Not allowing payment on room reservations?

Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
I have a friend who says he can't make a payment for his August trip, he said he was told everything is frozen and you can't do anything but cancel trips (which I knew). I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience as well and weren't being allowed to pay on their trip occuring after the opening. I was under the impression that it was just modifications and new reservations that were frozen.

For what it's worth....I am currently on hold and the recording that keeps interrupting the Small World song says that among the things they can't do is "take any payments" so maybe you can do it online but not over the phone?

For what it's worth....I am currently on hold and the recording that keeps interrupting the Small World song says that among the things they can't do is "take any payments" so maybe you can do it online but not over the phone?
He just called and got that recording. I find it odd they won’t even allow people to make payments, I wonder how long it’ll take them to sort things out.

I had two trips booked: AKL with free dining recovery for July 23 and a backup trip with fun & sun discount at Riviera starting August 24. Right now I am unable to make payments on the July trip but I can make them for August. Not sure why it is different.

I had two trips booked: AKL with free dining recovery for July 23 and a backup trip with fun & sun discount at Riviera starting August 24. Right now I am unable to make payments on the July trip but I can make them for August. Not sure why it is different.
It does seem odd, and it appears success in being able to do anything all comes down to what kind of CM you get. He called and was able to move his money from his June trip (which he obviously isn't going on, but it was paid off) to his August trip, which a previous CM told him they couldn't do. He didn't make a new reservation, they just moved the funds and he's getting a little money back (score!).

The issue with your July 23 date may be because it is within the default 30 day window for the online system.

Dave

I have a friend who says he can't make a payment for his August trip, he said he was told everything is frozen and you can't do anything but cancel trips (which I knew). I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience as well and weren't being allowed to pay on their trip occuring after the opening. I was under the impression that it was just modifications and new reservations that were frozen.
Package or room only?

i called today to cancel a reservation (early July) and move the deposit to a future trip (November) and they could not do it. system is only allowing cancellations and refunds. She said keep the reservation and call back.

i called today to cancel a reservation (early July) and move the deposit to a future trip (November) and they could not do it. system is only allowing cancellations and refunds. She said keep the reservation and call back.
My friend was able to move his yesterday afternoon, apparently the CM called on another department and they were able to move the funds over. It really depends on how hard the CM is willing to work, the first CM he talked to last week wouldn't do anything and told him he just couldn't pay. He said never even tried. CM yesterday was bending over backwards to see if they could do something for him. He could have always just cancelled and held on to the money he got back until he could make a payment again, but this was much easier for him.

My friend was able to move his yesterday afternoon, apparently the CM called on another department and they were able to move the funds over. It really depends on how hard the CM is willing to work, the first CM he talked to last week wouldn't do anything and told him he just couldn't pay. He said never even tried. CM yesterday was bending over backwards to see if they could do something for him. He could have always just cancelled and held on to the money he got back until he could make a payment again, but this was much easier for him.
i figured that was the case but wasn't going to push. I'll wait a week and try again. usually they need to go through guest services to transfer the deposits. that's what I've been doing since this started so I have quite the deposit to transfer which might make it more difficult. Hopefully by the middle of June they will have this figured out.

i figured that was the case but wasn't going to push. I'll wait a week and try again. usually they need to go through guest services to transfer the deposits. that's what I've been doing since this started so I have quite the deposit to transfer which might make it more difficult. Hopefully by the middle of June they will have this figured out.
I hope they have it figured out in the next couple of weeks, at least for the sake of all the people with reservations starting around opening. My August trip has been moved multiple times now and I don't owe much at this point with all the different room discount differences, same with my trip I rescheduled from July to November right after they announced the date. I just keep moving the money around, changing rooms, I'm not even sure what I owe anymore lol (it is room only since I'm AP, so I don't have to pay until arrival, but I know it's frustrating for those that have to pay in advance of the trip).

Did you make the payment online for your August trip? I cannot find anything about my balance or making a payment on MDE.

Do you think it has anything to do with making a payment for the hotel that may not reopen by trip time?

It’s possible things changed between last week and this week. Perhaps the CM he spoke with last week wasn’t able to do anything, because there wasn’t anything they could do even if they spoke to another department.

I have a September trip, 2 reservations because I had free dining and couldn't get the whole length of the trip with the promo. So, my 7 night package with tickets will allow me to pay and shows my balance. My 3 nights by themselves doesn't even show that I owe anything on it. I am not sure what the deal is with that, because I only put a deposit down.

I hope they have it figured out in the next couple of weeks, at least for the sake of all the people with reservations starting around opening. My August trip has been moved multiple times now and I don't owe much at this point with all the different room discount differences, same with my trip I rescheduled from July to November right after they announced the date. I just keep moving the money around, changing rooms, I'm not even sure what I owe anymore lol (it is room only since I'm AP, so I don't have to pay until arrival, but I know it's frustrating for those that have to pay in advance of the trip).

I am in the same boat, I think I had 4 different reservations for this year. I can still see two on the app, not clear what I owe and what they owe me in returns for cancelations. I am scheduled Jun 28-July 4, but waiting on them to release more information before I cancel since I did receive an email about the 35% discount--but have no idea which reservation they attached it to :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter