Not Worth It?

I have had some experiences that turned out to not really be worth it, I'm talking about you New Year's in Times Square, but I have never been somewhere as a whole I regretted spending my vacation dollars to visit.

Yeah, my DIL never lived more than 40 miles from DL and never went until my son took her when she was 21. Interesting, they live about 40 miles away and their daughter went for the first time at age 2, but they are in no hurry to go again. And my DIL also was on the High School Debate team and College Debate Team and went several times to competitions at WDW and has NEVER been anywhere but the hotel and conference center there.
I don't know, my mom went to see the "Finale" of the Main Street Electrical Parade when she was 87. It was a Senior Travel Company tour, and it sold out, so there are lots of adults who love DL. My wife and I haven't been in over 4 years, and yes, we noticed we're not as quick getting out of the Matterhorn Bobsleds and Splash Mountain logs as we used to be, but we like the park.
We had family friends that lived half hour from Ocean City. Dad's childhood friend and mom and her shared the hospital room when I was born. I was born first and Jennifer was born a little after me. Sadly we lost Jennifer when she was very very young.

We went to OC every year for vacation. We drove to their house and spent the night. Next day we all went to OC to the beach for the day. Half hour away and that was the only day of the year they went to the beach. If I lived there, I'd be at the beach ever day.

Probably a trip we took to WDW in mid 90's. It wasn't anything to actually do with the parks themselves though. It was my DW and DS and our neighbors at the time. Lets just say they were less than fun.

Curious since so much of our board travels but have you ever regretted a trip (to Disney or anywhere) or looking back felt the money wasn’t worth it?
We don’t regret any trips, but we won’t be going back to Disney again. We just don’t feel like it is worth the cost now. We still love it, but we no longer find it affordable like we used to. Used to love getting the 10 day non expiring tickets and getting a couple trips out of them. We also loved the old free fast pass system.

We just looked to see what it would cost for two days for dh and myself when we are in Orlando in February and it is way more than we feel it is worth paying. Plus I am not willing to pay for tickets then pay even more to get a pass to ride.

I'm sorry to say it, but our last WDW trip in September 2022 was sooooo not worth it. We usually go in December and we probably should have waited-that was our first mistake. It was hotter than the surface of the sun, so hot that we had to back to our hotel twice during the trip because my sister had to rest and cool off. She called it 'hitting the wall,' which has never happened before, and we've been going on our Sisters Trips since 1994.

The crowds were outrageous. I've been at all times of the year and I never experienced such a crush. It was wall-to-wall people. It was hard to enjoy yourself when there were literally people on all sides pushing past, and it seemed like everyone was in a bad mood.

It was so un-enjoyable. We look sweaty and our smiles don't reach our eyes in so many of the photos. There were experiences we *did* enjoy, like Guardians and Rise, but so often we were back in our room by 8 p.m and in bed, when before we were sunup to sundown commandos. Our next trip we're planning to go somewhere else, maybe a cruise.

My only regret when it comes to travel is that the trips are never long enough. My last job wouldn’t allow us to take more than one week at a time, even though we got a lot of time (I was up to six weeks a year when they closed down). It’s difficult to do a trip to Europe, or frankly a lot of places, when you only have a week. I would have loved to have three weeks or more in Europe. Next job I hope I won’t have that restriction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter