***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

Fun!
We just booked our trip for the week after Thanksgiving! I'm so excited and want to share in the fun and planning with all my other November folks. So who's with me? I'll do my best to keep this updated and post important dates, etc.

Let the planning and anticipation begin!
Fun!!

Going with my family Nov 28 - Dec 2, then heading up to USH for two days. (I'm on the December thread, too) We usually go in October, but I wanted the Christmas holiday this year! Staying at the Tropicana Inn. Can't wait to try all the Christmas treats!

Going with my family Nov 28 - Dec 2, then heading up to USH for two days. (I'm on the December thread, too) We usually go in October, but I wanted the Christmas holiday this year! Staying at the Tropicana Inn. Can't wait to try all the Christmas treats!
Welcome! I can't wait to hear more about our upcoming holiday offerings. 😍

Has it been officially announced yet what day in November is the kickoff? When do the ride overlays typically happen? Thank you!

Has it been officially announced yet what day in November is the kickoff? When do the ride overlays typically happen? Thank you!
Nothing yet but last year the DLR holiday season started on November 11th. I'm guessing for something similar this year. It's usually a Friday kickoff, so my bet is November 10th. I'll update here as soon as we find out for sure!

Nothing yet but last year the DLR holiday season started on November 11th. I'm guessing for something similar this year. It's usually a Friday kickoff, so my bet is November 10th. I'll update here as soon as we find out for sure!
Thanks! We moved our trip up from December to 11/6-11/10 so it would be neat if we caught a glimpse of some Christmas stuff that last day. My 3 year old is OBSESSED with Nightmare Before Christmas. Is that overlay on Haunted Mansion there all of November or just after kickoff?

The HMH overlay is there for Halloweentime starting in September as well as Christmas so it will be available your whole trip.

Thanks! We moved our trip up from December to 11/6-11/10 so it would be neat if we caught a glimpse of some Christmas stuff that last day. My 3 year old is OBSESSED with Nightmare Before Christmas. Is that overlay on Haunted Mansion there all of November or just after kickoff?
Haunted Mansion Holiday will already be up and running for your trip since it opens with the start of Halloween season. Yay! Happy for your little one to be able to experience it.

Even if the actual holiday season starts on the 10th like I am guessing, you will start to see holiday decorations pop up all around the resort the day after Halloween (they usually put the snow on the castle before the end of Halloween, which is kind of a funny sight!).

We are hoping to book for November before thanksgiving long weekend and the big holiday rush, but it looks like there is also a big Realtor conference the week of Nov 12th. Anyone have any thoughts on impact on park crowds with this? Hotel accommodations are definitely more scarce that week. Our other alternatives are first week Nov before holiday season likely kicks off or pushing into thanksgiving week.

We'll be staying in a one bedroom villa at the Villas at DLH! It'll be our boys (they'll be 4 and 1 when we travel) first time to DL and we cannot wait! Staying 11/29-12/3!

We are hoping to book for November before thanksgiving long weekend and the big holiday rush, but it looks like there is also a big Realtor conference the week of Nov 12th. Anyone have any thoughts on impact on park crowds with this? Hotel accommodations are definitely more scarce that week. Our other alternatives are first week Nov before holiday season likely kicks off or pushing into thanksgiving week.
Hmmm. Not sure about the impact of that conference. In general, it seems like conferences usually impact hotel prices more than park crowding.

We went Halloween and the first few days of November in 2019. Halloween was obviously busy, but the days after were fairly dead (in comparison).

We have also been for Thanksgiving week in 2018 and found it pleasant. The most crowded day was the day after Thanksgiving. The day of and days leading up to the holiday weren't nearly as bad as I anticipated.

I’m coming November 4-8 with my husband and three year old son! We’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel - currently in a Standard View but would love to upgrade to Club-level if any become available for standard view (currently sold out and the only CL is for Premium view which is crazy expensive).

This is my first Disney trip in 20 years and the planning is already seeming daunting to figure out food and what order to hit rides - but overall super excited!! Would love any suggestions from people with 3 or 4 year olds!

We were also hoping to go the same week, Nov 13-17, with park days on the 14, 15, and 16 (Failed at getting OBB tickets, pushing our potential September trip to November or December). I was only able to find one hotel room at a "decent" (read: still way too expensive for a motel at $398.50 a night) price - the Marriott Fairfield Anaheim Resort. Everything else was sold out or more expensive. Hoping the conference doesn't impact the crowds but I saw tickets for DL and DCA will go on sale to event-goers on July 25th. :( We might be switching to December...

We were also hoping to go the same week, Nov 13-17, with park days on the 14, 15, and 16 (Failed at getting OBB tickets, pushing our potential September trip to November or December). I was only able to find one hotel room at a "decent" (read: still way too expensive for a motel at $398.50 a night) price - the Marriott Fairfield Anaheim Resort. Everything else was sold out or more expensive. Hoping the conference doesn't impact the crowds but I saw tickets for DL and DCA will go on sale to event-goers on July 25th. :( We might be switching to December...
Yes. We gave up on trying to make week of Nov 12 work which was our ideal choice but accommodations are way to high that week. We since booked first week of November knowing it will likely be before official holiday kick off but everything was cheaper plus we are hoping for low crowds as it’s right after Halloween and before holiday kick off.

I was checking hotels/motels that normally don't show up on the traditional booking sites, and I'm seeing Park Vue for those dates for $309/night. It is still fairly pricy for the property, but it's better than the Fairfield (IMHO) and closer.

My daughter and I will be there for the thanksgiving break Nov 24-27th staying at the new DVC DH
Exciting! I'll be there right after you at the new DLH DVC. I am a huge Mary Blair fan and I'm ridiculously excited to see her style sprinkled throughout the new tower and the rooms.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Steakhouse 55 (or something in it's former place), will open soon. I know I'm a broken record with this, but they really need more dining options for DLH, especially when capacity will increase once the new tower is open. I keep seeing a pool bar in the DVC concept art, but I'm assuming that will be limited to snacks and bites if they serve food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter