least one
night in San Juan, but thinking about 2.

We sailed on The Wish last September, we absolutely loved it. What a beautiful and different ship, but so much felt familiar.

Ok, happy planning. 🚢👍🏻🌴

Hi everyone, it’s just DH and me on this sailing, our sons are all in their 20’s. Also, from New Jersey.

This will our 9th sailing on DCL, almost to Platinum!! This our 4th cruise out of NYC.

We cruised to Bermuda in 2018, 5 night it was really nice. Can’t wait to get back.

Has anyone booked there one way flight back to NJ/NYC yet? We will stay at least one

We sailed on The Wish last September, we absolutely loved it. What a beautiful and different ship, but so much felt familiar.

Ok, happy planning. 🚢👍🏻🌴

We have Southwest CPs and points, so we're waiting for their schedule to open up. Was supposed to be next week, but they've bumped it out to June 8th for our dates.

We're doing two nights in San Juan, flying home Sunday. I'm nervous about the flight availability that Sunday, so not thrilled that we have to wait another month to find out the schedule!

Hi all! We will be joining in the fun! We are from Northern VA and our kids have 3 days off of school that week. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We did the first 3 while our kids were in elementary school and this one is a bit reminiscent as they are now in high school. Looking forward to the great itinerary. We got tickets to stay the full day in San Juan at the end and fly back to DC that night on United.

Hello all! I am looking at this trip for me, wife and 2 kids (ages 5 and 2). Will be our first cruise ever. Excited but nervous! 2 Qs:

1.) Is 2 year old too young for this type of experience? She did pretty well at Disney World earlier in the year, but a cruise is a different story...

2.) Should we stay the extra night at San Juan after disembarking? I see a lot of posts that people spend an extra day or two exploring San Juan, but I don't know that my kids will be that interested, many of the activities (walk Old San Juan, snorkeling, ATVs, rum tour) seem better suited for older kids & adults.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all! I am looking at this trip for me, wife and 2 kids (ages 5 and 2). Will be our first cruise ever. Excited but nervous! 2 Qs:

1.) Is 2 year old too young for this type of experience? She did pretty well at Disney World earlier in the year, but a cruise is a different story...

2.) Should we stay the extra night at San Juan after disembarking? I see a lot of posts that people spend an extra day or two exploring San Juan, but I don't know that my kids will be that interested, many of the activities (walk Old San Juan, snorkeling, ATVs, rum tour) seem better suited for older kids & adults.

Thanks in advance!
I do not think she is too young. I think she will love seeing and interacting with all the characters, the splash area is designed for kids her age. The servers in the dining rooms will go out of their way to make her dinners magical. She will love it. The evening shows are wonderful. Beauty and the Beast is one of them. The other two main productions feature many Disney characters and princesses, more of a variety type show.
As far as staying in San Juan afterwards, if you are not planning on two nights there I wouldn’t stay. By the time you get settled you will need to head to the airport. Not worth it in my opinion

I do not think she is too young. I think she will love seeing and interacting with all the characters, the splash area is designed for kids her age. The servers in the dining rooms will go out of their way to make her dinners magical. She will love it. The evening shows are wonderful. Beauty and the Beast is one of them. The other two main productions feature many Disney characters and princesses, more of a variety type show.
As far as staying in San Juan afterwards, if you are not planning on two nights there I wouldn’t stay. By the time you get settled you will need to head to the airport. Not worth it in my opinion
Thank you, @missyp! Appreciate the info and suggestions. We are booked and excited for our first cruise!! Setting the bar high for the kiddos, they don't know how good they have it...😅

Hi, everyone. I posted earlier. Just did online check in, can’t wait. About 35 days away!
DH and me are staying in San Juan till Monday. Booked a private excursion. I can’t wait to explore Old San Juan. Now I feel like I am getting 2 vacations in one!
I hope we have good weather for sail away out of NYC. The views of city and sailing passed the Statue of Liberty are beautiful and memorable.🤞🏻🤞🏻😎👍🏻💫✨🌴🚢

Less than 30 days!!! Are you getting excited?

I can't believe it's only a month away. (And I can't believe how much I have to get done, for vacation and in general life, before we sail.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter