• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Notary Public at business centres

Mikamarii

Mouseketeer
Strange question but has anyone used the onsite notary at one of the business centres in WDW? We are selling our DVC and the deal can’t close until after we are done our January trip. We are staying at BLT and saw on the WDW site that they offer a notary at the onsite business centre for 10$ per seal but there weren’t a whole lot of details. Is someone available everyday during business hours?
In Canada notary public’s aren’t as widely available and are usually through lawyers offices so it is pretty pricey (cheapest I found was 50$ for the first seal) Figured we could get it signed while there and send it to the closing company which is in Florida anyway.
I’d rather not do that on vacation but it’s a pretty significant savings, shouldn’t take to long and there’s a business centre at BLT. My only fear is that we get there and no one is available thus creating a huge delay in the closing.

There is a business center at The Contemporary (right next door to BLT). Not sure if they have a notary.

Another option is to research off property notaries so you have a backup just in case there isn’t one at CR. You could take a Lyft/Uber there.

I don't know about Florida but in other states people have to pass a test to become a notary, so you can't assume that every Business Center employee is a notary.

Have you tried emailing the resale company or title company you are using? They might know of options near your hotel which would be economical even if you have to Uber/Lyft there.

I’m not sure of the pricing but there’s a notary service that will come to you.

greaterorlandomobilenotary dot com

I don't know about Florida but in other states people have to pass a test to become a notary, so you can't assume that every Business Center employee is a notary.

Have you tried emailing the resale company or title company you are using? They might know of options near your hotel which would be economical even if you have to Uber/Lyft there.
Really? Had no clue. No test here in TN. Just a form you fill out and file with the county.
The funniest part is to get our notary application notarized LOL
I gotta be honest though, I haven't a clue what I'm signing when I notarize something. Never seen the wording on 2 forms the same. Maybe we need a test here, LOL

Might try calling Disney and either asking to speak to someone at one of their business centers or ask if you can make an appointment for when you want the documents notarized. Their business center website doesn't show a specific time for getting something notarized, so not clear if they can do this at any time or if the people able to do that are available at specific times.

In the US, banks often have a person who can notarize, but not sure who you bank with and/or if you will have a car when at Disney.

Might try calling Disney and either asking to speak to someone at one of their business centers or ask if you can make an appointment for when you want the documents notarized. Their business center website doesn't show a specific time for getting something notarized, so not clear if they can do this at any time or if the people able to do that are available at specific times.

In the US, banks often have a person who can notarize, but not sure who you bank with and/or if you will have a car when at Disney.
I was debating about mentioning the banking angle. Until recently I worked for Bank of America and they usually have a notary in the banking centers, (oops I should have said financial centers), since they sometimes close on mortgages their. I don't know what they charge for "off the street" people, since as an associate the service was free. But I am sure the fee would be nominal. The closest center is in Celebration. So if you have a car that would be an option.

I can't speak to other banks.

My bank does Notary work for no fee if you have an account with them. Can't speak to other banks and may be like the coin exchange thing that was discussed recently where they will only accept coins if you have an account with them. OP indicated he is from Canada, so not sure what his options might be or if he banks with someone having branches in Orlando.

Have you tried contacting DVC directly? I'm a notary in Pennsylvania, and I don't charge clients - but it's basically a $5 fee for most documents.

I gotta be honest though, I haven't a clue what I'm signing when I notarize something.

Ha fellow notary here - and I know exactly what you're talking about.

Agree with a PP about contacting the Business Center and seeing what the notary's hours are? I was a notary in an investor center previously and we received plenty of phone calls to see what my hours were!

Have you tried contacting DVC directly? I'm a notary in Pennsylvania, and I don't charge clients - but it's basically a $5 fee for most documents.
Ya know, I don't charge either. I don't get why anyone would. Maybe it's pricey in some places. Here it's like $50 for 5 years. No fees to recoup to speak of

Thanks for the replies. Sorry but for some reason I didn’t get a single notification that others had responded.
I decided to go with a local notary. Much More expensive in Canada unfortunately but I can get it done before we go. dont want any snags while we are there so at least I know the documents will be in prior to closing. Since this will be our last trip to WDW for a while we want to make sure we soak up every minute there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter