Not-to-be-missed Wish menu items?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
Are there any not-to-be-missed menu items in The Wish MDRs? Obviously i realize it's subjective but looking for opinions of those who have sailed on The Wish. Going for the first time and interested in hearing about others' experiences. Feel free to throw in any Marceline or pool-side foods, too! Thanks!

Are there any not-to-be-missed menu items in The Wish MDRs? Obviously i realize it's subjective but looking for opinions of those who have sailed on The Wish. Going for the first time and interested in hearing about others' experiences. Feel free to throw in any Marceline or pool-side foods, too! Thanks!
Nothing memorable in the MDR’s for me. But the poolside festival of goods is fantastic! Especially the ribs and the pizza.
Palo brunch was also excellent, especially the lasagna.

When we were on the Wish this past summer our family really enjoyed the build your own bowls at Donalds Cantina. 1923 was our favourite restaurant and we all enjoyed the appetizer hyperion four cheese tri-colored tortigilioni pasta and the main meal Tortiglioni Pasta (we didnt order it from the menu but our waiter brought it out for us to try and we LOVED it) and the apple cheesecake for dessert are all my and my families recommendations.

Last edited:

For me:

1923:
. burrata and prosciutto
. duck confit pastille
. peppered filet mignon (and I'm not a big fan of filet mignon but it was delicious)

Marvel:
. my least favourite restaurant, but I will say that the chicken schnitzel was good, and I usually find that most places don't do schnitzel right. It was crispy on the outside without being greasy and moist inside. Thumbs up for me on this dish.

Arendelle:
. DH loved the Koldtbord; he hated the royal baked scallops - they're in a huge puff pastry that is more pastry than anything else. I can't eat seafood so I can't comment on either but he still talks about the koldtbord and says he should have had that the second time instead of the scallops.
. cheese and rosemary ham tart - one of my favourite things

Embarkation day MDR lunch:
. roasted beef sirloin

I found Marcelline Market to be okay. Nothing special.

The pool deck options underwhelmed me. Donald's Cantina was okay, but if you want any flavour, you have to add lots of hot sauce, and that's not something I normally do. Without any, it was bland and flavourless. At Mickey's Barbecue, the pulled pork was dry and the ribs were salty. I don't like any of the side options so never tried them. It could have been an off day but I wasn't impressed.

At 1923 the burrata/prosciutto appetizer and blueberry bavarian cream dessert were my favorite things I ate on the cruise.

At Arrendale Anna’s Koldtbord appetizer and the Icelandic Cod entree were very good.

At Marvel I enjoyed the shrimp appetizer, scallop pasta entree and cheesecake dessert.

I'm a lover of mushrooms and both the vegetarian mushroom entrees were very good. I ate one so fast the server offered me another. LOL

I love baked Brie, which is an appetizer ... somewhere
I love chicken fingers at Marceline

Unfortunately, no matter my larger size, it doesn't take much to fill me so I avoid telling servers I like something because I'm already too full by the time we leave a lunch or dinner. I don't make a point of remembering where I ate a particular item - with the exception of the chicken fingers. :D

For poolside food I would say anything from the BBQ stand. The pizza was also good.

In Arandelle I enjoyed the meatball dish and for desert the "pancakes". The highlights in 1923 were the tri color tortelloni app and the tortiglioni pasta entree.

I think Marceline had a lot of unusual options. I think it's a more interesting buffet than cabanas. I second Anna’s Koldtbord

I agree that Marceline is a better buffet. I liked the options there a lot. There were lots of international options.

The poolside places are really nice. The taco/burrito place is good, you can get great sides at the bbq joint, the pizzas are fine.

I was fairly underwhelmed by the MDR foods (and agree that World of Marvel is just a bit of a dud overall) but this was our third cruise and the first time I felt like the MDR dessert options were actually pretty tasty. All my MDR meals were perfectly fine, but we just sailed two weeks ago and none of them were especially memorable.

Thank you for asking this question, OP, and thanks to all the answerers. I'm taking notes here!

Arendelle, the Sea Bass was excellent and the Beef Ribeye was very good. We liked the Scallops, the ham tart and of course we ordered several of the other apps for the entire table to enjoy including the Koldtbord. The Braised Meatballs were good and we just asked our waiter for just a few meatballs so everyone at the table could sample them. Both the Apple Cake and the Butter Cake were very good. The waiters typically steer you away from the more unpopular items on the menu, so ask for their suggestions at every meal.

Marvel, was probably the weakest of the restaurants, but still good. If you do happen to order the chicken schnitzel ask for a side of the saffron sauce that comes on the pasta dish to go along with it. It really enhances the dish. We enjoyed the Bao Buns and the Shrimp apps. The mushroom soup was good as well and of course you can't go wrong with a wedge salad with blue cheese. The Ribeye was good, my wife enjoyed the pasta dish and the pork chop although seasoned fantastically, as the waiter told us was just too dry. We also ordered a Schnitzel for the table and it was prepared very well as others have mentioned, just order a side of the sauce that comes on the pasta and you have a winner. I believe we had all the desserts, the date pudding was a bit too sweet for our liking, but all the rest of the desserts were very good and we enjoyed them all. Our waiter even brought us out a plate of the donuts that they place on top of the sundae.

1923, all 4 apps were very good, the corn chowder was good and the salads were both good. The Rack of Lamb as well as the Filet were both excellent and prepared to a perfect temp of our selection. We noticed on the "Lighter Notes" that they offered Lobster, so we asked our waiter if they could do a little surf and turf with our filets. So I'd suggest that if you are craving a little lobster while on the trip. We had the waiter just bring out the rack of lamb for the table. They did a great job and everything we asked for, they simply said, "sure, whatever you would like." The Blueberry-lemon Bavarian Cream was great and the apple cheesecake was excellent as well. I'd skip the churro's, but we aren't big churro fans to begin with.

Marceline Market, the roasted lamb was very good, as was the butter chicken. We of course made several trips to the chilled seafood section for the boiled shrimp and Jonah's crab claws. Just give everything a try, it's a buffet, if you take a bit of something just put it aside and try something else.

We found all the food items at the festival of foods to be good, including the BBQ and we are from TX. Again, give things a try, if you don't like it, discard it and move on the something else there is plenty to select from. I'm a mustard potato salad fan, they serve white potato salad, so I simply went to the condiment bar and added some mustered and mixed it into the potato salad and it was fixed! Haha

Like I always say, we are from Houston and we have more restaurants in our city than any other in the country, we also have the most culturally diverse city in the country. We feel like we know good food and we have a broad pallet and enjoy a variety of international cuisines. We found the food on the Wish to be very good over all and were quite pleased with all the selections at the breakfast buffet as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter