November 10th, 2024 - Disney Fantasy - 6 Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral with 2 stops at Castaway Cay & Lighthouse Point

This sailing opens up to everyone tomorrow. I wonder how many more people will join us and how much the prices will jump. I believe this will be a popular sailing and can see the prices getting a big price hike after tomorrow.:surfweb:

We booked this cruise, super excited first time to Lighthouse point for us! It will be myself and husband Lynn and then my sister Julie and her husband Ken, we are both on deck 8. I went with a 9D to get the big huge room 8504, so hoping I don't regret not having a verandah but I wanted to try the large room and my sister is in a 5B also on deck 8 but near aft. We are platinum.

We booked this cruise, super excited first time to Lighthouse point for us! It will be myself and husband Lynn and then my sister Julie and her husband Ken, we are both on deck 8. I went with a 9D to get the big huge room 8504, so hoping I don't regret not having a verandah but I wanted to try the large room and my sister is in a 5B also on deck 8 but near aft. We are platinum.

Welcome! :wave2:

We will be Platinum after this sailing.:goodvibes

What Stateroom availability I can see as of 1:30pm on June 26th.

Standard Inside Stateroom: 25 Rooms Left
Deluxe Inside Stateroom: 4 Rooms Left

Deluxe Oceanview: 17 Rooms Left
Deluxe Family Oceanview: 21 Rooms Left

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah: Plenty Rooms Left
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah: Plenty Rooms Left

Concierge Stateroom: 1 Room Left (1 bedroom Suite)

Last edited:
Just to bump this thread up so it will continue to be easy to find no matter what Route a new person attempts.

I want to give a big shout out to ArielRae for setting up such a strong foundation for our Cruise meet. She has thought of all I would have and a ton more. Love all the information that is there to help with our planning.

I am already obsessing over what shore excursions I might want to do, and when do I want to book Palos. We still have 16 months, and my obsession is in full force. I have to decide if we will drive or fly in and what we want to do with transfers. But I do have at least one year to decide don't I.

Just to bump this thread up so it will continue to be easy to find no matter what Route a new person attempts.

I want to give a big shout out to ArielRae for setting up such a strong foundation for our Cruise meet. She has thought of all I would have and a ton more. Love all the information that is there to help with our planning.

I am already obsessing over what shore excursions I might want to do, and when do I want to book Palos. We still have 16 months, and my obsession is in full force. I have to decide if we will drive or fly in and what we want to do with transfers. But I do have at least one year to decide don't I.

Thank you for the kind words. We are also discussing driving or flying in for the cruise. Also debating if we want to arrive 3 days before since DS has off for “Jersey week” and use our Universal Annual Passes we have been getting for a few Universal park days before then drive to the port that morning. What I really want to know is what they will offer at Lighthouse Point. Been to Castaway Cay plenty of times and already have our plans for that just need more info on Lighthouse Point. :goodvibes

Everyone is welcome to tag me with any info they would like to add to those first 4 information postings. People would love your personal experience to help with their planning.

Hi Everyone! I had not thought to look for a cruise meet for this cruise yet. I booked this one on opening day for Platinum and snagged the same 5B room we have for our Feb 2024 cruise! So excited to see Lighthouse Point, and I always love being on the Fantasy, she is our favorite ship of all of them. Sailing with me is my husband and we are hoping friends of ours will hop on board as well. :) This will be our 12th DCL and if we make it both times to Castaway Cay, it will be our 14th and 15th time to CC! We have done two other double dips. I think I have my math right anyway. LOL
Thank you ArielRae for starting this thread and adding so much helpful information! Even though we have cruised a lot, and on the Fantasy, it has been since Feb of 2020 since we have cruised and I am sure so much has changed. I will get a taste of it again this coming Feb in preparation for this cruise.

Hi Everyone! I had not thought to look for a cruise meet for this cruise yet. I booked this one on opening day for Platinum and snagged the same 5B room we have for our Feb 2024 cruise! So excited to see Lighthouse Point, and I always love being on the Fantasy, she is our favorite ship of all of them. Sailing with me is my husband and we are hoping friends of ours will hop on board as well. :) This will be our 12th DCL and if we make it both times to Castaway Cay, it will be our 14th and 15th time to CC! We have done two other double dips. I think I have my math right anyway. LOL
Thank you ArielRae for starting this thread and adding so much helpful information! Even though we have cruised a lot, and on the Fantasy, it has been since Feb of 2020 since we have cruised and I am sure so much has changed. I will get a taste of it again this coming Feb in preparation for this cruise.

I have only sailed on the Fantasy once in 2012 for a Thanksgiving sailing. If you could update us on anything you think would be helpful for our sailing after your February cruise would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup2

Hopefully this will be up and running on the Fantasy for our sailing so we can give it a try. Anyone else considering giving the new Disneyband+ a try? Hopefully we can link our current Magicband+ bands and not have to purchase new ones.

Hopefully this will be up and running on the Fantasy for our sailing so we can give it a try. Anyone else considering giving the new Disneyband+ a try? Hopefully we can link our current Magicband+ bands and not have to purchase new ones.

I watched and yes this is something we will most likely do. Even found the bands I will want to have.

We are getting new passports as our last ones expired in 2016. I just feel more comfortable knowing if needed we can fly home in an emergency.

I have only sailed on the Fantasy once in 2012 for a Thanksgiving sailing. If you could update us on anything you think would be helpful for our sailing after your February cruise would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup2
I will do that! I am really excited for the Feb one. It's my birthday, Valentines Day, and the Super Bowl, all in one cruise! Should be lots of extras by DCL.

Lisa

Edited: Never mind, I found a thread that explains all this. :)

So will these be in place of the key to the world cards then? Princess cruises have had these for a number of years with their Medallion cruises. It is very convenient!

Last edited:
Edited: Never mind, I found a thread that explains all this. :)

So will these be in place of the key to the world cards then? Princess cruises have had these for a number of years with their Medallion cruises. It is very convenient!
These will be an option to purchase and use not a requirement. You will still get a standard card also cause they require them to exit and enter at some port stops as I have read from other websites. I am not familiar with how princess handles ports that require a card and photo ID.

These will be an option to purchase and use not a requirement. You will still get a standard card also cause they require them to exit and enter at some port stops as I have read from other websites. I am not familiar with how princess handles ports that require a card and photo ID.
On Princess you still have to have id to exit and enter ship. Sounds like this will be similar, although not quite as advanced as Medallion. I don't see where you can use it to locate yourself or others onboard, or order drinks etc from it, like Medallion does. I am not all that tech savvy, but this does look like a nice feature for Disney to do, at least from the standpoint of kids not having to carry cards around the ship (or adults for that matter).

So we just did something that is really exciting and like really crazy. We booked the 11/16/24 cruise. Same stateroom so hopefully we can avoid the needing to pack and unpack. At least that was how they did it the last two times. Anyone here completed a back to back in the last few years who can let us know what the process was more recently?

I found this interesting and had to share. Disney Cruise Line posted a poll on Instagram 7hrs ago looking to see how many sailings people have done and these were the results. Seems most people are Silver Castaway members with 1-5 sailings. My family is currently Gold with 8 sailings.

IMG_0719.png

I saw this and my first thought was what about those of us who’ve sailed 11-24 times, they don’t want our votes 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter