NOT using Mobile Order

Did they allow you to do that during peak times when that time slot was full? Because I can see people doing this so they don't have to wait and it becoming an issue with having enough seating.
Yes. We just went in and ordered and then they would text us when food was ready.

Yes. We just went in and ordered and then they would text us when food was ready.

That makes sense, so in essence, it was the same process as mobile order. I was thinking that if you went in, then you would get your food right away. That would lead to people abusing it to get to eat right away.

We order when waiting in a line and time it when ready. Everyone picks where they want to eat and the orders. Head to area and place your order. It’s easy to do and beats standing in a line.

I’m sorry but when I’m on vacation I don’t want to have to place my food order on my phone we use cash for all our food while on vacation. Since they are pushing mobile ordering maybe they should drop prices of the food seeing how you are saving them money by not having to pay additional people. I’m so tired of hearing due to COVID we are now doing things this way but oh yeah the price is still the same. This is just my opinion

I’m sorry but when I’m on vacation I don’t want to have to place my food order on my phone we use cash for all our food while on vacation. Since they are pushing mobile ordering maybe they should drop prices of the food seeing how you are saving them money by not having to pay additional people. I’m so tired of hearing due to COVID we are now doing things this way but oh yeah the price is still the same. This is just my opinion
Supply/demand does not work that way. Since they have fewer people who can due to table spacing, and more people wanting to dine than they can accommodate. we should be thankful they have not raised prices—that would be more logical than lowering prices.

You can use cash to buy Disney gift cards that can then be used to mobile order. Problem solved.

I don't think their reason for mobile order is to pay less cashiers, it is to control the amount of people in the restaurant at any given time. With mobile order, they can set a limit on how many orders come in so that everyone has a table and are able to socially distance. There are still plenty of cast members working in the restaurants. You now have several outside monitoring who comes in, ones that help you to a table, and more to actually clean up afterwards. Also, up until a couple of weeks ago, they had cast members at the self serve soda fountains dispensing drinks. So I highly doubt it was to "save labor". It looked like there were more cast members in the restaurants then before. I actually like mobile ordering and the system that they have now. I hated how crowded the restaurants got and how so many would save a table ahead of time making it so others could not find a table with trays in hand.

What happens if you miss your window? Is there a little leeway?

Thanks!
Also, if I change my window time I assume it may or may not be available based on how busy they are.. ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter