• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov 17, 2016 Magic Kingdom - closing at 4:30pm ??????

I noticed that on January 23rd MK Is closing early too!! At 6pm!! Ando-me knows why? Thanks!!

I noticed that on January 23rd MK Is closing early too!! At 6pm!! Anyone knows why? Thanks!!

Yep. This hour will most likely be the final confirmed hours unless the private event is canceled. Parks close early before 6 PM besides Animal Kingdom, (it can close as early as 5 PM), are usually due to Private Events, Bad Weather like hurricane which all parks close at 5 PM on October 6, and all parks close without not even a single minute open on October 7. It can also be closed due to events. It is normal for parks to close before Midnight even on weekends except Thanksgiving week on November. This happened to Disneyland which closed at 5 PM once on the day before my bday which is on September. The hours will start to get short in August for Disneyland and get longer in May. However, here the hours is significantly longer throughout the year in which the Hours get shorter on October for Hollywood Studios opening from 9 AM to 7 PM (IDK why on this one) and now Animal Kingdom 9 AM to 7 PM (new) (possibly due to the weather starting to get colder and sunset being earlier). Epcot which opens from 9 AM to 9 PM usually, doesn't effectively change at all because it always close at 9 PM (especially in June and July in which they should close at 10 PM or 11 PM). Magic Kingdom are significantly longer in May to October opening 8 or 9 AM to 10 to 1 AM (except some nights in September in which it closes at 9 PM on some nights and for September and October, 7 PM for the event) In November it will always open 9 AM to 9 PM almost every day and continues to be like that until busy days. Also from Late October to March, one of the Waterparks will start to close for rehab. It opens usually from 10 AM to 5 PM with the exceptions of June and July. After Halloween, pretty much every park opens after 8 AM and will always open at 9 AM until Summer rolls back.

If you are planning your visit and want to avoid crowds: Visit in November (except Veterans Day and Thanksgiving Week), December (except Christmas time and New years), January (except MLK Day), February (Don't know certain days exception but probably Valentine's Day), and the First Half of March (Spring Break, the park hours starts to get longer), and April (except days when Magic Kingdom still opens after 9 PM). September might be good to fit in this, but it is left out due to Halloween Party events and most hours that aren't Halloween occur are very long.

If you want to Visit on Long Hours: Visit in May (some days), June, July, August (hours sometime starts to get bit shorter except select days), September (except select days and Halloween Party events unless you have a Party Ticket Event where you can stay until Midnight), October (except on Halloween Event days unless you have a Party Ticket), and all of the exceptions on the best time to visit.

Also January 23, 2017 is scheduled to have Magic Kingdom close at 6 PM, suggest you buy a ticket to go to other parks on that day. Though the hours can change.

Well for Disneyland, November is usually the opposite of this. This year for June it looked like this: for Disneyland it opens at 8 AM to 11 PM (Saturdays 8 AM to 12 AM) and California Adventure 8 AM to 9 PM. July opens 8 AM to 12 AM and 8 AM to 10 PM. August starts to reduce as it opens 9 AM to 12 AM and 9 AM to 10 PM. At the end will reach open 10 AM to 9 PM and 10 AM to 8 PM. Septembers continues with the 10 AM to 9 PM pattern and Labor Day it opens 8 AM to 12 PM and 8 AM to 10 PM, this happens on some weekends. Though some days can open at 9 AM even on weekdays. On Mondays and Wednesdays of last week of September, it opens 8 AM to 6 PM and Fridays follows 8 AM to 7 PM with California Adventure closing at Midnight. Almost Every month will have a day that open at 10 AM and closes at 9 PM or 8 PM.

Last edited:
Yep. This hour will most likely be the final confirmed hours unless the private event is canceled. Parks close early before 6 PM besides Animal Kingdom, (it can close as early as 5 PM), are usually due to Private Events, Bad Weather like hurricane which all parks close at 5 PM on October 6, and all parks close without not even a single minute open on October 7. It can also be closed due to events. It is normal for parks to close before Midnight even on weekends except Thanksgiving week on November. This happened to Disneyland which closed at 5 PM once on the day before my bday which is on September.

Hoping there's some sort of fireworks display during this event. We have dinner ressies at California Grill. Fingers crossed!

Lovely, I booked a weekend trip for my anniversary that weekend. Nice to know I'll be paying full price for an extremely reduced experience. I guess Disney could care less as they already have my money.

Lovely, I booked a weekend trip for my anniversary that weekend. Nice to know I'll be paying full price for an extremely reduced experience. I guess Disney could care less as they already have my money.
It has been discussed through out this thread that the info about this date and the early closure has been posted on the wdw since early this year, I believe it was April . This is a service celebration for cast members

Right. People should assume that the Magic Kingdom is closing two nights in a row. Perhaps Disney should through a celebration for the person paying $100 to get into the park?

Right. People should assume that the Magic Kingdom is closing two nights in a row. Perhaps Disney should through a celebration for the person paying $100 to get into the park?
I totally get the frustration and believe me I would be frustrated to know that I planned a trip and the park hrs were limited during my trip but really to be honest any park anywhere can close early for any reason they see fit. If your hours on your trip disatisfy you that much perhaps you should consider not giving Disney anymore more money than you already have and cancel your trip? You could reschedule your trip for another time, though of course park hours could be affected then as well. Every day park hours can be affected by something.

oping there's some sort of fireworks display during this event. We have dinner ressies at California Grill. Fingers crossed!

Same dinning plans here , hoping for fire works. Anyone have knowledge or guesses on possible fireworks times ? Thanks in advance for insights.

Castmembers get 1 day a year. 1 day. They deserve it. Cast member celebration is to recognize those who have been with Disney for many years (5, 10, 15, 20, etc) and to let them have a night to enjoy the parks. Yes it sucks that it is happening during your vacation but this has been on the schedule with more than enough ample notice for you to reschedule or cancel if it was really that big of a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter