Not a huge deal, but something to be aware of starting in May 2023. EU requiring EITAS "visas" to visit any EU countries. It's an online process.

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
As the title says, starting May of 2023, the EU will be requiring what they are calling EITAS "visas" (European Travel Information and Authorization System) to non-EU travelers entering EU countries. It's not really expensive - €7 ($7.35) - nor are they as hard to get as "normal" visas, but it's one more thing to be aware of and have to take care of before heading to most of Europe. Oh, and it's good for 3 years and an unlimited number of entries.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/...uNtzM-6c4WJUuWiOQ-Tjp33xBjRueRBe6HDRqtigPE1xA

Sayhello

Let's hope it is better than ESTA to get into the US. I get approval automatically after filling in the form and paying for it, regardless if my details are correct. It is only at the airport at check in I discover whether or not I have filled in my details correctly.

No surprise, I hadn't on my last trip to the US. The amount of stress that gives at the desk to fill in everything again, pay for it again, and then wait 30-60 minutes to see if I got approved this time...

Let's hope it is better than ESTA to get into the US. I get approval automatically after filling in the form and paying for it, regardless if my details are correct. It is only at the airport at check in I discover whether or not I have filled in my details correctly.

No surprise, I hadn't on my last trip to the US. The amount of stress that gives at the desk to fill in everything again, pay for it again, and then wait 30-60 minutes to see if I got approved this time...
I'm really nervous, because apparently it goes into effect less than 2 weeks before my trip to Portugal. I'm hoping for a smooth implementation, but I'm not actually all that hopeful.

Sayhello

I'm really nervous, because apparently it goes into effect less than 2 weeks before my trip to Portugal. I'm hoping for a smooth implementation, but I'm not actually all that hopeful.

Sayhello
I had something similar when I went to Shanghai in 2017. China had implemented a rule on how you could stay in China for 6 days, without needing a visa. This was also short before I left. I printed every paper from the government website and the airline explaining the rule.
The agent at check in didn't know about the rule, called her manager, he didnt know. In the end it took them 20 minutes before the manager decided to let me go on the flight.

So that is the least you can do, I think.

Sayhello
This has been delayed a few times before. So, hopefully, if they don't have their stuff together, they'll delay it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter