***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

We will be staying at BWPPI 11/19-24.

A little terrified of crowds that week, but very excited to spend Thanksgiving in DL.

If anyone has had Thanksgiving lunch/dinner in the parks and has any recommendations, please let me know!

Seriously considering booking a trip during November, but it's been quite a few years since I've planned a trip to Disneyland and I don't even know where to start. Any advice about dessert parties and the like? Do people think the crowds will be bad (I'm looking at V. Day weekend if that helps)?

Seriously considering booking a trip during November, but it's been quite a few years since I've planned a trip to Disneyland and I don't even know where to start. Any advice about dessert parties and the like? Do people think the crowds will be bad (I'm looking at V. Day weekend if that helps)?

Veterans Day weekend is traditionally the opening weekend of the holidays at DLR. Yes, it will be very crowded. This year Sunday 11/12 is Dapper Day as well.

Veterans Day weekend is traditionally the opening weekend of the holidays at DLR. Yes, it will be very crowded. This year Sunday 11/12 is Dapper Day as well.
Thanks for letting me know. Would like to avoid the crowds but we also have to go over a weekend. Hmmm.

Thanks for letting me know. Would like to avoid the crowds but we also have to go over a weekend. Hmmm.

Either the weekend before Veterans Day (if you don’t care about holiday decor and events) or the weekend after (if you do want the holiday stuff) would likely be less crowded. But after that you get into Thanksgiving week. After Thanksgiving/first week of December is traditionally less crowded also.

Magic Keys up through Believe are blocked out Saturdays in November and December so that should help alleviate crowds.

Either the weekend before Veterans Day (if you don’t care about holiday decor and events) or the weekend after (if you do want the holiday stuff) would likely be less crowded. But after that you get into Thanksgiving week. After Thanksgiving/first week of December is traditionally less crowded also.

Magic Keys up through Believe are blocked out Saturdays in November and December so that should help alleviate crowds.
Thanks. We can do 3 days on this weekend, and only 1.5 days on the others with no time off work, so that's the only reason I'm considering it.

Nov 2-6 Taking our two of our grandchildren👩‍👩‍👧‍👦 (boy and girl age 11, cousins not siblings) for their first time! :flower1:Staying at DLH. Hoping we have the energy to keep up with them because no parents are coming along for support! Last year we went in September as a multi generational family (2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 children under 5 years) and had a great time.:-) Probably due to grandparents and children napping each day. 😴 This year not sure if we will get the nap with older grandchildren. Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

This year not sure if we will get the nap with older grandchildren. Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.
I’m sure all kids are different, but we still return to the room to nap every day and DD is now 15! We’ve always made it a non-negotiable…if you want to go at rope drop and stay until closing, we must rest in the room mid-day. We are usually so exhausted after lunch we all nap even if we didn’t plan to.

I’m sure all kids are different, but we still return to the room to nap every day and DD is now 15! We’ve always made it a non-negotiable…if you want to go at rope drop and stay until closing, we must rest in the room mid-day. We are usually so exhausted after lunch we all nap even if we didn’t plan to.
Thank you. What time do you suggest to return for resting? I am thinking around 2 to 6 pm? None of us have ever seen a daylight parade.
edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Thank you. What time do you suggest to return for resting? I am thinking around 2 to 6 pm? None of us have never seen a daylight parade.
That’s pretty close to when we take a break, roughly 1:30-ish to 5-ish. I would definitely be flexible one day if you want to see the parade.

Officially going Nov 13-17 with park days Nov 14, 15, and 16. Canceled my Marriott reservation as we scored a VDH studio yesterday when booking opened up. Can't wait!!

Does anyone know if Disneyland historically still does fireworks the first weekend in November (3rd-5th) before the holiday season kicks off and right after Halloween?

Is it true there are no fireworks during the week in the "off season"? Does that include November during Christmas time?

11/21-11/24 BWPPI. Super excited. It's not like we don't go to Disneyland all the time, but this will be the first Thanksgiving trip we've taken since 2019. Also, in 2019 it was literally pouring rain on Thanksgiving, like atmospheric river level rain, so I'm really hoping the weather will be a little better this time.

11/21-11/24 BWPPI. Super excited. It's not like we don't go to Disneyland all the time, but this will be the first Thanksgiving trip we've taken since 2019. Also, in 2019 it was literally pouring rain on Thanksgiving, like atmospheric river level rain, so I'm really hoping the weather will be a little better this time.

we haven't been at Christmas time (have been to the parks, just not at christmas) since 2014 and the rain for us then was as you describe here. It was crazy. Sitting down on Small World was sitting IN a bowl of water.

Woo-hoo! Jumping in this thread! My nephews have been dreaming of going to Disneyland for years, but it's a big trip from New Zealand. Finally able to bring them over - and so excited to see Holiday stuff while we are there! Nov 15 - 19, Cambria Hotel. Can't wait!

Welcome everyone! I think I have everyone added on page 1, but let me know if I missed you.

I'm getting excited! Next month is when us November folks get to start making dining reservations. For most reservations, they will load at 6 am PST, 60 days from the date you are trying to book. In my experience, the ones to go quickest will be Oga's, Trader Sam's, Blue Bayou, and Lamplight Lounge brunch. Not sure if the inclusion of alcohol (coming soon, not sure on the date) to Carnation Cafe and River Belle Terrace will change popularity of those places.

I'm still trying to decide what we will reserve, if anything at all. We may just want to do quick service since there are already so many snacky things I want to try. Decisions, decisions!

I checked the Anaheim Convention Center calendar (I read somewhere on these posts to check that) and saw a worldwide video-game/cosplay convention of approximately 40,000 people per day will be held during our Disney Trip. For locals, is this a a big convention crowd? What effect will it have on Disney attendance? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter