Not able to book a single hotel for January 13 - 22ish?!?!

13 - 22 January, CBR would be great, or any value. I tried way more but those were the ones I was interested in. Thank you!!
I just checked and Caribbean Beach does come up for your dates. Multiple room types including standard. Since you can't get it to work, I recommend calling Disney now to book it. Standard is $182 per night.

I was just able to do it again for Jan 13th - 22nd. It works. Which resorts are you looking for, and which exact dates? I'll be happy to check for you.

I was looking at June 9-16 3 adults, 2 kids 15 and 12. Any moderate resort, standard room.
Also September 1-8 2 adults 2 kids 15 and 12. POP or any all star, standard room.

I was looking at June 9-16 3 adults, 2 kids 15 and 12. Any moderate resort, standard room.
Also September 1-8 2 adults 2 kids 15 and 12. POP or any all star, standard room.
June 9th - 16, 2018:
  • Port Orleans Riverside standard room is $236 per night.
  • Port Orleans French Quarter standard is $236 per night.
  • Caribbean Beach standard is $208.
  • Coronado Springs standard is $214.
September 1 - 8, 2017:
  • Port Orleans Riverside standard $212
  • Port Orleans French Quarter standard $212
  • Caribbean Beach standard $198
  • Coronado Springs standard $198
There were discount offers for September, but I only checked rack rate.

I know you just booked offsite, but here's an fyi to you & others who might be reading this with a similar problem. The WDW website is currently glitchy, & here's the fix:

When you've put in your dates & clicked on a specific resort and see no availability, then you should click "Package". Like magic, prices will come up. If you don't want a package, then click "Room", and the nightly room prices will show up. It works. I just did it for your dates, January 13th - 22nd. Plenty of availability.

I just tried this and it didn't work for me, either :(

Looking for Oct 25-27th 2018 for Port Orleans Riverside, 2 adults 2 kids (10&7). I'm in Canada and they have also taken away our toll free number to call WDW to book so if I call I'll be on hold forever and it'll cost me :sad2:

Looking for Oct 25-27th 2018 for Port Orleans Riverside, 2 adults 2 kids (10&7). I'm in Canada and they have also taken away our toll free number to call WDW to book so if I call I'll be on hold forever and it'll cost me :sad2:

I had been searching for dates also and found the same thing. Tried it using multiple browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox -- clearing caches and cookies) on different computers, etc... and through my phone browser. Tried testing different random dates, stay lengths, and resorts (just to see if anything worked) and literally everything would come back as unavailable (doing the switch trick between package and room only didn't work for me.) Even when I'd select "change reservation" on my current reservation it wouldn't navigate to the change screen.

I wound up calling yesterday and was able to change my dates with no problem. I'm also in Canada so I was relieved when the wait time on the call was only 4 minutes. I mentioned to the CM that I was having issues with the website and MDE and she said that many of the callers she'd spoken in the past few days had been experiencing the same issues with the website search.

Port Orleans Riverside 10/25/18 - 10/27/18:
  • Standard room $251 per night
  • Garden view $256
  • Pool view $279
  • Preferred room $297
  • King bed unavailable
  • River view $316
  • Royal standard view $317
  • Royal river view $323
  • Royal garden view $323
  • Royal pool view $323

Last edited:
... Even when I'd select "change reservation" on my current reservation it wouldn't navigate to the change screen.

I've only been able to change reservation once since they started that (2 years ago??) - probably a dozen reservations in that time. Other than once, I always just get the same screen re-loaded (list of all reservations). I've tried all 3 browsers I have, cleared cookies, etc. Very frustrating, especially when every other hotel chain in the world (that I know of at least) lets you change so easily online.

I've been trying to help a friend who is trying to book in December on a week that all the crowd calendars have labeled as low crowd and nothing was coming up. We couldn't figure it out. This is helpful. Thank you!

I also was checking for 2 nights the first week of Dec. and for 7 different hotels not a single room! I will try calling today. Thank you.

I've been trying to book online as well. I finally figured out how to find available rooms, but now I can't get through the booking process online. It just keeps taking me to a blank page. Ugh! And I don't want to call to book because they always mess up names and family members. So frustrating.

June 9th - 16, 2018:
  • Port Orleans Riverside standard room is $236 per night.
  • Port Orleans French Quarter standard is $236 per night.
  • Caribbean Beach standard is $208.
  • Coronado Springs standard is $214.
September 1 - 8, 2017:
  • Port Orleans Riverside standard $212
  • Port Orleans French Quarter standard $212
  • Caribbean Beach standard $198
  • Coronado Springs standard $198
There were discount offers for September, but I only checked rack rate.

Thank you!!

Port Orleans Riverside 10/25/18 - 10/27/18:
  • Standard room $251 per night
  • Garden view $256
  • Pool view $279
  • Preferred room $297
  • King bed unavailable
  • River view $316
  • Royal standard view $317
  • Royal river view $323
  • Royal garden view $323
  • Royal pool view $323

Thanks Shanti! Now if I at least call in I have some prices to quote!! Thanks again!

Yay, success! I tried the room-package-room trick again and this time it worked and I was actually able to book!

I've been trying to help a friend who is trying to book in December on a week that all the crowd calendars have labeled as low crowd...
There are no longer any low crowd weeks in December. So that might be adding to the problem. The "secret first week" of December is no longer a secret. It will be packed this year.

There are no longer any low crowd weeks in December. So that might be adding to the problem. The "secret first week" of December is no longer a secret. It will be packed this year.

Nope, it was definitely a glitch in the computer system. She was able to get it worked out. There's no way that Disney was booked at 100% capacity the first week of December. It may be more crowded than it used to be but it's not at capacity.

Nope, it was definitely a glitch in the computer system. She was able to get it worked out. There's no way that Disney was booked at 100% capacity the first week of December. It may be more crowded than it used to be but it's not at capacity.
I said "that might be adding to the problem", not that it was the only problem.

Thank you SO much for the help!!! It was very frustrating and time consuming having to constantly check for rooms every day!!! They need some better programmers at Disney. :P

Thank you SO much for the help!!! It was very frustrating and time consuming having to constantly check for rooms every day!!! They need some better programmers at Disney. :P
Just wait until they launch their Netflix replacement and after clicking on a movie to watch, you will have to choose the audio language, then choose the small "watch now" or "watch later" :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter