• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not a Parade Viewer - Which Area of MK While Waiting It Out?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
We not parade viewers - Which area of MK can be maximized during the parade? We often get sequestered into one of the lands and can't bypass the parade. Which is the best land to be in while you wait out the duration of the parade - are there shorter ride lines?? Thanks

Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are the places least affected by the parade.
MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

As Robo noted Fantasyland & Tomorrowland, which are basically everything to your right of Main street (as you walk into the park). Also, the area around Pirates / Jungle Cruise is not too bad.

We use the time while the parades are going on to ride additional rides or do character M&Gs. I would recommend using that time to hit the popular rides that have long wait times, like Peter Pan or 7DMT.

We not parade viewers - Which area of MK can be maximized during the parade? We often get sequestered into one of the lands and can't bypass the parade. Which is the best land to be in while you wait out the duration of the parade - are there shorter ride lines?? Thanks
I'd stay on the Fantasyland/Tommorland side. There's much more to do and you're more out of the way of the parade.

In November I did several laps on Big Thunder while the parade went by. If you're a big BTMRR fan, it can be a good time. That said, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland will have more options and be easier to navigate.

I'd stay in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland too - or stay in Adventureland until after the parade is over.

Great time to do rides with smaller lines (not small lines, but smaller...) lol!

We like to do Big Thunder and Splash Mountain over and over during the parades!

Yep, that's where I would be. I am not a parade person either. Just realize that after the parade, you might be facing an "uphill" battle with people leaving the parade and going for the attractions. I would get on the raft and go across to Tom Sawyer's Island.

I just remember a time when my husband and I were attempting to get away from the parade route and people just stopped in front of us so they could get a place to watch. I tried to excuse myself and get around them but they were deaf to me as they had to see the parade. I said, very loudly, "I am just trying to get away from the parade route but you are stopping me" and then lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "you are in the happiest place on earth so just chill". I replied that I would if I could continue to move down the sidewalk so I could get away from the parade people so more could stop but I couldn't. She then tapped the people in front of me on the shoulder and said, quite gruffly, "let these people pass!".

So now I avoid parade routes whenever possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter