Not sure I can do it, week before Easter

Yeah we were talking in the Aug 2019 thread. I guess I just assumed we had that same week off when we were chatting being from NJ and NY but my wife actually has the Thurs and Fri before Easter off and then that following entire week.

So funny I just checked the schedule for the district I grew up in and those are the days they have off! Are you on LI?

I’m still going back and forth if I should do April or not... I’m leaning towards if I get an AP I’m going to, if no AP I’m going to skip it and do Jersey week in 2020.

So funny I just checked the schedule for the district I grew up in and those are the days they have off! Are you on LI?

I’m still going back and forth if I should do April or not... I’m leaning towards if I get an AP I’m going to, if no AP I’m going to skip it and do Jersey week in 2020.

Yup we are in LI. I think we are going to do it. My wife's cousins and godchildren are going that week too (they always go that week) and we have never been to flower and garden festival so why not.

Yup we are in LI. I think we are going to do it. My wife's cousins and godchildren are going that week too (they always go that week) and we have never been to flower and garden festival so why not.

Flower and garden is beautiful! It’s one of thereason I want to go. We shall see!

This year I wouldn't do Easter because Easter happens to fall before Massachusetts spring vacation and after NH spring vacation. April 12th doesn't do that so maybe a few less people from the northeast then.

we just got our 2019-2020 school calendar and I was debating a April 2020 trip but I’m just not sure I can do the week before Easter. I can easily push it back to November 2020.... which makes me sad, but may be the better option....

Who does Easter will I hated it, is it that crowded? I also figure 2020 will be really crowded in general.
Easter was our standard go to week for years. We lived in California at the time (originally from NJ) & daughter attended private school ( her break was always during Easter). Year after year it got more & more crowded. 2018 being the worst. I over heard so many people talking to each other & on their phones saying they’ve never seen it so crowded @ Easter before. It was also HOT. I now live in Southeast & I know hot. Daughter is now in public school & Spring Break is always the first week of April. Friend of mine in Boston area always have Break in mid April. We are not going to WDW this year during Easter/Spring Break. after last years crowd, I couldn’t do it this year.

I did the week before Easter in 2012 because my son was marching with his band in MK. It was before the new FP+ system so still paper FP. It was very hot that year but that said we were able to hit the pool in the late afternoons then return to the park for the evenings. It was very crowded but manageable. I would not chose to go this time again but if that is what you got then you can deal with it by planning well.

Well DH is on board with an Easter trip next yeat so looks like I’ll be doing his after all!

It will be bitter sweet because I did need to negotiate a year long WDW break.... but worth it just the same!

we did an Easter week trip a few years ago, and it was pretty crowded but manageable. The only park that was really crazy crowded was Magic Kingdom. It was actually hard to make your way through the people, and it was nearly impossible to get into any of the QS places for lunch. We ended up decamping to the Grand Floridian cafe for lunch. The other parks were fairly crowded but nothing like that.

Well DH is on board with an Easter trip next yeat so looks like I’ll be doing his after all!

It will be bitter sweet because I did need to negotiate a year long WDW break.... but worth it just the same!
I'm stalking "Easter break" threads. I came across yours and curious if you booked Easter week? And, if you've come up with a game plan for how to handle it. I'm considering the same week, 4/4/20-4/11/20. I've never done Easter and am scared to death. lol. Had originally planned early June or late July 2020 but these temps this week have me rethinking it. I know hot. We live in the south AL and our feels like is 105 today. I CANNOT imagine being at the parks with this kind of hot... What to do? What to do?

I'm stalking "Easter break" threads. I came across yours and curious if you booked Easter week? And, if you've come up with a game plan for how to handle it. I'm considering the same week, 4/4/20-4/11/20. I've never done Easter and am scared to death. lol. Had originally planned early June or late July 2020 but these temps this week have me rethinking it. I know hot. We live in the south AL and our feels like is 105 today. I CANNOT imagine being at the parks with this kind of hot... What to do? What to do?
We decided against it, but not because of crowds. Because my job changed and will change again before then and I don’t know if I will be able to take a whole week off, plus we are going feb and maybe the following week in April for rundisney races.

If we were doing the feb trip and maybe the other April trip and my job was set we would have booked it haha :rotfl2: , that’s a lot of what ifs!

We are going for our first summer trip this year and I will have a better opinion on that soon.... it’s so hard to pick a week at least for me especially now that I battle the school calendar!

We decided against it, but not because of crowds. Because my job changed and will change again before then and I don’t know if I will be able to take a whole week off, plus we are going feb and maybe the following week in April for rundisney races.

If we were doing the feb trip and maybe the other April trip and my job was set we would have booked it haha :rotfl2: , that’s a lot of what ifs!

We are going for our first summer trip this year and I will have a better opinion on that soon.... it’s so hard to pick a week at least for me especially now that I battle the school calendar!
haha! That IS a lot of what ifs! I'm just an overthinker. I was ready to book my trip for late July 2020 last week and then decided I need to sit on it a bit before I book. Of course now I'm doubting it.

haha! That IS a lot of what ifs! I'm just an overthinker. I was ready to book my trip for late July 2020 last week and then decided I need to sit on it a bit before I book. Of course now I'm doubting it.
Same! Honestly unless you can go like a random week in March it’s always crowded or hot or both....

I know that’s zero help, but I would pick the time that works the best and run with it.

We are off March 30- April 3 for Spring break. We are going to Disney; it’s the first time ever going at a different time other than early June. So, I hope it’s not too bad. At least it won’t be as hot as June.

I’m South Alabama too, the past week has been horrible. We usually go to WDW early June. You just have to keep hydrated and take breaks. We always have a TS lunch, then go back to the resort. Go back to park in the evening. My husband did get sick last year, he was drinking soda and no water. That’s why we want to try Spring.

I’m South Alabama too, the past week has been horrible. We usually go to WDW early June. You just have to keep hydrated and take breaks. We always have a TS lunch, then go back to the resort. Go back to park in the evening. My husband did get sick last year, he was drinking soda and no water. That’s why we want to try Spring.
That's a great idea about TS lunches, then a break. We usually do TS breakfast or dinner, and mobile order lunch. Anyway to avoid the crowds is great idea. We did Mardi Gras this year and loved the weather! We don't get as much of a break for Mardi Gras this year and I don't want to take the kids out of school otherwise I'd do that timeframe again for sure.

No I wouldn't go then. I'm not going to spend all that money to battle crowds the entire time.

I prefer summer or fall temps with moderate crowds rather than cooler temps but really high crowd levels.

Dan

we just got our 2019-2020 school calendar and I was debating a April 2020 trip but I’m just not sure I can do the week before Easter. I can easily push it back to November 2020.... which makes me sad, but may be the better option....

Who does Easter will I hated it, is it that crowded? I also figure 2020 will be really crowded in general.

We've been at both times of year and for us prefer middle of November (were there last year Nov 14-18). It's after Jersey week but before Thanksgiving week so it's crowded but lighter. The around Easter crowds are a little higher IMO but not completely horrible. I am planning spring break in April 2020 and feel like as long as have a plan and go into your trip without unrealistic expectations, you will have a great time. We have had some really crazy busy days and still always have a blast. I always say, a really crowded, bad Disney park day is ALWAYS better than a day at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter