Not to miss restaurants?

bks9581

DVC Home: BWV and SSR
Going to DLP in September. Looking at the table service restaurants and a little uninspired by the menus I've looked at. What are the must do sit down restaurants for those that have been recently? TIA!

To be honest, and in my personal opinion, none. I think all table services are okay. I haven't been to Walt's yet, but with the others within the park I always trip over the price/value balance. I do not care too much about decor, so enjoying the ambiance in Remy's and Captain Jack's only lasts a few minutes. The food is fine, but I enjoy going to Annette's or King Ludwig's in Disney Village more. I love eating, but I wouldn't consider myself a foodie.

The only must do, foodwise, I might add to the list:
I was at Auberge de Cendrillon last week, taking into account we saw 6 characters had a 3 course meal + non alcoholic apéritif for 80 euros was one of the better valued table service. The food was definitely better than at other restaurants, but still 80 euros is a lot for 1 meal.

Disneyland Paris is not a foodie destination. It's not bad, but it's not the level WDW has in Epcot for example.

I was honestly surprised by how good the table service restaurants were that we went to (just were at DLP 7/7-7/9)

We went to Auberge de Cendrillon, Captain Jacks, Chez Remy & Walts and the restaurant at Marvel Hotel.

I actually had low expectations given that I'm a DL Anaheim veteran & have dined at WDW at their premier restaurants. We had a GREAT time. Service was friendly & fun once the cast members realized we weren't overly demanding & we were their to enjoy the ambiance. The parks are packed & reservations hard to come by so there were some grumpy guests.

Chezy Remy & Walts were highlights for sure. I was shocked how much I liked Walt's: great service, food was delish, fun place. But when others say it's like Club 33 I would have to disagree.. Walt's is it's own place & I don't think comparable at all.

We were for sure disappointed by the lack of fun snacks & basically no real bakery or ice cream shop. Given it was Paris I actually thought that would be top notch. And no Champagne carts that I had read about?

Yes. The no real ice cream really bugs me. Went to the one in Fantasyland to find it closed. The one on main street closed :-(
There was only pre-packaged stuff. So we went to the cinema in the village and got ben and jerrys

We went to Captain Jack’s, Chez Remy, Plaza Gardens (twice- breakfast and dinner), and Agrabah in June. I’m not a foodie, but I like to eat, and I like to try stuff.

Captain Jack’s is all about the vibe, but we actually enjoyed the food. The menu is pretty limited though, so you’ll have to weigh ambience against food.

I’m going to go against the grain here and say Chez Remy did not live up to the hype. I don’t know why that is- maybe it’s cause my ratatouille is better? Ha. It was just kind of disappointing. This was our most rushed meal out of all of them as well.

We actually really liked Plaza Gardens for dinner. Lots of options, lots of desserts. It is a character dining for dinner- we met with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Eeyore, and Tiger. I probably wouldn’t have done it just for the food… though the dessert selection may have been worth it just for that. (I ate seven macarons. And pretty much one of everything else.)

Breakfast didn’t feel as worth it, but we wanted to try it out. I generally don’t find breakfast sit down table meals to be worth it though. It was worth it for the characters- they had some that aren’t common stateside. Wemet with Pinocchio, Gepetto, Rabbit, Tiger, and Smee, but past that, I wouldn’t do this for the breakfast food.

Agrabah’s was very good, and I say that saying our circumstances for visiting weren’t great. (Supposed to eat at Captain Jack’s, they had an issue, caused Agrabah’s to be crowded and delayed our time to eat, so we were not in the best mood! Long story, I’ll make a trip report some day.) This is a great way to try something a little out of the norm. It’s not the best Mediterranean food I’ve ever had, but it’s a good buffet selection, it’s air conditioned, and the surroundings are neat.

One weird quirk we discovered- buffet did not mean bottomless drinks. We had been led to believe by other reviews that we could suck down coke after coke. We each got one glass, and that was it. Kind of a bummer.

We ate at Plaza Gardens in September 2019. I loved it, but I love Crystal Palace as well and was looking for a French version. Plaza Gardens delivered. Luckily I still have the photos. Here’s the list of what I ate:

Fish terrine, Rabbit terrine, Octopus and pineapple salad, Tomatoes and mozzarella, Green salad, Baguette

It's Halloween themed so purple hummus and orange toast (this was my favorite item), and cheese

Peanut Soup

Beef with sauce, veal stew, pesto pasta with shrimp, couscous with cheese, mussels in butter garlic cream sauce (fantastic), fish in orange cream sauce, garlic parsley potato crisps (also yummy)

Maleficent Halloween cheesecake, chocolate mouse, apricot tart with creme anglaise

But don’t worry my friend had mostly pizza and roasted chicken. There was something for all

Attachments

• 923F4BCA-9940-47B5-A148-4AA179DF8ACE.jpeg
    923F4BCA-9940-47B5-A148-4AA179DF8ACE.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 027FBC32-60C1-423E-BAFA-A62A6C4AA9A7.jpeg
    027FBC32-60C1-423E-BAFA-A62A6C4AA9A7.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
  • E92F4CD3-5553-4A4E-9906-B26C32E0C998.jpeg
    E92F4CD3-5553-4A4E-9906-B26C32E0C998.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 3
  • 47F39B66-97FD-4882-A01B-CCEEA1578F06.jpeg
    47F39B66-97FD-4882-A01B-CCEEA1578F06.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 3
  • 4A250273-5BA7-48AF-9B51-4E89D64BBCC9.jpeg
    4A250273-5BA7-48AF-9B51-4E89D64BBCC9.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
One weird quirk we discovered- buffet did not mean bottomless drinks. We had been led to believe by other reviews that we could suck down coke after coke. We each got one glass, and that was it. Kind of a bummer.
Europe does not do free refills on drinks

Europe does not do free refills on drinks
I knew that in general, but several reviews we had read specifically mentioned free refills, and even posted photos of the menus that stated it. (I know Lucky Nugget, I think Plaza Gardens also?) The reviews must have been outdated.

Thank you all! I will reread and digest your responses later, but most of what was mentioned we are considering. I had heard the food at DLP was disappointing so we are prepared for that. Before DLP, we are doing a couple weeks in France, Belgium and Germany so we will just have to get our fill of good food beforehand. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter