• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

Ugh...well, I'm contemplating moving my trip. Kind of sad! We will only have 3 park days (cannot extend trip), and it looks like Incredicoaster will be out during the duration of our trip. My last hope is that it'll reopen on our last day, 11/30. The schedule for that day will be released tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Normally I'm not the type of person to cancel a trip for an attraction being down (I realize it is likely to occur for something at any time), but this is one of our absolute favorites. Especially DH since it was the first real rollercoaster he agreed to ever go on. I just can't picture a visit without it. I probably would change my mind if a DLR trip wasn't so expensive, but for the money we pay, I'd rather go knowing I'll have a fantastic time, and not wishing I had waited. 😢
That's so unfortunate, but I understand. We rearranged a whole trip around Pirates a couple of years ago because it's the only really cool ride I can go on (Bad back.)

Hopefully it will be open on the 30th, but if you have to go later you'll still have a great time :) I just remind myself that delays mean more time to save and plan.

Ditching the husband and kids to go to DL for the first time in 30 years! A friend and I will be staying at VDH Nov 13-17. The day we were flying home I found a cruise leaving LA, so we figured what the heck and will get on Navigator of the Seas Nov 17. Looking forward to checking out the new DVC and getting to experience everything. I feel so under prepared - I go to WDW a few times a year, but I know nothing about Disneyland.

Welcome new folks! I believe I added everyone to page 1, but let me know if you're missing.

I was perusing the Disney Parks Blog for holiday news (nothing new yet), and saw that they have an announcement for the treehouse reopening! Opens November 10th! https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-treehouse-opening-in-disneyland-nov-10-2023/
I was so excited to see this while I was walking into Starbucks today!! It gave me pep on my step before the caffeine!

I’ve hoped and hoped it would open for my trip starting on the 17th
I’ve actually stalked the park hours and refurb list hoping to add it dropped.

Anyone going soon that goes often and doesn't mind taking a moment to ask a question for me?
I need to know what the protocol is for skipping the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion in DL. The more I know now, the more I can hopefully control my anxiety while waiting in line.

Anyone going soon that goes often and doesn't mind taking a moment to ask a question for me?
I need to know what the protocol is for skipping the stretching room at the Haunted Mansion in DL. The more I know now, the more I can hopefully control my anxiety while waiting in line.

What is it about the stretching room that you have trouble with? Is it being squished in an enclosed space with people closely surrounding you? If this is the case, be aware that may happen just beyond the stretching room, as well, in the hallway. If you have issue with enclosed spaces, be aware that there are other queues with similar enclosed spaces/rooms you have to stand in to listen/watch a story. Guardians, Webslingers, Rise of the Resistance are the three others I can think of off the top of my head but I think there are a couple more. My daughter has issues with anxiety in these kinds of spaces and we use the DAS pass to avoid them. If this is your issue, you may want to look into getting a DAS to avoid them. It’s been a couple of years since we’ve had to do it (our daughter has since overcome her anxiety of the HM and GoG rooms) but for Haunted Mansion, since we enter through the Lightening Lane, we told the CM at the entrance we would need to skip the stretching room. We were usually taken through the wheelchair entrance when we get to the porch.

Off-site hotels were already hard to come by for the week I'm going (When I was originally planning, back in July) but I also now noticed al 3 Disneyland hotels are completely sold out during our stay (Nov 13-19). Predicted crowd levels are still pretty low - what are everyone's thoughts? If hotels all around are sold out, should I expect it to be super super busy?

Do they still have cookie decorating for the holidays? Where do we go for that?

That is normally in the Redwood Creek Challenge area. I don't see it listed on the Foodie Guide yet, but I hope they bring it back.

I was planning a trip for mid-Nov, then got completely sidetracked with another vacation. Now that we are about a week out, I realize I still don't have park tickets or reservations. Is there any issue getting park reservations that you know about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter