We’re going to Kidani November 22 to December 1 to celebrate my 50th birthday! I’ll be excited to have my whole family together including all my DD (ages 16, 22 and 24)... especially when one is moving away from Chicago and going to Houston for graduate school next month! No place I’d rather be to celebrate!!!

We'll be there November 3-8 staying at Pop Century! Our family went in November 2 years ago and it was the perfect time of year for us. Will they have decorations up and be playing Christmas music this early? (I know they start decorating the day after Halloween but how much?) The last time we were there was November 8-13 and Main Street USA was awesomely decked out for Christmas and I loved it!

We'll be there November 3-8 staying at Pop Century! Our family went in November 2 years ago and it was the perfect time of year for us. Will they have decorations up and be playing Christmas music this early? (I know they start decorating the day after Halloween but how much?) The last time we were there was November 8-13 and Main Street USA was awesomely decked out for Christmas and I loved it!

Last year we were there the 4th to 8th, and Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios had their decorations up. By the 4th MKs decorations were up, the Dreamlights were lit on the Castle (my favorite part of the holiday decor!), and Jungle Cruise was already Jingle Cruise. Our HS day wasn't until the 7th, but by then they had fake snow falling at night, decorations up, and holiday projections on ToT. The characters in Toy Story Land had a few holiday touches, like a candy cane in Woody's holster and a Santa hat on Buzz. I think this is the first year AK is offering special holiday decorations and entertainment. They announced a start date that I think was during that week. IMO that's the best fall week to go, since it's the week between the Halloween and Christmas parties and MK doesn't close early every day. Resorts didn't have their decorations up yet and I don't remember hearing any Christmas music.

Joining in the November fun! We just booked November 20 to December 4th at ASMU! I was shocked that I was able to get all our character meals without any struggle! This was supposed to be our off year from Disney, but they got me. We have never been to Disney on Thanksgiving, I have been trying to do a little research, it doesn't look like they do anything special. Is that correct? I look forward to sharing plans and ideas with everyone.

Well flights aren't coming down with Southwest! I did change our flight home to leave a bit later so we can hit AK before we go. Can't believe this will be our last trip until 2021. :sad:

Joining the party...we are going 11/17-23, staying at Pop Century, my DH, myself (grandparents), my son/wife and adorable little human Trenton who will be 2 3/4 when we go...can't wait, hopefully will get the adjoining rooms that the TA things we will have no problem getting...not sure how many days but soon!

Is there a strategy to watch out for upgraded Magic Bands for a trip in November? How often do new options pop up? Also, can I order one member at a time if I see something I want?

Is there a strategy to watch out for upgraded Magic Bands for a trip in November? How often do new options pop up? Also, can I order one member at a time if I see something I want?

I'm probably going to start monitoring it next week, 3 months before our trip. (That's a little earlier than I think is necessary, but I'm a teacher so September is too busy for me to stalk the Disney site for anything.) Unfortunately, they all have to be ordered at once. As soon as one order gets placed, the option to modify disappears for all of them and all bands ship. The threads about the upgrades are also filled with stories of people reporting that their order goes through, then it turns out 1 or 2 bands was out of stock and reverts back to gray, with no option to try again. As far as I know, there hasn't been any schedule or consistency so far about when they restock or when new ones are introduced.

I'm probably going to start monitoring it next week, 3 months before our trip. (That's a little earlier than I think is necessary, but I'm a teacher so September is too busy for me to stalk the Disney site for anything.) Unfortunately, they all have to be ordered at once. As soon as one order gets placed, the option to modify disappears for all of them and all bands ship. The threads about the upgrades are also filled with stories of people reporting that their order goes through, then it turns out 1 or 2 bands was out of stock and reverts back to gray, with no option to try again. As far as I know, there hasn't been any schedule or consistency so far about when they restock or when new ones are introduced.
Thanks. I have started to look and actually found the perfect one for my daughter and son but it wouldn't let me "check out." Keeps saying there is an error. I heard of this happening a lot. There is time! I wasn't in love with the choices for my son, so I might be better off.

Joining in! Booked my November trip last Wednesday after all of the FD madness from Tuesday died down. While we didn't choose to get FD this trip, we received 15% off our stay at CBR instead! :dogdance:With the help of a lovely (and patient) CM, in a matter of a few hours we managed to book 5 nights at CBR, buy our park tickets and park hoppers, and buy our flights!

Between the Disney holiday magic, F&W, MVMCP, and nice weather, I couldn't be more eager for this trip. Most importantly, I'm excited to be bringing along a WDW newbie who gets to experience the magic for the first time! :wizard:

So glad I found this thread! Despite dire warnings about crowds from Disney friends, we're booked Sat - Sat the week of Thanksgiving at Copper Creek, the longest trip we've ever taken to WDW and I'm really excited for the extra time. MVMCP booked the Sunday before the holiday. I booked more TS meals this trip than normal, at least one every day, thinking that they'd be hard to get later on and we'd be ready for a break from the parks.

My brother is joining us on Thanksgiving Day and he's never been to Epcot so I booked Garden Grill for breakfast and Whispering Canyon for dinner. I'm a little nervous about the park though, they keep announcing more and more renovation closures. I don't have the time or energy to change things now so we'll roll with the punches.

Southwest broke my heart with their airfare. We'd been saving points for a year for this trip and it was barely enough for my husband's ticket. We've never flown to Orlando this time of year though and I was so glad I was on early the day flights released. But we were able to use a few vouchers from canceled flights earlier this year so I'll take it.

Touring Plans has every park 10/10 almost every day we're there so we're setting expectations low as far as rides. I'm just so happy to be going!

Thanks. I have started to look and actually found the perfect one for my daughter and son but it wouldn't let me "check out." Keeps saying there is an error. I heard of this happening a lot. There is time! I wasn't in love with the choices for my son, so I might be better off.
My understanding is that means they were actually out of stock on those bands, even though they showed up as options. I ended up choosing ones that we liked, but weren't our absolute favorites, just because I wanted to be done with it. Lol, crazy, rushing to spend money unnecessarily! That said, the band's say 2019 which I like to differentiate our annual trips.

Hi. All , we are going Wednesday November 13th to the Sunday November 17th. Just a long weekend. But this will be my 4th trip this year. I feel blessed to be able to go 4 times this year. It will be a good year. I get so excited each and every time I return home. Just like a little kid. Cannot wait to get there and am upset to leave.
We are military so we will be staying at Shades of Green.
Roxanne

Booked the Frozen dessert party even though I’m not 100% sure on it. Also moved our flights to later on departure day again! Lol

Me too, but not by choice. Delta changed my flights, so I now leave MCO at 7pm.
I also booked Frozen dessert party last week, after the SWGE preview release. :)
Been busy planning that last minute quick trip for my first AP preview.

I'm booking my CL FPs on 8/13. Are you booking around that time?
I have a split stay, CR CL 17-20, BWI CL 20-23. DSS called yesterday and told me if I am planning to use the CL FPs for the 2nd part, to just use that 90 day date, so the 25th I believe

Ok I am officially bored at work this morning. Anyone care to share plans? Mine are always subject to change, but here's the first draft.

11/22--arrive MCO--check into Hard Rock -- IOA for Hogwarts Christmas
11/23--IOA/Universal all day
11/24--Check out of Hard Rock--Universal/IOA all day --check into POP
11/25--sleep in/rest in morning, return rental car, tea at the GF, Epcot evening with Frozen dessert party
11/26--MK all day --Skipper Canteen lunch (for now), HEA dessert party
11/27-- not sure about this day but we will split between HS and MK. All depends on hours, special events (?), etc
11/28--AK all day. Thanksgiving dinner at Tusker House.
11/29--HS all day. This is GE day. Hoping for JBJB party that night
11/30--Check bags in at RAC, hit AK for EMH, DME to MCO. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter