Nosebleeds on Cruise

Something Original

Earning My Ears
Hi. I recently went on the Fantasy and had trouble with nosebleeds. I normally don't have frequent nosebleeds and I didn't know what to do when I got them. I never got them on the ship though. Only when we were off the ship is when I would get them. Does it have to do with the weather? It was Dec. so idk if that affects it. Does this happen to anybody else? Even if it doesn't, do you have any advice? Thank you :)

The best way to stop a nosebleed is to pinch your nostrils together for a few minutes. As one who used to get frequent nosebleeds I can vouch for it's effectiveness. Dry air can definitely be a factor. Your nasal membranes get dried out and are more fragile.

The best way to stop a nosebleed is to pinch your nostrils together for a few minutes. As one who used to get frequent nosebleeds I can vouch for it's effectiveness. Dry air can definitely be a factor. Your nasal membranes get dried out and are more fragile.
Is there any way to prevent them?

I worked at a camp in the high desert. Lots of nosebleeds. Preventative was vasoline on a qtip. Very effective.

I agree with the dry air. Weird I get dry eyelids on the ship, really flaky. Started taking cream to prevent this, very itchy when it it happens.

Vaseline on a q-tip slipped inside the nostril — that’s what my DD’s pediatrician recommends as preventive. It could be dry air, or possibly an allergen you don’t get exposed to at home.

Enjoy your cruise!

Did you happen to have much higher doses of caffeine than usual? My husband will get 30 minute nose bleeds if hitting the caffeine to heavy. We've had a few trips to the ER.

I also think its easier to get dehydrated on a cruise, salty food, alcohol, caffeine and probably less water consumption. This can dry out your nasal membranes, combined with dry/sterile air and I can see where it would happen. In addition to what others have said, drink water, I try for one full glass of water for every alcoholic beverage I drink ;).

Humidity. Drinking something hot frequently, and inhaling the steam helps. '

Drink more (water) generally (lots of liquid in the body).

Ask your doctor for recommendation of lotions/oils to use inside your nose.
So should I bring a travel mug to keep some tea or coffee warm for me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter