Not Missing FastPass+

corky441

DIS Veteran
Anyone else glad to see that the FastPass system is gone, at least for a while anyway?
We’re not crazy rush rush park visitors any longer. We’ve been coming to WDW since the late 80’s.
With crowds growing exponentially over the years, FastPass became a necessity. First, having to run to FP machines, then having to get online at the crack of dawn just to get on a ride. Stressful and ridiculous...
We’d find ourselves wasting so much time waiting for our FP. Getting to a ride too early forced us to just hang around until our time.
I’m really looking forward to our trip in October without the FP hassle

We said the same thing. We were just there this week and really enjoyed going on ALL the rides at our own pace and choice. I can't remember the last time we could casually walk into a park and just head wherever we felt like - usually we're sprinting to our first FP and then constantly trying to work the system to change our FP times so we didn't always have to wait for the next FP.

However, once the crowds pick up again, I hope they are ready with some sort of FP system in place. As of this week, we consistently averaged around a 30 minute wait for the big-ticket rides, and this is with relatively low crowds.

While I did enjoy not having them this trip, it was because they weren't needed. Never waited more than 15-20 minutes except two or three times. Now if/when it gets back to previous crowd levels, absolutely no way, give me allllll the FPs. Never really ride anything without them as I never have any trouble getting them for anything.

We are happy getting 8-10 fast passes a day with little effort. Haven't gotten in a standby line of over 20 minutes in years.

Definitely not looking forward to our visit in a couple of weeks if standby lines are 30 minutes plus on popular rides.

We are happy getting 8-10 fast passes a day with little effort. Haven't gotten in a standby line of over 20 minutes in years.

Definitely not looking forward to our visit in a couple of weeks if standby lines are 30 minutes plus on popular rides.
If its anything like it was this week, you'll be fine. I waited 30 min for MMRR and about the same for Rise (not really sure where to count the wait stopping and ride starting on that one lol, but I was off in less than 45 min). Other than that, 15-20 min tops for headliners, 5-10 or walk on for everything else. Walked right onto FOP 5 times in a row one morning (they give you a shortcut to go through for rerides) if that gives you an idea.

If its anything like it was this week, you'll be fine. I waited 30 min for MMRR and about the same for Rise (not really sure where to count the wait stopping and ride starting on that one lol, but I was off in less than 45 min). Other than that, 15-20 min tops for headliners, 5-10 or walk on for everything else. Walked right onto FOP 5 times in a row one morning (they give you a shortcut to go through for rerides) if that gives you an idea.
Thanks for the response. Was this week days or weekend?

I don’t know why anyone would prefer to wait an hour in line instead of using a tiny bit of effort to get a FP and wait 5 minutes instead. I’ve always been grateful for those people though, since they allow me to get the FP and walk by them standing in the stand-by line. Once things get back to normal I’ll be glad for the return of FP for those who prefer not to wait in line.

I missed it for 7DMT. The line was always about 30 minutes. BTMRR was kind of long too. We actually got out line after being in it 20+ minutes, because they were going to do a 15 minute cleaning. It would have been nice for MMRR, but I don't think they would have had it anyway. Plus, with VQ for ROTR, what else was I going to do at park opening? Generally though, most lines were non-existent or 15 minutes at most. I think it's unfair to compare wait times now without FP+ to wait times pre-covid with FP+. Looking at the current crowd numbers, you can't subjectively say that FP+ makes waits worse.

We missed FP a lot. We have always used refresh method and used fastpass to walk on to everything. This time waiting in line really grated on us—lines lines lines for everything, and even more annoying because of the constant watching the social distance markers to avoid getting stuck between markers. Yes most waits were 20-30 mins, but with FP it was 5 mins

We missed FP a lot. We have always used refresh method and used fastpass to walk on to everything. This time waiting in line really grated on us—lines lines lines for everything, and even more annoying because of the constant watching the social distance markers to avoid getting stuck between markers. Yes most waits were 20-30 mins, but with FP it was 5 mins
I guess just different experiences, I would say around 90-95% of my waits were the same (or faster as a walk on) as what I would wait in a FP line. I'm all about refreshing and would easily get at least 12-15 FPs a day and actually got waaaaay more done much, much, much faster than usual this past week.

I guess just different experiences, I would say around 90-95% of my waits were the same (or faster as a walk on) as what I would wait in a FP line. I'm all about refreshing and would easily get at least 12-15 FPs a day and actually got waaaaay more done much, much, much faster than usual this past week.
Well we had three little kids in tow and that made the waiting get old really fast, especially when it felt like one in five rides would have a lengthy cleaning procedure while we were stuck in line, and when outdoor queues in August are really unpleasant. So while we did get plenty done, it was less pleasant because we were spending more time in lines and less time relaxing in between FP with a snack, browsing gift shops (which also often had lines just to get in this trip), or taking in street entertainment (less of that available this trip). So for us while the quantity of rides we gone done was on par with FP, the quality of the experience was way down.

Well we had three little kids in tow and that made the waiting get old really fast, especially when it felt like one in five rides would have a lengthy cleaning procedure while we were stuck in line, and when outdoor queues in August are really unpleasant. So while we did get plenty done, it was less pleasant because we were spending more time in lines and less time relaxing in between FP with a snack, browsing gift shops (which also often had lines just to get in this trip), or taking in street entertainment (less of that available this trip). So for us while the quantity of rides we gone done was on par with FP, the quality of the experience was way down.
Haha, quite the opposite for me. I spent way less time in line than usual (when before I almost exclusively used FP) and found myself actually taking the time to eat more snacks, shop more, and take in the details that I don't usually get to do. Much slower pace for me than previous trips while getting a whole lot more done, it was nice.

Another positive I can think of is that I actually got the chance to see some of the cool stand by lines. The last several years, the first ride of the day would be the only ride we would do stand by, then it would be non stop FPs the rest of the day (obviously with the exception of the rides/attractions that don't use FP), so there were many stand by queues that I had never seen before. Though I pretty much always just ran right through them because the lines were short, it was still nice to get a chance to see some of those details I hadn't seen before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter