Not digging the “no carpeting” new trend

I love the hard floor trend. Wall to wall carpet is so disgusting, I can deal with area rugs since they can be sent off for a thorough cleaning or easily replaced. We recently tore up the carpet on our stairs and the amount of particulate that came out was horrifying. I can't wait until we can get rid of the carpet in the living room, too (there's just subfloor under it, so we can't tear it out until we can get someone in to install wood floors).

Okay? I’m pretty sure I get 100% of my body, even between my toes. And it gets rinsed. We have a rule with the kids, if they take a bath, they have to shower afterwards so they don’t smell like a wet dog. Their hair is never properly clean in a tub.
To each their own, though.

You have to rinse the hair with fresh water, not the stuff in the tub. That's just gross.

You have to rinse the hair with fresh water, not the stuff in the tub. That's just gross.
You mean the butt-water in the tub that people sit in, and claim to get clean with? Lol.

I do miss giving the kids bubble baths when they were little, that was so much fun. And such a mess. There was a time we could put all 3 in at the same time.

You mean the butt-water in the tub that people sit in, and claim to get clean with? Lol.

I do miss giving the kids bubble baths when they were little, that was so much fun. And such a mess. There was a time we could put all 3 in at the same time.

Yeah, those were fun. I always had a pitcher to get the fresh water from the tap to rinse my kids with. I do take baths, but not to get clean but to relax. Especially in the winter when it is really cold. Nothing like a hot bath and a book. I shower to get clean.

I'm loving this thread.

When I get to a hotel room I just rip up all the carpeting myself and wash it out in the tub. Doing that takes up most of my vacation time but the upside is that I don't have to wear slippers when I'm in the room.

Since the tub is disgusting from doing that, I just take a bar of soap to the hotel pool, jump in and get to washing all my bits.

It's a win for everyone in my opinion.

~NM

What are you smoking?

You can get just as clean with a bath as a shower. I don't ever get out of a shower without 100% of my body having been covered with soap suds, scrubbed clean with a shower pouf and/or my hands (in the nether regions), and thoroughly rinsed. I'm sorry no one ever taught you how to properly shower.
I think they’re just being argumentative. Whatever. Showers are cleaner than baths.

Ok y'all.... take the bath debate to the Community Board please.

Thank you.

All come on GADisnehyDad14! I haven't laughed so much reading a thread as this one! What a hoot and some really funny responses.
Just kidding, it does belong in Community, but is alot of fun to read.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter