Not excited for trip in 2 days

Don't try to hang out with your brother and his family at the park. Way too stressful!!! They will have different needs and priorities then you due to age differences with kids. Just plan to meet up once a day.....maybe at a restaurant or by the pool, or at fireworks, etc....

Thanks everyone for the responses. I really appreciate it.

I tried linking my military vouchers, but kept getting the msg that they are "not valid ticket media". Perhaps because they are the dramatically discounted 4 day hoppers?
I'm just going to call Disney today since I have two four day hoppers per person and one 10 day ticket since military is limited to 6 discounted tickets per year. After four park entries, then we can activate the second Hopper. They can't be both on the bands at the same time because the system won't know which ticket to use.
Complicated.

The ten day ticket is for my 5 yr old & is linked to her magic band. I can only make fast pass selections for her though. So, that doesn't work.

My young girls really want to hang out with their older cousins who do enjoy being with them. I think maybe planning a morning where the cousins, my girls & I go to MK together would be good. I agree it's going to be too hard to have us together all the time.
Maybe meet up at the pool or dinner or fireworks.
I do have the dinner & preferred viewing for Rivers of Light for all of us. I'd love to do that all together.

My brother & I are linked on MDE & are sharing a MM. He sent me the code, but when I enter it, I get the msg that it's already used by another account. Does this mean I don't need to enter the code, or is this another question for my phone call today?

My hope is that once we get there, I'll be less stressed. I need to work on letting go & not getting frustrated when traveling with so many people. I just want to hang out with all of them and (sadly) maybe WDW isn't the place to do that.

My brother & I are linked on MDE & are sharing a MM. He sent me the code, but when I enter it, I get the msg that it's already used by another account. Does this mean I don't need to enter the code, or is this another question for my phone call today?
You don't need to ask about MM.

Everyone listed and linked in the two linked MDE accounts will have their photos included in the MM account that your brother manages.

You may want to consider going to the water parks during the day. We often go to the parks in the morning, water parks in the afternoon and theme parks in the evening. It makes the heat much more bearable. Sometimes it is easier to get evening fast passes as well. The water parks are fun for all ages.

You may want to consider going to the water parks during the day. We often go to the parks in the morning, water parks in the afternoon and theme parks in the evening. It makes the heat much more bearable. Sometimes it is easier to get evening fast passes as well. The water parks are fun for all ages.

This is our summer strategy and it works wonders! Keep your kids on west coast time. Trust me! Don't try and do rope drop...do late nights instead...much cooler, weather wise.

Definitely call about your tickets saying not valid. You absolutely can book 60 days in advance with the Military Salute tickets. I do every trip.

When traveling with another family, I find it easiest to just manage expectations. It won't always be sunshine and roses, but you will have so much fun overall! When traveling with my extended family, we enjoy staying together because we do not live near each other. Some small groups will break off to ride certain rides , but we always meet back up. Its so easy to do with cell phones!Hopefully everything is smooth for you guys and you have such a great trip!

You can link these tickets in your MDE account and book your FPs as soon as they are linked. Do that immediately.

The linked Confirmation number allows your FP Booking window to open... activate the tickets to enter the park.

Military Salute voucher and FP+

Agreed! I have two sets of 4 day park hopper Military Salute tickets linked as I speak. Our DIL and son are going with us--they purchased the vouchers and they linked with no problems at all.

I always feel really stressed before a trip, I think it's only natural. I think you'll have a great time, try to look at the 16 & 18 year old as a help rather than a hindrance (although I'm sure you don't anyway). I'm sure they will be really proud if you keep asking them for help and trusting them, let them look after the kids a little, let them take the kids on some rides for you, run around with at the resort and water parks. Instead of thinking of having four more people to please, think to yourself you affectively have four more adults to also help you with the little ones.

When you go with this big of a group just stay calm and do your own thing. I would also say if the heat bothers you then it may be in your best interest to leave the parks at about 1 and come back in the late afternoon. With a group that big someone else will want to do that to.

Just remember that you'll be at Disney with your family-that in itself is a really great opportunity. It's all what you make of it-FPs, ADRs, etc, in the long run aren't what counts the most at the end of the day.

debbie-downer.jpg

My thoughts, in no particular order...
  • Definitely call Disney re: the vouchers -- as others said, you should be able to book your FP 60 days out
  • Re: groups... try to balance some time together and some time SOLO -- definitely too much to keep all of those people together and happy all day long!
  • Sounds like you're taking precautions that make sense re: dealing with the heat this time. Stay hydrated, break up the day with some A/C time for sure, hotel break/pool if that's a possibility, early start, etc.
  • Perspective: if ever I feel the tiniest bit of stress around a VACATION of all things, I remind myself of how lucky we are to be able to be taking that vacation!! How many people would love to trade places with us? And I will stick with this: even a "bad" day in WDW is better than a good day just about anywhere else. :goodvibes

I agree with setting some time aside for you to do some priority things solo - maybe you and your wife trading off with the kids and she can have some solo time too. I usually come up with a few "must do's" for each trip and focus on those and not worry about the rest as much. I know it's harder with younger kids cause they have things they really want to see and do. Sometimes those trips with low expectations actually work out to be the best ones - lol! ;)

We love going with family - you will spend more time than you think. We usually spend time during meals and hang out at someone's room at night.
Did you get to link your tickets?

I agree with you. Disney is stressful and now with the shorter hours, trying to figure out how to get on everything even with some fastpasses is making the trip less fun that I would like it to be.

It's all about attitude. Simple as.

I total understand your situation. But there are a lot of things you and your familie can do together without FP and the kids will enjoy.
  • Visit the Fort Wilderness campground, it's great there, you can see the horses and some other animals
  • There is also a sing-a long and campfire with Chip and Dale at the campground
  • Enjoy your resort pool
As others said it is okay to do some things on your own, you don't have to stick together the whole day. I hope you will enjoy once you are there, because, well it is Disney time

I agree with pp definitely have MDE on your phone and look for same day FP. You will be amazed how many show up, especially if you aren't too picky on times. When traveling with a big group with different age brackets, it is always a good idea to set low expectations. I am sure you guys will want to hang out a lot, especially for dinners and at the pool. However, it can lead to disappointment if people expect to hang out 24/7 and that ends up not working. I am sure you will have a great trip. I wish I was leaving for Disney this week lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter