NOT a review: CA Grill Omakase

marshwiggle

Mouseketeer
Here's a rough idea of what to expect at the new-ish chef's counter/omakase offering at CA Grill. Just the pics for now; I do have a few uninteresting thoughts/more info but I'll add them later in another post.

Menu:
p6w5.jpg

Complimentary pour of this flavored sparkling sake, infused with rosehips and hibiscus:
jd0i.jpg

Spiced pork pot sticker in dashi, rice noodles, & wakame:
[with some chili oil made from sriracha]
1gv1.jpg

Amaebi tempura, warm rice cake, micro wasabi, ponzu sauce:
wvwa.jpg

4v2n.jpg

Tuna toro nigiri w/ signature soy glaze:
[otoro from bluefin tuna (DisneyNature obviously not consulted on this); freshly grated wasabi on top (paste is provided tableside)]
tch9.jpg

Salmon "crudo" with subarashii pears, soy pearls, citrus & cucumber bloom:
kufk.jpg

lozc.jpg

Edamame with togarashi, bonito flakes & citrus zest:
33fq.jpg

"Legs and Eggs" ME lobster leg meat with tobiko & wasabi cream:
p3t3.jpg

Squid salad:
[can't remember/read my notes: julienned smoked? squid, lobster claw/knuckle meat, spiced teriyaki sauce, ginger, scallion?]
f4pi.jpg

Tako nigiri with eel sauce:
2ubm.jpg

Crunchy bone marrow, sesame wagyu beef tartare, red onion marmalade:
[same jam as duck in all its glory, mango in the tartare]
cx8e.jpg

iwux.jpg

Tuna tempura Malibu with sesame dressing:
[jicama, halibut, spiced sesame sauce; I think this used to be on the regular CA Grill menu, except here it's toro]
3qzj.jpg

p1ge.jpg

[No pic of the oysters; 3? EC oysters; a bit like Rockefeller w/ panko, mango, ginger]

"Surf & Turf" seared wagyu beef roll with lobster, eringi mushrooms, wasabi tobiko aioli:
23l2.jpg

w6x1.jpg

Mango & coconut rice pudding with hibiscus syrup:
ivza.jpg

uj05.jpg

WOW! Thanks for sharing these pictures. This is on the top of our "to do" list. I'm interested in your thoughts when you have time to post.

Your menu is identical to mine that I had yesterday evening & am in the middle of reviewing on my trip report.

It seems they gave you smaller portions but that is probably a smarter idea.

Your menu is identical to mine that I had yesterday evening & am in the middle of reviewing on my trip report.

It seems they gave you smaller portions but that is probably a smarter idea.

Hrmph, it's surprising that the menus would be the same. When I was there a few weeks earlier than you, they said it was already the 3rd iteration since opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter