***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

Yeah, I'm wondering if they'll do Holiday Nites again. They only did it in 2021, but it wasn't received super well I think so they didn't do it last year. My family went to it 2021 and we enjoyed it, but I honestly wouldn't want it to happen this year because of shortened park hours. And I am trying my best to make this a budget trip, don't need to be tempted 😆

Does anyone know when they announce the holiday parade and firework times? Or, the dates they are filming the Christmas parade? Hoping it's not during our park days but...seems likely. :oops:

We will be there the November 18-22. We are getting 5 day park hoppers and this is the longest trip we’ve ever taken to DLR. We live in San Diego and had AP/MKs for 20+ years. Our trips have always consisted of 2-3 park days in a row over a weekend. We aren’t looking forward to the crowds but we are excited to have so much time to soak it all in. We were hoping to stay in one of the new villas but more than likely we will end up the RI Convention Center.

Has anyone tried to book Goofy's Kitchen on Thanksgiving (11/23)? I'm assuming it hasn't opened yet because I was on right at 6AM today and everything else was there, but figured I would ask anyway.

Has anyone tried to book Goofy's Kitchen on Thanksgiving (11/23)? I'm assuming it hasn't opened yet because I was on right at 6AM today and everything else was there, but figured I would ask anyway.
When I tried booking Goofy’s it took an extra day before it was available. I kept trying and eventually the day showed up.

I’m coming to Cali to visit family in Carlsbad but I’m taking 3 days(Nov. 7-9) to go to DL for the first time. I’m staying at the Anaheim Hotel. I’m super excited to be visiting DL. I usually go to WDW.

Been stalking the hours calendar, waiting for my dates to populate and just noticed that on Mon Nov 13th DCA is closing at 5pm, which seems very early.

Do we know what is happening? Or is it likely to be a private event?

It's not during my trip so won't affect me directly but thought others going at that time might want to be aware!

Been stalking the hours calendar, waiting for my dates to populate and just noticed that on Mon Nov 13th DCA is closing at 5pm, which seems very early.

It's not during my trip so won't affect me directly but thought others going at that time might want to be aware!
Thanks for the heads up! I have been trying to book World of Color dessert party for the 13th since the day it was to drop - I will finally stop trying! 🤣. I will be curious to see what event is happening that night.

In 2022, I think there was a similar date with a 5pm closure, as the TP crowd calendar had been predicting another date in 2023 with a 5pm closure. Guess the date shifted to the 13th for 2023. Someone mentioned a possible cast appreciation event.

Park hours for my dates are out and I noticed CA is open until 11 pm from the 18th through the 25th! I don’t think I’ve ever seen them stay open that late before. I assume that means they are expecting massive amounts of people, but reservations for that week are still wide open.

My sister and I are going to Disneyland November 4-7! It's a Sister Birthday Trip, we both took our birthday week off, I will get to celebrate mine at the parks on our last day! Can't wait! My family and I were just there a year ago, but she hasn't been since 1998! We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn!

My sister and I are going to Disneyland November 4-7! It's a Sister Birthday Trip, we both took our birthday week off, I will get to celebrate mine at the parks on our last day! Can't wait! My family and I were just there a year ago, but she hasn't been since 1998! We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn!
Sister trips are the best!! I always go with my sister in Dec. We've been doing that for about 10 years now! Our birthdays are both in Jan so we kind of combine Christmas and birthdays :)

I hope you and your sister have a blast, and happy birthday!

Ugh...well, I'm contemplating moving my trip. Kind of sad! We will only have 3 park days (cannot extend trip), and it looks like Incredicoaster will be out during the duration of our trip. My last hope is that it'll reopen on our last day, 11/30. The schedule for that day will be released tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Normally I'm not the type of person to cancel a trip for an attraction being down (I realize it is likely to occur for something at any time), but this is one of our absolute favorites. Especially DH since it was the first real rollercoaster he agreed to ever go on. I just can't picture a visit without it. I probably would change my mind if a DLR trip wasn't so expensive, but for the money we pay, I'd rather go knowing I'll have a fantastic time, and not wishing I had waited. 😢

Last edited:
Aw
Ugh...well, I'm contemplating moving my trip. Kind of sad! We will only have 3 park days (cannot extend trip), and it looks like Incredicoaster will be out during the duration of our trip. My last hope is that it'll reopen on our last day, 11/30. The schedule for that day will be released tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Normally I'm not the type of person to cancel a trip for an attraction being down (I realize it is likely to occur for something at any time), but this is one of our absolute favorites. Especially DH since it was the first real rollercoaster he agreed to ever go on. I just can't picture a visit without it. I probably would change my mind if a DLR trip wasn't so expensive, but for the money we pay, I'd rather go knowing I'll have a fantastic time, and not wishing I had waited. 😢
Dang it, it will be closed the whole time I'm there. I totally understand your reasoning. I hope it is open on your last day! Our last day is 11/29, so no coaster for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter