DisneyCatMom21: 11/24-11/27, VDH
StarlitNight05: 11/27-11/30, VDH
heatherleigh: Right after Thanksgiving
LindaR: 11/28-12/1, GCH
Charm6: 11/28-12/2, Tropicana
mkarizona: 11/29-12/1
sc05: 11/29-12/3, VDH

Last edited:

Yay! We are growing fast. What is everyone's must dos? I'm trying to take a stop and smell the roses approach to our visit. There are so many details I feel like I miss rushing around. I definitely want to hit Fantasyland at night, ride the Mark Twain, watch the piano player at the Golden Horseshoe, and finally do the Animation Academy at DCA.

Yay! We are growing fast. What is everyone's must dos? I'm trying to take a stop and smell the roses approach to our visit. There are so many details I feel like I miss rushing around. I definitely want to hit Fantasyland at night, ride the Mark Twain, watch the piano player at the Golden Horseshoe, and finally do the Animation Academy at DCA.

I’m SO excited!! I haven’t been to the parks at Christmas time since 2014

We did just return from Disneyland less than 2 weeks ago and I felt like we did a lot.
We did the world of color dessert party (which I’d also just done in august 2022)
So that might be one we skip UNLESS it’s a special Christmas/holiday one that’s not to be missed
But I did pretty much promise my ride centric 12 yr old that the next time we visited I wouldn’t make her watch any night time shows so we could focus on attractions during that time of night. We did Storybook Land Canal boats DURING the fireworks a couple of weeks ago and it was magical.

I’d like to do Great Moments with Mr Lincoln
I’d like to do a guided tour….

I want ALL the holiday sweets
And I love the holiday parade!

We will be there Nov 3-10, staying at Candy Cane Inn. I’m hoping to take it slow and steady too. We have 5 day park hoppers with G+. My husband claims he doesn’t like rides (he’s never been to Disney so I plan to change his mind lol) but I definitely want to plan a slow-paced well-rounded trip with a combo of rides, shows, shopping, sit-down meals, and breaks.

My husband and I are going (without the kids!) to celebrate my 40th! November 12-17, one night at Candy Cane Inn before moving to Disneyland Hotel for the rest of the trip. I‘ve only been twice, with the last time being when I was 7 (you do the math! 😂), and my husband has never been. I’m super excited but also feel so out of my element as a Disney World veteran.

Random pre-trip thoughts: I was thinking about Steakhouse 55 today...seems like such a sad state of affairs to not have a proper sit down (non-buffet) restaurant for DLH. I was also getting sort of nervous thinking about all the additional people with the new DVC tower. Hopefully something opens by November!

I want to do the WOC dessert party, see the fireworks from right in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Mobile order Dole Whip Floats. Eat at Trader Sams, and take a tour.
I'm so tempted to do WOC dessert party! I haven't seen the new show. My only hesitation is being a party of two, and likely being sat with another couple. They didn't realize it was shared seating for small parties and were clearly upset. It was awkward!

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to do WOC dessert party! I haven't seen the new show. My only hesitation is being a party of two, and likely being sat with another couple. We had a not so great experience with some grumpy folks. They didn't realize it was shared seating for small parties and were clearly upset. It was awkward!
Oh, this is good to know! I’m tempted to do alllll the dessert parties/dining packages (which I realize means 2 😂) and that would be an unpleasant surprise to find out then and there. They used to seat multiple smaller parties together at the big tables at Biergarten in Epcot (but not sure if they still do that- our family of 4 had our own table in December), so we’re not completely against it but definitely prefer knowing ahead of time.

We just booked our trip for the week after Thanksgiving! I'm so excited and want to share in the fun and planning with all my other November folks. So who's with me? I'll do my best to keep this updated and post important dates, etc.

Let the planning and anticipation begin!
I registered just for this thread. 11/18-11/25 staying at Suncoast Park Inn. Probably going to USH one day for nintendo land. This will be our second year in a row of going during Thanksgiving week, we're considering doing it every year. We too are very excited.

I registered just for this thread. 11/18-11/25 staying at Suncoast Park Inn. Probably going to USH one day for nintendo land. This will be our second year in a row of going during Thanksgiving week, we're considering doing it every year. We too are very excited.
Welcome! That's exciting about USH. I haven't been in ages...I always end up picking more Disney days over Universal. One of these days I will have to be strong and resist the Disney urge! 😀

My husband and I are going (without the kids!) to celebrate my 40th! November 12-17, one night at Candy Cane Inn before moving to Disneyland Hotel for the rest of the trip. I‘ve only been twice, with the last time being when I was 7 (you do the math! 😂), and my husband has never been. I’m super excited but also feel so out of my element as a Disney World veteran.
We live about two hours from WDW and had so much fun going last November we are genuinely considering doing it every year. We absolutely love the vibe at DLR and that puts a lot of shine on it from WDW in our opinion. The sheer amount of attractions in such a small area along with how close and cheap offsite hotels are compared to the tourist trap that WDW hotels essentially are really make us love it. We find the people there just so much more relaxed, even at Thanksgiving. Whereas WDW during holidays can feel like Mad Max. We also think the food is just so much better at DLR that it's almost embarrassing eating at WDW now. You will go back to the Magic Kingdom's adventureland and get a craving for Bengal Barbecue. You're going to love it, not to mention you can walk streets that Walt Disney walked, and even see some cool park history like the test bricks and the employees door of the lumber company. It figures we would love it so much when we can drive to WDW and DLR is a 5 hour flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter