• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

We tried to reserve for Nov 1 and same thing. There hasn't been any reservations posted for any November dates so far from what I can see over the past few days - so you should be able to get them if you keep eye/get alert service once they are released. You'll see you still can find availability for most dates in October.

It is not always exactly 60 days out for reservations- keep trying, You can also set free alerts on Mouse Dining as a backup.
Thank you very much. Just when I think I understand then something new comes along. I really appreciate all those who share their knowledge.

We tried to reserve for Nov 1 and same thing. There hasn't been any reservations posted for any November dates so far from what I can see over the past few days - so you should be able to get them if you keep eye/get alert service once they are released. You'll see you still can find availability for most dates in October.
Thank you for the tip!

We're scheduled for November 12-13 and will be staying for the first time at the King's Inn. The prices of the nearby hotels on Harbor hurt my cheap soul. We're in good shape for walking and might try using the shuttle at the Toy Story Lot.

I tried my best.o_O Today was the day to make dinning reservations for our “hotel/pool day”. Set the alarm early. Practiced using the website before . Did everything I could to score Goofy's Kitchen. Got nothing.
The DLH website shows the slides and pool might still be under construction while we are there. So instead of spending the day at the pool, the hotel grounds, and character brunch what ideas do you suggest? I could use some advice. We won’t have a car. 2 grandparents and 2 grandchildren (cousins not siblings) aged 10. No parents. Trip is first Disney trip ever for children. The morning of departure we will spend at DTD.
Goofy's hasn't been posted yet for some reason. I've been looking for it, too! I recall a few times certain restaurants were a little later than 60 days. Goofy's isn't usually too hard to get. Storyteller's at the Grand Californian has a character brunch and breakfast, too if you wanted to book that for a backup.

If you do want to set up an alert for something, it's a third-party company that does it. Google Disney dining alerts and you'll find it easily.

it looks like only the slides are under construction, so I think you can use the pools. (Hopefully!) If not, when we were there a few years ago and the DLH pools were closed we were allowed to use the Paradise Pier pools.

You could also take your grandkids to Downtown Disney. There are restaurants, tons of shops and a bowling alley.

Last edited:

First post in a very long time!

We'll be there for Veterans Day, 11/9-12! Hubby is retired Army.
Staying at DLH, which will be a first for us. Been to DL many times, but usually stay at the Candy Cane Inn, or HoJo's.
Can't wait!
Sounds amazing! I love the DLH, particularly during the holidays. Hearing Christmas music as you exit your tower just feels so happy 😊

Also, thank you to you and your husband for your family's service!

I tried my best.o_O Today was the day to make dinning reservations for our “hotel/pool day”. Set the alarm early. Practiced using the website before . Did everything I could to score Goofy's Kitchen. Got nothing.
The DLH website shows the slides and pool might still be under construction while we are there. So instead of spending the day at the pool, the hotel grounds, and character brunch what ideas do you suggest? I could use some advice. We won’t have a car. 2 grandparents and 2 grandchildren (cousins not siblings) aged 10. No parents. Trip is first Disney trip ever for children. The morning of departure we will spend at DTD.
Weber Prof- Did you see that Goofy's reservations are available now? Tons of November availability as of Sept 9.

No, you can make your dining reservations without a park reservation. It's easy to do on the website or app.
Thanks so much.

Any idea when we would need to make park reservations to make sure we can get in? (Veterans Day weekend, mid Nov.) I'm still debating which tickets to get so I'd rather not get them now just to realize I need to change them later on.

I was noticing we had a lot of VLDH stays (or is it VDH? Haha these acronyms!). Because I'm a nerd, I wanted to see the spread of our hotel stays. Looks like the DLH property (Villas and Hotel side) will be getting a lot of DIS guests in November (31% combined). BWPPI is the winner for off-site stays (15%).

image001 (1).png

Last edited:
Thanks so much.

Any idea when we would need to make park reservations to make sure we can get in? (Veterans Day weekend, mid Nov.) I'm still debating which tickets to get so I'd rather not get them now just to realize I need to change them later on.
We're going that exact weekend as newish out-of-state Magic Keyholders and I was concerned reservations would be difficult to get. There was no issue. Then last night I bought a park hopper for a local friend who will meet us there - again no issue. To be on the safe side I would book by the beginning of October but I'm a bit of a nervous Nelly. Two of our days are Tier 4 though so the ticket price could deter a lot of folks. The 1-day park hopper with Genie + is $249. 😱

Does anyone know when the holiday version of WoC begins? DH really wants the original music if we get dessert party tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter