November 2020 and Christmas decorations

tchris4

Mouseketeer
I know this is way early. My son requested to see Disney at Christmas time and who am I to deny his requests? I'm thinking of going in November 2020 so maybe he can swim while we are there as well. thanksgiving is 11/26. I'm thinking of going either 11/12-11/17 or 11/19-11/24. If I went with the earlier time frame, would the majority of Christmas decorations be up in resorts? Specifically, his grandfather has already gotten him pumped for the big gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian. I also think the first time would have lighter crowds. Thanks for any help!

Earlier is better for crowds but for the full effect of resort decorations, the later time is a better bet.

Some of the Christmas activities don't ramp up until Thanksgiving week.

I know this is way early. My son requested to see Disney at Christmas time and who am I to deny his requests? I'm thinking of going in November 2020 so maybe he can swim while we are there as well. thanksgiving is 11/26. I'm thinking of going either 11/12-11/17 or 11/19-11/24. If I went with the earlier time frame, would the majority of Christmas decorations be up in resorts? Specifically, his grandfather has already gotten him pumped for the big gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian. I also think the first time would have lighter crowds. Thanks for any help!

MK and HS will be decorated fully. EP won't be started until F&W ends, so your first week could have no decorations at EP. AK will be done some time in there, depending on when they start the Christmas special things at that park.

As for the resorts, unfortunately, there's no way of knowing. They are done on a lottery basis, so whoever "wins" the lottery goes first and on down the line. Your later week will give you a better chance of the gingerbread house being done, but there have been years when it wasn't done until the day or so after Thanksgiving.

Crowds could be similar. If Jersey week falls that first week, then crowd levels will be up. With the second week, you'll have low crowds at the beginning and they will build each day until you leave.

And then there's swimming. Either week could see a cold front come through that would make swimming uncomfortable. Then again, you could have temps in the 80s all week.

If Christmas is the highest priority, I'd go with the second week and be prepared with a good plan.

MK and HS will be decorated fully. EP won't be started until F&W ends, so your first week could have no decorations at EP. AK will be done some time in there, depending on when they start the Christmas special things at that park.

As for the resorts, unfortunately, there's no way of knowing. They are done on a lottery basis, so whoever "wins" the lottery goes first and on down the line. Your later week will give you a better chance of the gingerbread house being done, but there have been years when it wasn't done until the day or so after Thanksgiving.

Crowds could be similar. If Jersey week falls that first week, then crowd levels will be up. With the second week, you'll have low crowds at the beginning and they will build each day until you leave.

And then there's swimming. Either week could see a cold front come through that would make swimming uncomfortable. Then again, you could have temps in the 80s all week.

If Christmas is the highest priority, I'd go with the second week and be prepared with a good plan.
Thanks so much! After talking with my husband, his idea was to just pull our young kids out of school for the week after thanksgiving - which is also my birthday! SOLD! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter