November 2, 2013 - Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern - Cruise Meet

Hi everyone.

Don't want to bring the boards down, but wanted to fill you in and thank everyone.

Surgery went well, Mike's dad is stable, but due to the emphezema, is still on the ventilator. He only has a 10% lung capacity, so they are going to try to wean him off to see if he can breathe on his own. This will be the challenging part. Even after that, he will more than likely be placed in a long term care facility.

Had he not chosen to have the surgery, he would have become septic and lost the battle altogether.

So pray for a good day tomorrow and thank you to all!!

I've been thinking about going to WDW for a day or two before we sail, and I know some folks go there after the cruise and that made me wonder:

Are there people cruising as their first-ever Disney experience? - who have never been to any of the parks?

I kind of doubt it, since it's so much easier to plan a few days at the parks whenever you want to visit, rather than being made to sail on a specific day. And Disney World is kind of a Great American Dream...

I don't know....I'm askin'

What's the countdown, Coach? As for me, only 83 days to WDW. Maybe I'll be allowed to post photos by then!!

We are talking about going after the cruise because it is over the weekend so less days out of school for the girls. I would think most people who cruise Disney have been to the park before because like you said it is easier to get there for a couple days as opposed to a cruise. Just my thought.

townsley5 said:
We are going...first cruise ever super excited:cool1:

Be warned, it's addictive. We did our first cruise last November. This year we are hitting the parks, then it is back on the ship for 2013!

briarwolf said:
Be warned, it's addictive. We did our first cruise last November. This year we are hitting the parks, then it is back on the ship for 2013!

Very addictive is very true! We went on our first last year and said the same "we'll do Disney in 2012 and the cruise in 2013" and here we are on our way to wdw only to then get on board Thursday for our cruise fix!!!!

Very addictive is very true! We went on our first last year and said the same "we'll do Disney in 2012 and the cruise in 2013" and here we are on our way to wdw only to then get on board Thursday for our cruise fix!!!!

Well, you know the rule: the rest of us will be expecting photos!!! Have a great time!

MickeyEarrings said:
Well, you know the rule: the rest of us will be expecting photos!!! Have a great time!

I will figure out how to post pics and will do so! Our anniversary is October 1..... Same as epcots! Can't wait to see what they do for epcots 30th.

I will figure out how to post pics and will do so! Our anniversary is October 1..... Same as epcots! Can't wait to see what they do for epcots 30th.

:welcome: new DISers and families!! I'm Nancy and my DH is Chuck. We are planning on cruising with our family, DS Tony, DDIL Stacy, DGS Lucas and DGD...yet to be born (due Oct 23rd)(ST Cruisers) along with our DD Kristin, DSIL Jesse, and DGS Kai (Team Fun Pants). :thumbsup2

Here's a link that might help you with those pictures.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials :thumbsup2

We'll probably fly in 10/30 and stay at WDW, do the Halloween Party one night and possibly Discovery Cove one day. We'll fly home once the cruise is over. All subject to change since it's over a year away.

Welcome aboard, matie! I'll get the list updated soon. Am busy at work and packing for our quick trip to Food and Wine! 5 nights at Saratoga Springs! Have a good one fellow crewmates!

Welcome aboard, matie! I'll get the list updated soon. Am busy at work and packing for our quick trip to Food and Wine! 5 nights at Saratoga Springs! Have a good one fellow crewmates!

ooh.... So jealous! We want pictures!! Have a great trip!

And BTW, we sail 13 months from today! - the time is just flying by!

We'll probably fly in 10/30 and stay at WDW, do the Halloween Party one night and possibly Discovery Cove one day. We'll fly home once the cruise is over. All subject to change since it's over a year away.

We're planning on flying in the 30th also. Two nights at BCV, mnnshp on Thursday, and to the port on Friday, probably the Residence Inn. Then on Saturday we'll be up at "the butt crack of stupid" (5:00 am) to welcome home the Fantasy:cheer2:. After the cruise we're planning on one more night at BCV and then home Sunday night. :sad2:

I loved SS! Have a great trip. We'll be expecting pictures too. :)

ooh.... So jealous! We want pictures!! Have a great trip!

And BTW, we sail 13 months from today! - the time is just flying by!

Whooo hoooooo!!!!!:beach: Somehow that doesn't seem so far away anymore. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter