***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

At DLR now and everything is going good. Jungle Cruise has been down which was unexpected and Snow White was down early morning and late night (also unexpected).
Otherwise, we came with a game plan and so far it is going very well.
Coming with two grandchildren for their first time has been delightful.

Jungle Cruise and It’s a Small World are down because they are getting their holiday overlays. They will be back up by 11/10.

Last edited:

looking at the forecast, rain is now predicted for 2 of my park days… AHHH. still over a week away (park days are 14, 15, 16) but getting nervous. It’s been sunny for the past several weeks of course it might rain when I’m there. 😩😅
We’ll be in the parks the 13th-17th (with WoC dessert party on the 14th- do they cancel for rain? As much as I don’t want to be stuck in the rain, the only non-rainy forecasted night we’d be able to go is the 13th and DCA closes early that night, so it’s either do it in the rain or not do it at all) and I’m now panicking about what footwear to pack and just panic ordered decent ponchos from Amazon since it looks like we’ll be wearing them most of the time. 😒 Haven’t been there in over 30 years and of course the weather just can’t cooperate.

We’ll be in the parks the 13th-17th (with WoC dessert party on the 14th- do they cancel for rain? As much as I don’t want to be stuck in the rain, the only non-rainy forecasted night we’d be able to go is the 13th and DCA closes early that night, so it’s either do it in the rain or not do it at all) and I’m now panicking about what footwear to pack and just panic ordered decent ponchos from Amazon since it looks like we’ll be wearing them most of the time. 😒 Haven’t been there in over 30 years and of course the weather just can’t cooperate.

The 13th is our arrival / resort day but now I’m panicking and debating switching it to a park day even though it might be crowded / it won’t be a full day for us. I also bought ponchos on Amazon last night 🤣😩. We have WOC dessert party on the 15th which also isn’t looking likely?? Ugh. Lol. This will be my Mom’s first and only trip. I was there in 2014 but wasn’t a big Disney nerd like I am now.

The 13th is our arrival / resort day but now I’m panicking and debating switching it to a park day even though it might be crowded / it won’t be a full day for us. I also bought ponchos on Amazon last night 🤣😩. We have WOC dessert party on the 15th which also isn’t looking likely?? Ugh. Lol. This will be my Mom’s first and only trip. I was there in 2014 but wasn’t a big Disney nerd like I am now.
I am going next week, what time is WOC and is it every night? ( it does not show up on the Disney App for me )

Our reservation is the 15th-18th… so basically full rain all day everyday 😭 hoping there will be some breaks, I just don’t want to sit down in a wet ride seat, or walk around with wet shoes. I’m too old for that. I literally grew up 30 minutes south of Disneyland, we just don’t get rain so I don’t even know what we are looking at here.

Our reservation is the 15th-18th… so basically full rain all day everyday 😭 hoping there will be some breaks, I just don’t want to sit down in a wet ride seat, or walk around with wet shoes. I’m too old for that. I literally grew up 30 minutes south of Disneyland, we just don’t get rain so I don’t even know what we are looking at here.
The weather channel says “occasional rain showers” the 15-17th which is much different than a steady rain. Fingers crossed for everyone going next week! (And the week after, when I’m going lol)

We are coming in over the weekend from Florida. Is this shorts weather or is it pretty chilly. I know it is gets cold there at night and early mornings. Dont' want to be sweating in pants or freezing if we wear shorts.

We had a great time for our Nov 2-6 trip. Two grandparents, two grandchildren (ages 12 and 8). Half of us wore shorts and half wore leisure athletic pants. Nov 2 arrival day. Took uber from SNA to Disneyland Hotel. Fast and easy to fly in and out of John Wayne airport. Grandchildren loved the DLH room and the Dole Whip from Tangaroa Terrace. Nov 3 Disneyland park day. Early entry rope drop Fantasyland thenToontown. We didn't run into any lines until about 9:30 am. Jungle Cruise, Snow White, Tree House, Small World, Star Wars and Gadgets Coaster were down when we wanted to ride. However we did do 21 rides and two shows so the day was packed. We all had silhouettes done on main street. For $11.99 it can't be beat for sheer awe of watching the artist work and the individualized souvenier and memory you get. Nov 4 pool day and Goofy's kitchen. Nice relaxing day. We did the pools and slides in the DLH complex. Nov 5 DCA day. Early entry rope drop Avenger's campus and Cars Land. Used the Pixar Pier entrance to return fro hotel rest midday and at the end of the day. We rode Guardians twice because the youngest grandchild (age 8) loved it so much. Goofy and Grizzly were down when we tried to ride. Nov 6 check out day and Downtown Disney to get the kids a stuffed animal and a final disney sweet for the airplane ride home.
What I learned: Harbor entrance is opening the same time as the hotel side entrance. Gates into the parks are opening at around 7:20 am.
Watching fireworks in front of Small World was perfect. We sat on the steps of the pavilon right for a great view. Our veiw for WOC wasn't that great but we sill liked the show.
Genie + worked out very well for us. I can't imagine not using it. The cost of $20.00 per person each day was very much worth it for us. We rode 21 rides in DL and still had 2 MEPs we didn't use. In DCA we rode 15 rides and had 2 MEPs we didn't use.
So glad we took a hotel break each afternoon for a few hours.
Best snack treat: Raspberry macaron
Best Meal: Flo's Famous Chicken Dinner

We had a great time for our Nov 2-6 trip. Two grandparents, two grandchildren (ages 12 and 8). Half of us wore shorts and half wore leisure athletic pants. Nov 2 arrival day. Took uber from SNA to Disneyland Hotel. Fast and easy to fly in and out of John Wayne airport. Grandchildren loved the DLH room and the Dole Whip from Tangaroa Terrace. Nov 3 Disneyland park day. Early entry rope drop Fantasyland thenToontown. We didn't run into any lines until about 9:30 am. Jungle Cruise, Snow White, Tree House, Small World, Star Wars and Gadgets Coaster were down when we wanted to ride. However we did do 21 rides and two shows so the day was packed. We all had silhouettes done on main street. For $11.99 it can't be beat for sheer awe of watching the artist work and the individualized souvenier and memory you get. Nov 4 pool day and Goofy's kitchen. Nice relaxing day. We did the pools and slides in the DLH complex. Nov 5 DCA day. Early entry rope drop Avenger's campus and Cars Land. Used the Pixar Pier entrance to return fro hotel rest midday and at the end of the day. We rode Guardians twice because the youngest grandchild (age 8) loved it so much. Goofy and Grizzly were down when we tried to ride. Nov 6 check out day and Downtown Disney to get the kids a stuffed animal and a final disney sweet for the airplane ride home.
What I learned: Harbor entrance is opening the same time as the hotel side entrance. Gates into the parks are opening at around 7:20 am.
Watching fireworks in front of Small World was perfect. We sat on the steps of the pavilon right for a great view. Our veiw for WOC wasn't that great but we sill liked the show.
Genie + worked out very well for us. I can't imagine not using it. The cost of $20.00 per person each day was very much worth it for us. We rode 21 rides in DL and still had 2 MEPs we didn't use. In DCA we rode 15 rides and had 2 MEPs we didn't use.
So glad we took a hotel break each afternoon for a few hours.
Best snack treat: Raspberry macaron
Best Meal: Flo's Famous Chicken Dinner
Thanks for the wonderful trip report. It sounds like an amazing time! Question for you about DLH early entry. About how early did you get to security before 7am? When we stayed at GCH earlier this year we failed by getting in line too late. But that situation may be different since I *think* the DLH/DtD security usually has more than just 2 bag checkers like GCH.

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. It sounds like an amazing time! Question for you about DLH early entry. About how early did you get to security before 7am? When we stayed at GCH earlier this year we failed by getting in line too late. But that situation may be different since I *think* the DLH/DtD security usually has more than just 2 bag checkers like GCH.
We got in line at 6:15 am. About 15 groups ahead of us. We had breakfast while we waited. I think there were 6 or 8 security lines open so it went pretty fast. By 7 am the security line was around the corner towards PPH hotel. We were about the 15th family in lines at the park gates.

For those who aren't aware, there was a large fire under the 10 freeway near downtown Los Angeles. As a result, the freeway is closed, and will remain closed for 3-5 weeks. This is impacting traffic on surrounding freeways.

Travel from LAX, LGB or SNA airports to Disneyland will be okay. However, travel from Disneyland to Universal, Los Angeles or Hollywood will be impacted.

https://ktla.com/10-freeway-fire/fr...provide-new-details-on-10-freeway-arson-fire/

For those who aren't aware, there was a large fire under the 10 freeway near downtown Los Angeles. As a result, the freeway is closed, and will remain closed for 3-5 weeks. This is impacting traffic on surrounding freeways.

Travel from LAX, LGB or SNA airports to Disneyland will be okay. However, travel from Disneyland to Universal, Los Angeles or Hollywood will be impacted.

https://ktla.com/10-freeway-fire/fr...provide-new-details-on-10-freeway-arson-fire/
So I don't know LA very well... we are driving down to Anaheim from Northern California on Thursday night, we usually take I-5 all the way down. Is that going to be a problem...?

So I don't know LA very well... we are driving down to Anaheim from Northern California on Thursday night, we usually take I-5 all the way down. Is that going to be a problem...?
We are driving from NorCal on Sunday so I’ve been checking traffic a lot. It looks like it might add some time to the trip due to extra traffic in LA but the 5 is not closed.

You may have problems as you approach and drive through downtown. The link I shared above has a map. People will be taking the 5 to get around the closure.

We are coming in over the weekend from Florida. Is this shorts weather or is it pretty chilly. I know it is gets cold there at night and early mornings. Dont' want to be sweating in pants or freezing if we wear shorts.
It's not cold, but not Florida hot either. Much like a Florida winter, it's best to dress in layers. It will be around 50 degrees in the morning, may go up to 80 at the peak of the day, then drop down to 50 again at night. I personally wear leggings or jeans this time of year since the hot part of the day isn't too bad, but I have also brought shorts to change into in a backpack (or run back to your hotel). I think morning warms up fairly quickly, but you will definitely be cold at night in shorts unless we have an unusually hot day (in which case the pavement may still be warm even at night). It will likely rain on Saturday unless the storm moves faster than they think, so keep that in mind, too. Our rain is not hot weather rain, though this storm isn't supposed to be super cold either.

Edited because, oops, I just realized this was posted last week before the long weekend. Oh well. Maybe it'll help someone else with planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter