November 12, 2011 - Magical Double Dip!

Yea, I haven't had much in the way of carbs or bad foods in a few months. I will probably gain 10lbs before I even get on the boat, :happytv:

Beer flights will be my downfall, :confused3

i know the feeling us either! we been carb free low sugar for months, (gonna blow that this weekend!!!

In my experience, The meet and greet hour from 3 - 4 will go AWFULLY fast! CAN't WAIT!

I sent PMs to both Lisalisa and J Lindemer. I also did a search for recent posts by them - there haven't been many - so my thought is they may have dropped off this cruise. If they don't show up by the end of next week, I'd drop them off the list.

Ok, so my DW is concerned with what time the sail away party is on deck!! If the meet and greet is at 3:00, and the gift exchange is at 3:30, and the drill is at 4:00, what time is the sail away party??

It is right after the drill, don't worry DCL won't start the party without the guests!!;)

i know the feeling us either! we been carb free low sugar for months, (gonna blow that this weekend!!!

Me too! I will be miserable by the end of our cruise, but I sure do enjoy myself while on vacation!!:goodvibes I have been low carb & low sugar for almost 3 years now.:goodvibes

In my experience, The meet and greet hour from 3 - 4 will go AWFULLY fast! CAN't WAIT!

I sent PMs to both Lisalisa and J Lindemer. I also did a search for recent posts by them - there haven't been many - so my thought is they may have dropped off this cruise. If they don't show up by the end of next week, I'd drop them off the list.

I agree! And thanks for poking around and trying to locate them!! Please let me know if you hear anything! :thumbsup2

Me too! I will be miserable by the end of our cruise, but I sure do enjoy myself while on vacation!!:goodvibes I have been low carb & low sugar for almost 3 years now.:goodvibes

We are driving from Michigan to the cruise, and I have been low carb for 2 years, I told my son we are stopping at EVERY Waffle House along the way! He just rolled his eyes at me.:rotfl2:

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Count us as another pair of 'low carb, low sugar' people. We feel so much better after 3 years of eating this way. I have a cruise strategy (after 4 weeks cruising this year, I've HAD to develop one)

only ONE carby thing for breakfast and lunch - that is - if I have a donut - that's it! no toast, no waffle no bagel at the same meal. There's always tons of fruit.

I ALWAYS order a side of steamed veggies at dinner (and eat them). Dinners are VERY short of veggies, otherwise.

Watch out for the risotto! THEY LOVE to serve risotto with dinner entrees and it is loaded with carbs and not much nutrition. Most of it is not that wonderful, either, so I just skip it.

I'd also skip the gnocchi - it wasn't wonderful either.

The sugar free lemon souffle with raspberry sauce is to die for. Order it with extra sauce.

I order lots of desserts, tiny taste of each and 3 full bites of the best one. Some of them look better than they taste - too much use of gelatin, in my view.

Ditto the dessert buffet - glorious to look at - eat, on the other hand, not so much.

Just my two cents on the subject :)

Company has finally gone, tonight we have a wedding, THEN I can concentrate on preparing for this trip. Still need to print door signs for the whole family, order my scooter for WDW, make ADRs, arrange for tour in Savannah, and pack the second suitcase with books, fe gifts and last minute incidentals.

Happy Day, all!

Count us as another pair of 'low carb, low sugar' people. We feel so much better after 3 years of eating this way. I have a cruise strategy (after 4 weeks cruising this year, I've HAD to develop one)

only ONE carby thing for breakfast and lunch - that is - if I have a donut - that's it! no toast, no waffle no bagel at the same meal. There's always tons of fruit.

I ALWAYS order a side of steamed veggies at dinner (and eat them). Dinners are VERY short of veggies, otherwise.

Watch out for the risotto! THEY LOVE to serve risotto with dinner entrees and it is loaded with carbs and not much nutrition. Most of it is not that wonderful, either, so I just skip it.

I'd also skip the gnocchi - it wasn't wonderful either.

The sugar free lemon souffle with raspberry sauce is to die for. Order it with extra sauce.

I order lots of desserts, tiny taste of each and 3 full bites of the best one. Some of them look better than they taste - too much use of gelatin, in my view.

Ditto the dessert buffet - glorious to look at - eat, on the other hand, not so much.

Just my two cents on the subject :)

Company has finally gone, tonight we have a wedding, THEN I can concentrate on preparing for this trip. Still need to print door signs for the whole family, order my scooter for WDW, make ADRs, arrange for tour in Savannah, and pack the second suitcase with books, fe gifts and last minute incidentals.

Happy Day, all!

wow lemon souffle? where is that at? sounds wonderful!!!!! have a good time in savannah!

arrived in disney lat night for the weekend:cool1:, we had dinner at Jiko at animal kingdom lodge ---- EXCELLENT:worship:
we then went over to walk around boardwalk and hang out, today we are off to magic kingdom, for a little bit:goodvibes, then over to epcot for food and wine fest!:banana: i will let every one know how it is this year!!

**** side note ** weather is awesome:thumbsup2 last night we were in 50s it was beautiful! today high only in low 70s it is soooo nice!!!:love::cloud9:

I think we finally have all our nicer cruise clothes purchased (on in my case, found in the back of the closet). I ordered DS6 a cute little tux on eBay, and we found some great sales on dressy dresses at JCPenney for my DD7. We settled on a dress shirt and tie for my husband (tux wasn't happening).

I think I've decided to use the laundry service if we run low on clothes rather than doing my own... I tried searching for a recent price list without much luck. I'd rather not spend my vacation time doing laundry.

Out late last night at a wedding, but did that stop me from waking up at 6 am? NoooOOOOooo!

I found a LOVELy evening outfit at the thrift store last week - $18.00! I refuse to spend a lot of dough on something I will only wear on cruises!

Company has gone, I can finally get my suitcases back out and start obsessing again.

Happy Day, all!

Up at 6 am also courtesy of ds. Yesterday had to wear longsleeve shirt sweatshirt 2 coats and mittens and blanket while watching dd softball game. Ready for the sun..., summertan almost gone:(

Up at 6 am also courtesy of ds. Yesterday had to wear longsleeve shirt sweatshirt 2 coats and mittens and blanket while watching dd softball game. Ready for the sun..., summertan almost gone:(

DD age 4 gave me the wake up call at 6:55 but on a school morning she is the hardest to move out of bed!!!
I have to clean today since yesterday we went to the mall for Lego Club meeting at 9am for DS 7 and then went to Disney Store to exchange Ariel Shoes and Build A Bear for 1 new outfit for the cruise!:rotfl: Fun but exhausting!!!!! I am going to look like a cod fish so pale compared to my tan sis DisneyDreamer....:goodvibes

I think we finally have all our nicer cruise clothes purchased (on in my case, found in the back of the closet). I ordered DS6 a cute little tux on eBay, and we found some great sales on dressy dresses at JCPenney for my DD7. We settled on a dress shirt and tie for my husband (tux wasn't happening).

I think I've decided to use the laundry service if we run low on clothes rather than doing my own... I tried searching for a recent price list without much luck. I'd rather not spend my vacation time doing laundry.

I used the laundry service a few times.... It was not that expensive especially if you factor in the time it gives you to NOT be doing it!!!!:woohoo:
Tux on Rob... HAHAHAHA I am not going to bother with that but maybe he can borrow one of my DS 16 who has lots of formal wear thanks to band and prom :goodvibes

I love dressing my daughter up the most!!!!!!! Something very different after raising 2 boys ahead of her!!! Her squeals in the Disney store yesterday made me VERY excited about our trip!!! :)

we always use laundry service I REFUSE to do laundry on vacation i want to say it was like around 1.50 for mens shirts and they come pack back pressed too!! its not expensive at all!!

I used the laundry service a few times.... It was not that expensive especially if you factor in the time it gives you to NOT be doing it!!!!:woohoo:
Tux on Rob... HAHAHAHA I am not going to bother with that but maybe he can borrow one of my DS 16 who has lots of formal wear thanks to band and prom :goodvibes

I love dressing my daughter up the most!!!!!!! Something very different after raising 2 boys ahead of her!!! Her squeals in the Disney store yesterday made me VERY excited about our trip!!! :)

Awwww she's such a little Princess!!!princess:

Out late last night at a wedding, but did that stop me from waking up at 6 am? NoooOOOOooo!

I found a LOVELy evening outfit at the thrift store last week - $18.00! I refuse to spend a lot of dough on something I will only wear on cruises!

Company has gone, I can finally get my suitcases back out and start obsessing again.

Happy Day, all!

I always have great luck at Macy's for my formal dresses!:thumbsup2 Last year I got a dress for 14 bucks absolutely beautiful, and this year I found the most gorgeous dress for only 10 bucks! Can't beat that! And I agree for the short amount of time I get to wear them, I just can't see paying an arm and a leg! I can't wait to get all dressed up, I never get to wear heels or fancy dresses at work, so I am really looking forward to wearing all my new "pretty's":cloud9: Woohoo!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I LOVE shoes -just can't wear the pretty ones. So, I hide my feet and look for other people's pretty shoes! That was one of the best parts of the wedding reception:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter