Not sure why Tony’s gets the hate…

Ate there in the early 90's and the food seemed fine. DH won't go back because he ate his entire bowl of spagetti and the server held up his plate and announced it to the entire restaurant. I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore.

We went there a few years ago, and I didn't get the hate either. I don't remember exactly what I ordered, but I liked it, and I do remember our server was very nice. Maybe it was just because there was lovely AC on a hot day, but I had no complaints with the atmosphere either. (It wasn't loud like I'd been warned on here to expect, and I found the Lady & The Tramp decor cute.)

I suspect they have changed chefs and the food has improved greatly. BUT, when we ate there about 6 years ago, my husband and I broke out laughing. We were both raised on Chef Boyardee Spaghetti (in the can) - until I was in my 20's I honestly believed that was authentic Italian food. When we ate at Tony's, we ordered the Spaghetti. Our order came and we both took one bite and said: "Chef Boyardee!". I would know that canned spaghetti anywhere - it even had the teeny meatballs. So, maybe things have improved greatly - but, at that time, it was a HUGE disappointment. On the other hand, maybe that's what they served the dogs in the movie???

We visited despite negative remarks we had read. We loved it. Both the service and our food choices were great. (This was pre-Covid.) We will for sure visit again.

I think most of the negative reviews are from years ago, before they changed chefs and updated recipes and the menu.

We went last year, just to see for ourselves, and thought it was great. Typically we avoid Italian food when at the parks, so haven't gone back in the last year, but I was glad we tried it and wouldn't hesitate to go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter