• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not afraid to dine alone šŸ“in WDW. Suggestions please.

James and Jolene

Earning My Ears
Iā€™m a solo female staying in November for the F&WF but would like to treat myself to a fabulous sit down meal. Being a part time bartender Iā€™m bit of an extrovert and feel very comfortable dining alone. Can anyone share their favorite restaurant where they've felt the meal was more of an elevated, adult experience (not character dining)? Great cocktails would be a bonus. Not breaking the budget would also be a bonus lol.

Staying at Caribbean so will be skylining if thatā€™s something to consider. Thanks in advance everyone.

Not sure the location will work, but I experienced (pre-Covid) the chef preparation table to Jiko, at AKL-Jambo house. It was an amazing experience. But to be honest, I'm not sure how to request such a seat post-Covid. Perhaps (if you're interested), you could contact the restaurant and ask. The food, the interactions with the chefs/guests - all a tremendous experience in one of the most beautiful restaurants on WDW property. Probably not helping much - but maybe something to consider. Like I said, it was a great solo experience just a few years ago. Enjoy your trip!

I had a fabulous dinner at Monsieur Paul, but I donā€™t think Iā€™d feel comfortable recommending a dinner thatā€˜s so expensive. If money is no object for a splurge, then I do say go for it

I havenā€™t had dinner there, just brunch, but Homecoming was wonderful. Toledo was delicious, too, and I adored 3 Bridges (but that is more casual dining; no characters, though, and itā€™s overlooking a lake).

I have other restaurants Iā€™m trying in May (Flying Fish, Narcooseeā€™s, Rosa Mexicano, Steakhouse 71) so I will post about those when I return; that may help you

I prefer Lounge options when dining solo:

Steakhouse 71, eating at their well-lit bar is a nice option (lunch is better food/same $ compared to many of the TS in MK). Plenty of tables for two

geyser point, especially if you want to dine laterā€¦can catch the water parade

tambu lounge, can grab many of Oā€™hanaā€™s specialities

Homecoming if you like fried chicken, drinks are good, easier to grab a seat at the bar as walk up

The Boathouse, best seafood onsite IMO. lovely outdoor tables on dock & again, small bar - bit too small for my comfort to eat there Tho

Grab an uber & head to the Millerā€™s (winter garland Vineland road, minutes from DS). Great place to mingle with the locals at the bar.

JMHO:
MK - Jungle Navigation Skipper's Canteen - lots of banter with the "Skippers", good food and relatively good price
AK - Yak & Yeti - Good food with an Asian flair - relatively good price - great atmosphere
AKL - Boma - VERY good buffet with African dishes and more traditional options within a beautiful resort. Price - Meh...but it's a great buffet.

They're my 3 top picks. I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions...all of them equally valid. Have a great trip.

Worked in Orlando and surrounding areas for a long summer when I converted an account. Stayed at Disney Springs a bunch. My favorite solo meal was Morimoto at the sushi bar. Also loved sitting at the bar at STK.

Not sure the location will work, but I experienced (pre-Covid) the chef preparation table to Jiko, at AKL-Jambo house. It was an amazing experience. But to be honest, I'm not sure how to request such a seat post-Covid. Perhaps (if you're interested), you could contact the restaurant and ask. The food, the interactions with the chefs/guests - all a tremendous experience in one of the most beautiful restaurants on WDW property. Probably not helping much - but maybe something to consider. Like I said, it was a great solo experience just a few years ago. Enjoy your trip!
Jiko is definitely on my bucket list. Iā€™ve never eaten there and love Boma.
I had a fabulous dinner at Monsieur Paul, but I donā€™t think Iā€™d feel comfortable recommending a dinner thatā€˜s so expensive. If money is no object for a splurge, then I do say go for it

I havenā€™t had dinner there, just brunch, but Homecoming was wonderful. Toledo was delicious, too, and I adored 3 Bridges (but that is more casual dining; no characters, though, and itā€™s overlooking a lake).

I have other restaurants Iā€™m trying in May (Flying Fish, Narcooseeā€™s, Rosa Mexicano, Steakhouse 71) so I will post about those when I return; that may help you
Iā€™ve tried Monsieur Paulā€™s before and liked it but didnā€™t love it. I am open to trying it again. Thank you šŸ™‚

The beauty of dining along: you can go WHEREVER YOU WANT!

Elevated adult experience with fabu cocktails and not breaking the bank = Todedo - Tapas, Steak & Seafood. The Dahlia Lounge is the sexiest spot in the World. You won't be sorry.
Where is this?? Sounds exactly what Iā€™m looking for šŸ’™

I prefer Lounge options when dining solo:

Steakhouse 71, eating at their well-lit bar is a nice option (lunch is better food/same $ compared to many of the TS in MK). Plenty of tables for two

geyser point, especially if you want to dine laterā€¦can catch the water parade

tambu lounge, can grab many of Oā€™hanaā€™s specialities

Homecoming if you like fried chicken, drinks are good, easier to grab a seat at the bar as walk up

The Boathouse, best seafood onsite IMO. lovely outdoor tables on dock & again, small bar - bit too small for my comfort to eat there Tho

Grab an uber & head to the Millerā€™s (winter garland Vineland road, minutes from DS). Great place to mingle with the locals at the bar.
Thank you!!!!! I appreciate all of these suggestions. Time to research so e menus lol

Im going to add in Bluezoo over at the Swan and Dolphin. Great lounge and food has been consistently good. The lounge at Citricos might be worth a look as well.

Iā€™ve tried Monsieur Paulā€™s before and liked it but didnā€™t love it. I am open to trying it again. Thank you šŸ™‚
Itā€™s not the same MP - itā€™s a prix fixe, and itā€™s a very special meal. Check out the menu ...

MP is now a prix fixe with choices. I've read fabulous reviews, it looks like a lovely experience.

Flying Fish is far and away my favorite on-property restaurant for the food, and Iā€™ve eaten there solo several times. The Boardwalk area is very pleasant, and the adjacent Abra Cadada bar is also fun and cool. However, Flying Fish is not cheap so check the prices to see if they suit you.

The choices others have mentioned above are also enjoyable. Another option not mentioned is California Grill. Itā€™s in an iconic location on top of the Contemporary and a great experience; try to time your reservation so as to enjoy the view of the fireworks from the viewing platform. As a single, you probably wonā€™t be seated at a window table, though, because if I recall correctly, those are all four-tops and the two-tops are not directly next to the windows.

Although I ate several years ago at a restaurant in the Monsieur Paul space, which might have been been Bistro de Paris at the time, and was disappointed. However, based on the comments above, the restaurant may have been reimagined and be much better now. Worth some additional checking if that option interests you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter