• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not enough beds in one bedroom suite

extremesoccermom

DIS Veteran
When I took the tour last Oct I asked my guide about another bed in the one bedroom suite but he told me I could always bring my areo bed. Has any one else asked for this or complained to DVC powers that be.
My family consists of 2 adults, DS17 and DD 12. There is no way the kids will sleep in the same bed, nor do I want them too. A 2 bedroom suite is really too big and unnescessary. Although a 1 bedroom is a good size I would love to see a fold out chair or automan like what they have in the ASMu Suites.
I really don't want to waist luggage space with an air mattress or cot.
Any suggestions or am I totally alone in this request.

Check out AKV, they will have the chairbed in the 1br's. I don't think they have the chair bed in the value category though.

Cool! So they will have the fold out sofa and the fold out chair? Looks like I will need to stop looking at SSR and check out AKV

Only the 1BRs in the new building (Kidani Village) will have the extra bathroom. Kidani Village will open in 2009. The 1BRs in the Lodge building (Jambo House) have one bathroom.

Most of the 1BRs in both buildings at AKV will have the sleeper chair in the living area and officially accommodate 5 people. The Value 1BRs are smaller and will not have the sleeper chair and accommodate 4 people.

I would like to see the 1BRs be able to sleep more than a studio in general...chairbeds at all the locations would be nice.

We don't particularly need them ourselves at this point, but if a stray relative or something tags along... :)

Does not bother me. We knew when we bought what we were buying and bought enough points to cover the beds.

As stated AKV will provide more options.

I wish that some of the one bedroom units had two queens in the bedroom instead of just one king.......

When we stayed in a one bedroom at SSR. My boys (ages 12 and 15) slept on 2 twin Aero beds (they both hate sofa beds). We just moved the coffee table and the chair out of the way and voila...instant bedroom. They loved it. They had their own TV and full use of the kitchen after I was sawing logs. :) It worked out great...we had no problems. The next morning, we just deflated and rolled them up and move the furniture back. The whole process took about 8 minutes I'd guess.

have a great time!
Esmerelda

Dead, dead, dead. This horse has been dead for a few years already. Where is that dead horse smilie that I've seen posted a few times.;)

You're not going to get two queens in the master bedroom of any existing resort. You're not going to get extra beds added to any existing resort. All because of FL regulations regarding timeshares.

Like Sammie said, I knew what I was getting when I bought my first set of DVC points 10 years ago. The room layouts are not a problem for me. I don't stay in studios - they are too small and no washer and dryer - and NO KING SIZED BED. (I need a king sized bed smilie. Any help on this Mods???)

You're not going to get two queens in the master bedroom of any existing resort. You're not going to get extra beds added to any existing resort. All because of FL regulations regarding timeshares.
I certainly agree about 1 king bed in the master. I would be more than upset if that ever changed.

However, I don't understand your point about Florida timeshare regulations as it pertains to a fold out chair in the living room.
How does it differ at AKV? :smokin:

MG

Dead, dead, dead. This horse has been dead for a few years already. Where is that dead horse smilie that I've seen posted a few times.;)

Like Sammie said, I knew what I was getting when I bought my first set of DVC points 10 years ago. The room layouts are not a problem for me. I don't stay in studios - they are too small and no washer and dryer - and NO KING SIZED BED. (I need a king sized bed smilie. Any help on this Mods???)

I wasn't trying to get flamed or say that it should happen (I said that I WISH...) I too, knew what I was getting when I bought in and usually stay in a two bedroom....

I wasn't trying to get flamed or say that it should happen (I said that I WISH...) I too, knew what I was getting when I bought in and usually stay in a two bedroom....

One doesn't have to try to get flamed. Actually, I think you just felt the warm glow of passion for a king bed. Don't muck with the king beds.

I wish that some of the one bedroom units had two queens in the bedroom instead of just one king.......

we are in the minority - most DVC's love their king bed.

most of the 1-bedroom are too small for the chair bed.

OKW definitely is not - so here is hoping that it will get one.

the law says that you can't change the layout. AKV was designed to sleep 5.

that say since this would be an upgrade I don't think Florida law would interfer.

now it would if the king was exchange for 2 queens. because that is not what our contract stated. However adding a chair bed I don't think would be a problem.

I certainly agree about 1 king bed in the master. I would be more than upset if that ever changed.

However, I don't understand your point about Florida timeshare regulations as it pertains to a fold out chair in the living room.
How does it differ at AKV? :smokin:

MG

It has to do apparently with the legal description of what you bought, which described (apparently, I'll admit, I haven't read my contract as closely as some here) the sleeping arrangements. Any significant change to how the unit is furnished is a violation of FL timeshare regs (my understanding only - and completely based on what I've read here). I agree with spiceycat, its seems possible to me that they might be able to do a pull out chair without that being significant enough, but apparently, even that's problematic.

One of the reasons we bought DVC was the guarantee of a king bed. If they ever tried to put us (or a lot of other people) in a room with two queens, first you'd hear the howling to California and back again, and second they'd be facing a lawsuit based on the POS. It's not jsut FL law, it's the law in any state they registered the POS with, which is most of the states they are allowed to market in.

That said, they could add the fold out chair in the living room if they could figure out how to squeeze it in without changing any of the already existing furniture. They could replace the chairs in the bedroom with a fold out chair, but that kind of defeats the point of having a seperate bedroom for most people.

Anne

Forgive me if I don't understand this thread. But what do parents with 2 teen or adult, children get when they stay at a non DVC Disney resort? There are only 2 beds in one room. Basically there are 2 beds, counting the sofa bed, in a DVC one bedroom, or studio. If you want 3 beds, then you book a 2 bedroom. Getting a chair/bed at AKV presents the same situation for parents with 3 teen/adult children.

Forgive me if I don't understand this thread. But what do parents with 2 teen or adult, children get when they stay at a non DVC Disney resort? There are only 2 beds in one room. Basically there are 2 beds, counting the sofa bed, in a DVC one bedroom, or studio. If you want 3 beds, then you book a 2 bedroom. Getting a chair/bed at AKV presents the same situation for parents with 3 teen/adult children.

Exactly, and it's why we get a 2 bedroom if we have anyone going along, even if it's only 3 people total. We certainly have used the sleeper sofas in the past though for kids, and it's never been an issue. For 5 people total though, a 2 bedroom is necessary.

Well, AKL and WL have bunkbeds. The other Deluxes have decent "you can sleep an adult on them" daybeds so the rooms sleep five (one of the reasons I dislike it when we compare DVC as "getting a Deluxe") - WL and AKL offer family suites that sleep more than four. Other people choose the Ft. Wildreness campgrounds. Some stay offsite. Some book two rooms at the All Stars. Some book the new family suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter