Not ROFR thread - general discussion

Wowzers! $103?! That’s an amazing price. Was it stripped? I don’t recall seeing it on the ROFR. I’m now thinking I should have offered less on my $116 completely unnecessary purchase!
Oct use year but big 350 point per year. 350 2023 I had banked to 2024 before signing contract and ROFR, 350 2024+ that 350 2023 banked, 350 2025, all at $103 per point. We were not planning on buying any near that many Points and frankly had thought we were probably done for now, we saw it and had to full price offer and got it. Will have to deal with a Dec 250 Riviera and now Oct 350 but will deal with the split points. We now have almost every use year (when Disney posts them all in) and starting our actual buying process in January, smh. Addonitis was very real and FOMO on some really good deals.

I cannot imagine dealing with every single UY. My head would explode. I didn't even want to pick a 2nd UY for our WDW contracts because I didn't want to deal with the hassle. DVC math is already kind of annoying to me to begin with so for my sanity, I stuck with the same UY for everything.
Multiple use years I can deal with and I like doing that math, but multiple use years for the same resort I can't get myself to do. I could've gotten 2022 points on my last direct purchase but decided to forego it just to have my RIV points in the same use year.

Multiple use years I can deal with and I like doing that math, but multiple use years for the same resort I can't get myself to do. I could've gotten 2022 points on my last direct purchase but decided to forego it just to have my RIV points in the same use year.

I actually like I have both RIv and VGf in two different UYs.

Since my reason is different trips, it allows me to have the home resort advantage for each trip in the ideal UY.

I cannot imagine dealing with every single UY. My head would explode. I didn't even want to pick a 2nd UY for our WDW contracts because I didn't want to deal with the hassle. DVC math is already kind of annoying to me to begin with so for my sanity, I stuck with the same UY for everything.
There are so many stories of people who have had their membership for a few years and say “I wanted to get an amazing upfront price on the resale contract… but I really regret having so many Use Years so I’m going to start selling some contracts….”

The fact that you can’t transfer banked or borrowed points to another membership ID makes multiple UYs a PITA.

There are so many stories of people who have had their membership for a few years and say “I wanted to get an amazing upfront price on the resale contract… but I really regret having so many Use Years so I’m going to start selling some contracts….”

The fact that you can’t transfer banked or borrowed points to another membership ID makes multiple UYs a PITA.

Yeah, we're so early on that I don't know how we'll end up using all of our points. So after reading up here on the forum, I decided I just didn't want to deal with that. I know June isn't super ideal for January/February trips but honestly, if we ever needed to cancel it's most likely going to be before our banking window OR within 30 days. So for VGC, we'd just need to rent it out or something anyway. And probably what we'd do with BRV too since we don't like to go during any other months.

I do enjoy the different responses from brokers for low balls offers.

Favourite one so far is telling me the average price and I should make an offer closer to fair market value……

not sure if they understand how averages work….
My favorite was from a well known sponsor - "our guaranteed buy price for them is only $3 less" and of course the seller pays the closing cost in those deals.
Last time I checked +$3 plus closing is still better :)

I haven’t had any issues with 6 UYs, with VGC in 2, and now AUL in 3. Maybe it’s because I do multiple trips year-round (will be going to AUL 3 times in 4 months 😅), and MS doesn’t seem to care that I transfer between my own memberships more than once a year. I have anxiety booking trips beyond the banking window.

We put an offer on a wonderfully stacked OKW contract (480-250-250) and the broker never heard back from the seller. They tried calling, texting and emailing. So weird.

I still longingly look at it but we did have an offer accepted at another contract (333-200-200).

We put an offer on a wonderfully stacked OKW contract (480-250-250) and the broker never heard back from the seller. They tried calling, texting and emailing. So weird.

I still longingly look at it but we did have an offer accepted at another contract (333-200-200).

I do find that weird, Same with contracts that have been on the market for over a year but the seller wants an unachievable price.

Almost like they want to sell but cant let go,

I offered on a contract once where the seller was on a cruise, so it took several days for the broker to hear back. I wanted a loaded contract, so I waited. Ended up not coming to agreement on price but was successful on next one.

I do find that weird, Same with contracts that have been on the market for over a year but the seller wants an unachievable price.

Almost like they want to sell but cant let go,

I know, right! We’ve had refusals and negotiations, but never flat out ghosting. 🤷‍♀️ But we did get a really good price on the contracts that’s waiting for the ROFR gods so I can’t really complain too much.

I know, right! We’ve had refusals and negotiations, but never flat out ghosting. 🤷‍♀️ But we did get a really good price on the contracts that’s waiting for the ROFR gods so I can’t really complain too much.
I had one seller just not respond to the agent, phone text and email. That was weird.

I had one seller just not respond to the agent, phone text and email. That was weird.

That's exactly what happened to me. It was weird, but was also hoping that nothing really bad happened to the seller or their family.

A friend of mine is buying a resale contract. I was very impressed with Cammy for my closing, but I believe she moved to a new company. Can someone remind me which company she is with? Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter