Not mentioning disboards much

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
Is it my imagination or has the Disunplugged stopped talking about Disboards much? It seems like every week, they used to mention an interesting thread or bring a topic up from the Disboards. Are they purposely distancing themselves from the forums for some reason?

I've been watching since 2018, and I feel like they stopped mentioning DisBoard topics about 2 or 3 years ago. I only know this happened because I rewatch shows from 2015 and 2016

Cathy did mention them today briefly.

Agreed. But, Disney as a whole does not seem to be much of a topic on the boards, either. Activity seems to have slowed and other topics often getting the most attention. Not a criticism, just an observation as I love my friends on here.

After watching today's show there also doesn't seem to be as much interest in the parks like there used to be. They talked more about DCL than what's coming to the parks.
I will second that the cruise line is the A topic these days. Having never been on a cruise in my life I couldn't care less but obviously there must be a lot of interest in it from other customers/viewers/fans of theirs

I will second that the cruise line is the A topic these days. Having never been on a cruise in my life I couldn't care less but obviously there must be a lot of interest in it from other customers/viewers/fans of theirs
Probably but they do have a show just on DCL for that. My guess is they just aren't into the parks like they used to be.

Pete has flat out said that people who want the "Disney experience" should go DCL, not to the parks. It makes sense that that's where they're steering the conversation these days.

If you can push people to book a cruise through your company, and then have them tell their friends how much they enjoyed it and to also book a cruise through your company, you're better off than convincing people to book a Disney World vacation that can be hit or miss in terms of quality, service or bang for the buck. DCL might even be a more profitable sale for Dreams Unlimited, but I don't have any insight there.

I feel the change to DCL content over parks content really happened once DCL re-opened post-COVID. Pete always seems to be either on a cruise, just back from a cruise or about to go on a cruise.

They talked more about DCL than what's coming to the parks.

Well honestly, there isn't that much coming to the parks, at least not definitive. Tron and Moana have been known for years, just waiting for the construction to finally finish. The Splash Mountain re-theme has also been known for years. This really wasn't the most exciting parks panel.

As someone whose family just got off a 7 night DCL and then 5 days at the park it is like
night and day the difference. The parks were "ok" but i felt the DCL service practically went above
and beyond what we are use to. Now this was our 4th DCL cruise in 6 months(FCC)...a couple of months
ago I was wondering if it was still worth it but not this time. Our best time ever!!

This was the only time after being in the parks everyone in the family said..."I wish we were back on
the ship". Of course the heat did not help.

Seemed like Pete kept steering it back to DCL. I know that's where his interests are lately but as someone more interested in the parks it is kind of frustrating.
I agree 100% with this. D23 is such an important event, and how much time was spent rehashing stuff about cruising and the Wish? Craig and Ryno were at the event and were not given enough time to lead the discussion. Hopefully they will have an opportunity to talk more about D23 on Off the Rails. That show is now the focal point for parks and resorts among the different DIS channels. It would be nice if the Tuesday show went back to focusing more about topics found on the board. It makes us all feel more a part of it.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with this. D23 is such an important event, and how much time was spent rehashing stuff about cruising and the Wish? Craig and Ryno were at the event and were not given enough time to lead the discussion. Hopefully they will have an opportunity to talk more about D23 on Off the Rails. That show is now the focal point for parks and resorts among the different DIS channels. It would be nice if the Tuesday show went back to focusing more about topics found on the board. It makes us all feel more a part of it.
Yeah I hope they use Off the Rails to talk about stuff that is really On the Rails. I knew I would be disappointed when they started with the Paradise Pier hotel "announcement." All they really told us was the new name! We learned about the remodel months ago, it wasn't some rumor. We had seen concept art with Pixar balls outside, and glass(?) Pixar figures in the lobby coming from the ceiling. Disney also told us (again months ago) they were adding a park entrance, so both PP and GCH would have their own and it's already open. Does Pete know this? The Dis had an article after D23 and I thought the title was sloppy, "New Pixar Place Hotel for Disneyland Announced!" The hotel isn't a new build and it wasn't announced at D23, it was announced months ago. A correct title would just indicate the new name. It says Disney has "hinted" at a retheme. No they didn't hint, they told us.

Here is where on the boards the DL fans first talked about it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/paradise-pier-getting-pixar-overhaul.3881451

Here is where Disney told us officially on their site.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...pcoming-pixar-plans-big-foodie-news-and-more/

Then Pete started talking about the new ship. That wasn't announced either, this has been in the works for years and all they told us was the name and showed that Jasmine and Aladdin would be in the lobby. Yes I totally give them credit for that.

So, yes name announcements are important, and a couple of quick concept art were cool as well but let's be clear about what was said when. I would say the Treasure name is far more exciting then the generic name PP got.

I thought Pete went too easy on Disney, the announcements were pretty weak.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding the shows very repetitive of late. I also agree with others above re DCL - seems to always end up the topic of choice.

A bit like the Universal show - Feels like 6 months of the year is either looking forward to, or reviewing HHN.

As a positive, the dynamic between everyone on the show seems very good.

I get there are some pretty wild stuff on the boards (i.e the entire Community forum.)

It would be nice if they came and interacted here on the boards a bit. I really appreciate that Craig does and he comes to reply to tech issues about the feed, etc. He answered my questions recently and I really respected that. Even for others to stop by once a month for a quick hello. Certainly not required, but it would be nice. It's nice that Deni has been active in the DisCon thread (though that may be part of her professional role now as well.)

During Covid John would come and start silly threads to lighten people's day and get a conversation going, all this time later, I still remember and appreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter