NOT using Mobile Order

Mobile ordering is awesome and fast, and wanting to be spontaneous doesn't really have anything to do with it.

The only two restaurants where we found mobile ordering to have a wait longer than "right now" were Woody's Lunch Box and Satuli Canteen.

I found that to still be the case at the vast majority of restaurants.
I usually eat at off times and for the most part I've had to wait longer on both of my Covid trips than I did pre Covid. Before I was very often the only person waiting for a mobile order.

I usually eat at off times and for the most part I've had to wait longer on both of my Covid trips than I did pre Covid. Before I was very often the only person waiting for a mobile order.
Do you mean the ordering window wasn't immediately available, or that you got a good booking window but when you said "I'm here" there was a subsequent wait?

Do you mean the ordering window wasn't immediately available, or that you got a good booking window but when you said "I'm here" there was a subsequent wait?
Mostly the latter. The former did happen occasionally, not too much and when it did it was my fault for waiting til the last minute to try to order. The waiting after placing the order is more what I meant and what I never experienced with mobile order before everyone started using it. But there also weren't windows before Covid and you didn't have to wait for that before either.

Mostly the latter. The former did happen occasionally, not too much and when it did it was my fault for waiting til the last minute to try to order. The waiting after placing the order is more what I meant and what I never experienced with mobile order before everyone started using it. But there also weren't windows before Covid and you didn't have to wait for that before either.
I think that's intentional. Prior to COVID, Mobile Order triggered the kitchen to start preparing your food. If you wanted to pit stop at the bathroom or got stuck in traffic on the way, you could end up with an old meal. Now, they don't start preparing your plate until you check in, so your food is fresh.

I think that's intentional. Prior to COVID, Mobile Order triggered the kitchen to start preparing your food. If you wanted to pit stop at the bathroom or got stuck in traffic on the way, you could end up with an old meal. Now, they don't start preparing your plate until you check in, so your food is fresh.
The old version well back in 2018 Mobile order told you to check in when you got there. The food didnt start being made till you clicked that. If you clicked that 10 min out and got caught up thats on you making your food sit there. If you used it as it was set up you would click it when you got there and go up when you got the text. No way to get cold food.

They didn't start preparing your order until you hit "I'm here" before either. At least that's how it was explained to me by a CM the first time I used it in like 2018 and was my experience every time.

Excuse my ignorance, but the only way to pay using mobile order is with a credit card? Any way to use cash, gift card or Visa points?

Excuse my ignorance, but the only way to pay using mobile order is with a credit card? Any way to use cash, gift card or Visa points?
ON THE WDW website. all the information is there for you.

Order and Prepay Using Our App
Begin by selecting "+" and then choose “Order Food.” Pick an available restaurant, select your arrival time and then make your selections. You can even customize certain menu items to your taste. After you’ve reviewed your details, pay for your order using a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, Disney Rewards Redemption Card, Apple Pay or Disney dining plan.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobile-food-orders/

If you want to use a gift card, you'll need to enter the numbers every time you use it (as opposed to a debit or credit card, which you only have to register once). It's a good idea to type the gift card numbers into the notes app on your phone so that you can just copy and paste them.

Excuse my ignorance also, but you cannot pay for it with your magic ban when picking up the order?

New to mobile ordering and will be at WDW within the month. I tried a "practice" order and the credit card on file showed up for payment. If I place an order and use a different card (gift card or another CC) does the card on file (for hotel charges and MB) switch over or does the CC on file go back for other charges?

New to mobile ordering and will be at WDW within the month. I tried a "practice" order and the credit card on file showed up for payment. If I place an order and use a different card (gift card or another CC) does the card on file (for hotel charges and MB) switch over or does the CC on file go back for other charges?
The CC on file stays on file in your MDE account even if you input another payment card for the mobile order.

You can be spontaneous with mobile ordering unless you suddenly decide you want a popular counter service spot, you want it right now, and you can't get a time slot until two hours from now. In those cases you have to either book your slot earlier in the day (I don't mean eat lunch at Woody's Lunchbox at 10:30, I mean get a 12:00 slot at Woody's the minute you walk in the gate that morning), or else you have to be willing to settle for whatever place is available last minute.

After you've got your mobile order time slot, the only difference is that you choose your food from the menu on your phone instead of standing in a queue looking up at the menu board in person.
When you pick your time slot - do you have to pick your food?

Can you still charge food to your room? That was my plan was to charge to room and then pay room with gift cards - now I'm not so sure.

Yes, you essentially complete and pay for the whole order when you pick your time slot. They just don't start preparing it until you click "I'm here"
Can you still charge food to your room? That was my plan was to charge to room and then pay room with gift cards - now I'm not so sure.
Not with mobile order, but you can pay with gift cards.

When my family and I went in July 2020 and January 2021 we ordered inside. We told the CM's outside that we preferred to order inside and there was no issue. We also charge to our magicband. We prefer ordering inside, but that is just our preference.

When my family and I went in July 2020 and January 2021 we ordered inside. We told the CM's outside that we preferred to order inside and there was no issue. We also charge to our magicband. We prefer ordering inside, but that is just our preference.

Did they allow you to do that during peak times when that time slot was full? Because I can see people doing this so they don't have to wait and it becoming an issue with having enough seating.

Yes, you essentially complete and pay for the whole order when you pick your time slot. They just don't start preparing it until you click "I'm here"

You can also change your order, change the time slot, or even cancel it, right up until you click "I'm here".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter