• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov 7 - Ratatouille - Don’t bother

That’s Disney’s single-most-overlooked opportunity in the parks right now: marketing to line-standers (hostages). I suspect Disney plans to ease into that, AFTER longer line-waits become normalized in guests’ minds.

If Disney started offering sales in the lines right now, visitors would connect it to Disney purposefully keeping the lines longer to yield more sales. But after years pass and people accept long lines as the “new normal”, Disney can introduce items like food and merchandise into the queue. People will view it as an improvement because it offers a distraction to their long wait.
There's no way I could drink beer and wait in a line for 3 hours and not have to use the restroom. Then I'd have to start over again.

We were at Epcot on Thursday and had a lightning lane for Remy’s. It broke down when we got to the front of the line. We left the park and tried again yesterday and when we were there, it broke down again. Does this ride frequently shut down or did we just have bad luck?

To avoid this in the future:
Don’t visit WDW during Election Day week.

Election Day is always the Tues between Nov 2 and Nov 8, usually the week after Halloween week.
It's not election week that is impacting the crowds this week, it's Jersey school convention week/Jersey Week and breaks for other schools. And in all fairness, there's not much a guest can do when a handful or rides are or were down and it's peak crowds.

Election day is also another day off on a short week. I am not from Jersey, but I remember taking my kids out of school this week in 2016 and they only missed 2 days of school and at that time crowds were still lower then other school vacation weeks.

We’re here now, it’s an absolute gong show. We bought LL ahead (back when you could book it for length of stay) and its hit and miss.
Today it was miss. Big time.
I’m not a Disney novice, we’ve been coming these two weeks for years (pre-Covid) but I sure feel like one now. This system is absolutely NOT meant to better the guest experience. Bob can put whatever spin on it he wants, it’s to better pad their pockets and empty ours while reducing the guest experience.

It's not election week that is impacting the crowds this week, it's Jersey school convention week/Jersey Week and breaks for other schools. And in all fairness, there's not much a guest can do when a handful or rides are or were down and it's peak crowds.
Jersey Week always happens the week Election Day falls. Other events that increase attendance often overlap as well, like what happened this year with runDisney, Veteran’s Day and other fall school breaks.

Not sure why my statement nudges the assumption I’m blaming guests.

My only motivation was to simplify and make remembering for future years easier.
Avoid Election Day week.
That is the doozy that will be much busier than surrounding weeks.

We were at Epcot on Thursday and had a lightning lane for Remy’s. It broke down when we got to the front of the line. We left the park and tried again yesterday and when we were there, it broke down again. Does this ride frequently shut down or did we just have bad luck?
Bad luck but yes it does get shutdown more than the average ride.

People get Election Day off work/school? Where?
In our area (Passaic/Bergen Counties, NJ), schools are often used for voting. Growing up we had either half day or day off for Election Day, and always that Thur & Fri off for NJ teacher’s convention. Mon, Tues, Wed would never be more than half days so parent/teacher conferences could be held those afternoons.

Very little material covered this week if any. Some schools even started getting the whole week off. It became a great week to visit WDW instead of hot, cold or crowded summer or holiday weeks. But it’s less of an advantage now since attendance increased.

EPCOT and basically all of the parks, are absolutely mental these last two days. Insane amounts of people. The park reservation system is clearly not to maintain crowd control. Laughable!
Epcot really sucked the past 2 days. This is my first time visiting and it was miserable. The way they shuffled people around while the half marathon was going on at the same time was horrendous. It’s been impossible to find food because the waits are sooooo long and there’s barely any place with mobile order in Epcot. I wanted to enjoy the food/wine festival but can’t spend 30 minutes in each line for a tiny bite of food! Remy being down almost the entire day was also a pain in the ***. At least I got to ride Cosmic Rewind 5 times in 2 days...that made things a little better!

It would be great to get some reports on if the line times were actually accurate or if they were goosing them to sell more G+

Times are overly inflated per touring plans app. One real life example- Tonight TSM was posted 50 minutes. We used a LL and there was NOBODY in standby.

Got here Thursday and first park day Friday. I could feel the crowds get heavier Sunday. The crowds in walkways is a bit much at times. With G+, ILL and a good plan (and dodging strollers and people) we’ve been doing a lot and enjoying ourselves.

G+ has worked well for us except at Epcot. Just not enough rides to get much and the times change quickly. We’ve had really good luck at the other parks.

People get Election Day off work/school? Where?
Our kids have the day off in Missouri and I know a lot of families who turned it into a long weekend and took a trip. They use the schools as polling places so they have a no school day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter