***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

I was planning a trip for mid-Nov, then got completely sidetracked with another vacation. Now that we are about a week out, I realize I still don't have park tickets or reservations. Is there any issue getting park reservations that you know about?
Looking at the reservations calendar don’t see a single day unavailable for either park from now to April (as far as it goes). So you should be good.

Looking at the reservations calendar don’t see a single day unavailable for either park from now to April (as far as it goes). So you should be good.
Thank you. I didn't know if I could look it up online without a ticket, so this is really helpful. We've been on the fence about going or canceling, but I think we are going to go and now I'm not at all prepared. :rotfl: I'm the kind of person who used to have all my days planned out weeks in advance and here I am with not much done yet.

Does anyone know how much the Sip and Savor Pass cost? I want to make sure I get a chance to taste allllll the things!

Does anyone know how much the Sip and Savor Pass cost? I want to make sure I get a chance to taste allllll the things!
Looks like it might be $59 before discounts. Sip and Savor is usually good for select food and non alcoholic drinks.

What is it about the stretching room that you have trouble with? Is it being squished in an enclosed space with people closely surrounding you? If this is the case, be aware that may happen just beyond the stretching room, as well, in the hallway. If you have issue with enclosed spaces, be aware that there are other queues with similar enclosed spaces/rooms you have to stand in to listen/watch a story. Guardians, Webslingers, Rise of the Resistance are the three others I can think of off the top of my head but I think there are a couple more. My daughter has issues with anxiety in these kinds of spaces and we use the DAS pass to avoid them. If this is your issue, you may want to look into getting a DAS to avoid them. It’s been a couple of years since we’ve had to do it (our daughter has since overcome her anxiety of the HM and GoG rooms) but for Haunted Mansion, since we enter through the Lightening Lane, we told the CM at the entrance we would need to skip the stretching room. We were usually taken through the wheelchair entrance when we get to the porch.
I'm severely claustrophobic. To the point that I don't ride most rides because I can't handle any kind of restraint. I'm used to WDW and know what I can/can't handle, and know the procedure for skipping the stretching room there. DL is a whole new ballgame for me. And the fact that there the stretching room is an actual elevator, so not just a simple walk around the corner to skip, is a concern.

What time is ideal to get to security if we would like to be in the park for rope drop BUT do not need to be near the front? Simply being there as things open up is what we are aiming for. I'm trying to maximize our day without too much standing around for both the oldest and youngest of our group (who both have the same attitude lol)

What time is ideal to get to security if we would like to be in the park for rope drop BUT do not need to be near the front? Simply being there as things open up is what we are aiming for. I'm trying to maximize our day without too much standing around for both the oldest and youngest of our group (who both have the same attitude lol)
From what I've heard 7:30 should be good. That's about the time they start opening the gates and letting guests in the park.

From what I've heard 7:30 should be good. That's about the time they start opening the gates and letting guests in the park.
Agreed! We did this in June. We were there for rope drop, but we were not in the front at all. But it was still fun.

At DLR now and everything is going good. Jungle Cruise has been down which was unexpected and Snow White was down early morning and late night (also unexpected).
Otherwise, we came with a game plan and so far it is going very well.
Coming with two grandchildren for their first time has been delightful.

I'm severely claustrophobic. To the point that I don't ride most rides because I can't handle any kind of restraint. I'm used to WDW and know what I can/can't handle, and know the procedure for skipping the stretching room there. DL is a whole new ballgame for me. And the fact that there the stretching room is an actual elevator, so not just a simple walk around the corner to skip, is a concern.
Maybe if you go at park close, talk to the CM’s and ask to take the elevator\stretching room alone as the last person on the ride? No idea if this would work, but what’s the worst they could say? No? Then you aren’t any worse off than skipping it without asking.
There is a CM access & evac stairway, iirc, but I don’t think that would be any better than the elevator.

looking at the forecast, rain is now predicted for 2 of my park days… AHHH. still over a week away (park days are 14, 15, 16) but getting nervous. It’s been sunny for the past several weeks of course it might rain when I’m there. 😩😅

looking at the forecast, rain is now predicted for 2 of my park days… AHHH. still over a week away (park days are 14, 15, 16) but getting nervous. It’s been sunny for the past several weeks of course it might rain when I’m there. 😩😅
The weather there is very unpredictable. It's difficult to say with much certainty what the weather will be like several days out. I hope you get great weather, though! I'm leaving in 5 days and am also hoping for sun. We're going for Dapper Day and I'd rather not get dressed up and have it rain, LOL.

I am anxiously checking the weather every day (we’re there in 2 weeks). I know it’s too far out to really know but seeing unsettled weather makes me nervous! Mostly because I’m going to have an ECV due to injuring my knee and I’ve never used one in the rain. :oops:

I am anxiously checking the weather every day (we’re there in 2 weeks). I know it’s too far out to really know but seeing unsettled weather makes me nervous! Mostly because I’m going to have an ECV due to injuring my knee and I’ve never used one in the rain. :oops:
We will be there in 2 weeks as well. My husband will have an ECV due to ACL surgery. We have never used one either. A bit nervous about that!!

We will be there right after thanksgiving for 4 days. I’m looking forward to it because space Mt was down for refurb on our last trip before Halloween 🎃 This will be the first time for me to go before Christmas- I’m looking forward to the Christmas decor. We went in Jan this year and they had Christmas decorations still up, but I think going before will be more exciting.

We will be there in 2 weeks as well. My husband will have an ECV due to ACL surgery. We have never used one either. A bit nervous about that!!
I have used one before (I seem to be prone to pre-vacation injuries) just not in the rain. I was terrified before I used one for the first time and it was totally fine! Just be very aware of your surroundings and go slow in crowds because people tend to not pay attention and will jump in front of you. Other than that it’s really not difficult once you get the hang of it.

I have used one before (I seem to be prone to pre-vacation injuries) just not in the rain. I was terrified before I used one for the first time and it was totally fine! Just be very aware of your surroundings and go slow in crowds because people tend to not pay attention and will jump in front of you. Other than that it’s really not difficult once you get the hang of it.
Thank you!! I’ll let him know ☺️ we have already told our kids it will take us longer to get places because he is going to have to be careful navigating!! Have a fun time on your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter