• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nova Scotia shooting

I heard that he wanted to be an RCMP officer when he was younger. Perhaps a disgruntled guy who never made the cut and finally cracked. Maybe nothing to do with COVID-19 but I think we will be seeing a lot of mental illness emerge from all this social isolation and economic downturn.

So sad. RIP to the RCMP officer and all the other victims.

I heard that he wanted to be an RCMP officer when he was younger. Perhaps a disgruntled guy who never made the cut and finally cracked. Maybe nothing to do with COVID-19 but I think we will be seeing a lot of mental illness emerge from all this social isolation and economic downturn.

So sad. RIP to the RCMP officer and all the other victims.

What blew me away is, in 2014 he was interviewed by CTV, because he generously made a full set of dentures for a local woman who lost all her teeth due to cancer.

How do you get from *that* to a premeditated rampage? ☹️

Anyone else just feeling stunned? 16 known victims now and they said they expect that to rise as they find more bodies. It seems premeditated, as he made a replica of an RCMP vehicle ☹

16?? omg.. 😢

I haven’t seen any news since the dinner hour and at that point they were saying 10.

My heart goes out to the family friends & colleagues of the RCMP officer.. #RIP Heidi Stevenson.

Northern NS is the last place on earth you’d ever expect a mass shooting. Especially one this horrific.

I am in total disbelief. I am a 911 dispatcher with Cape Breton Regional Police and and absolutely heart broken for everyone involved. Right now, with the little info we have , it definitely doesn't seem random at all. So many innocent lives taken.
Im so sad for our little province

Last edited:
16?? omg.. 😢

I haven’t seen any news since the dinner hour and at that point they were saying 10.

My heart goes out to the family friends & colleagues of the RCMP officer.. #RIP Heidi Stevenson.

Northern NS is the last place on earth you’d ever expect a mass shooting. Especially one this horrific.

Apparently 17 now, and counting. They said they expect thereto be more 😭 And I know, it's Nova Scotia!!! It just seems unfathomable.

Apparently 17 now, and counting. They said they expect thereto be more 😭 And I know, it's Nova Scotia!!! It just seems unfathomable.

I have such wonderful memories of summers in NB growing up, summer life in the Maritime’s was always peaceful and serene.. hard to imagine the violence that this person inflicted upon the countryside - this is “big city” type of violence- so very unexpected in rural NS. 💔

My heart goes out to all our wonderful neighbors to the north. :hug:'s We have had many mass shootings over the years here in the US, one never 'gets used to them'. Always so very sad. :( I just read the other day that this past March, last month, was the first March since 2002 in the US without a school shooting. What does that say about society?

Again, so very sorry, God speed for all the victims, blessings of comfort for all the families and friends touched by this awful, senseless act

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter