Norway Price Change - From 2/5's Podcast

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I just listened to Feb. 5's podcast and couldn't get over the Norway price changes. Charging $30-31 for a lunch is absolutely absurd. I am hoping that people will take a clue and not visit and/or refuse the photo package.

We rarely buy the photo packages from the other restaurants and wouldn't want to pay here either.

A couple of questions to consider though.....

- How would this pan out on the new DDP's?

- Being that guests are being forced to accept the photo packages, do they also have the right for the pictures to be re-taken if they are dissatisfied?

I just listened to Feb. 5's podcast and couldn't get over the Norway price changes. Charging $30-31 for a lunch is absolutely absurd. I am hoping that people will take a clue and not visit and/or refuse the photo package.

We rarely buy the photo packages from the other restaurants and wouldn't want to pay here either.

A couple of questions to consider though.....

- How would this pan out on the new DDP's?

- Being that guests are being forced to accept the photo packages, do they also have the right for the pictures to be re-taken if they are dissatisfied?

Thanks for asking this. We love this place and were/are planning on doing it again this Sept, but may not depending on how these questions end up being answered. We'll be doing bounce back free dining and I don't want to use 2 TS credits.

I think in general all character dining has become a scam. We did (and usually do) several on ourlast trip and I could not believe the prices

Wild I think these types of dining are great, the mouse has gotten greedy

I don't if it necessarily affects all character dining experiences, as of right now. Below is a list of all the character dining meals offered with the exception of that at the Swan and any dinner show meals.

While creating this list, I noticed that the meals at Cindy's includes the cost of the pictures. I have yet to experience this as our flight was delayed the day we were to eat there, but the price is not as high as Akershush will be. I also was struck at how high the meal prices are there and would like to hear Disney's answer as to why. We all know that you are paying and going to Cindy's for the experience of dining inside "the" castle, but that, IMHO, does not necessarily justify a $40 buffet cost. Looking at the lunch and dinner menus, you select an appetizer, entree, and dessert for both meals. The options are very similar for them as well. I really think these prices are astronomical and should be lowered. Akershush will be the second highest and, once again, unjustified.

One side note....

I find it somewhat ironic that the cheapest character meal on property is at a non-Disney owned hotel, the Swan. They hold it only on the weekends and charge $16.95 for adults and $8.50 for children. It seems that this might be a great alternative for those on a budget.

Hollywood & Vine Breakfast - $22.99 Adult; $12.99 Child
Hollywood & Vine Lunch - $23.99; $13.99
Hollywood & Vine Dinner - $24.99; $12.99
Akershush Princess Breakfast Buffet (Current Prices) - $22.99; $12.99
Akershush Princess Lunch Buffet (Current Prices) - $24.99; $13.99
Akershush Princess Dinner Buffet (Current Prices) - $29.99; $14.99
Cinderella Once Upon a Time Breakfast - $33.99; $22.99
Cinderella Fairytale Lunch - $35.99; $23.99
Cinderella Royal Dinner - $40.99; $27.99
Crystal Palace Breakfast Buffet - $18.99; $10.99
Crystal Palace Lunch Buffet - $20.99; $11.99
Crystal Palace Dinner Buffet - $27.99; $12.99
Cape May Character Breakfast - $18.99; $10.99
Chef Mickey's Breakfast Buffet - $22.99; $12.99
Chef Mickey's Dinner Buffet - $29.99; $14.99
1900 Park Fair Breakfast Buffet - $18.99; $10.99
1900 Park Fair Dinner Buffet - $29.99; $14.99
O'hana Breakfast - $18.99; $10.99
Garden Grill Lunch - $20.99; $11.99
Garden Grill Dinner - $28.99; $13.99
Tusker House Breakfast - $18.99; $10.99
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - $28.99; $13.99

The list has left off the Tusker House breakfast. Outside of holiday/peak pricing periods it costs $18.99 for 10 and up, $10.99 for 3-9.

WDW has found with CRT that princess meals can be sold for a premium. I get it with CRT - it's the whole castle thing. It'll be interesting to see if they can do the same at Akershus. The folks reading here may think the prices are unjustified. It's possible, however, that even at those prices the restaurants will still be full if enough people want to pay the cost for the experience. Few guests dine at either place for the food.

I don't believe Cinderella's dinner is a buffet. It is, however, a fixed-price set menu meal.

Although Akershus is raising its price, the word is that it is still 1 credit on the dining plan. No indication yet from Disney that they'll change this. (I would assume it would become 2 credits in 2009 if not before that).

do you think if they leave it as 1 ts Disney my be hoping more people use the Dpp?

It seems Disney is trying to push the DSP more and more

Thanks for including Tusker House. I don't know how I missed that! ;)

While I recognize that the prices, do have to do with the atmosphere of CRT, it's still hard to justify $40.99 for dinner (yes, a fixed menu --- you select appie, entree, dessert, etc.) especially when compared with the cheaper price of breakfast. I just do not see much of a difference.

While I recognize that the prices, do have to do with the atmosphere of CRT, it's still hard to justify $40.99 for dinner (yes, a fixed menu --- you select appie, entree, dessert, etc.) especially when compared with the cheaper price of breakfast. I just do not see much of a difference.
But don't forget, it is the only character one that does include tax and tip, like the dinner shows.

I don't if it necessarily affects all character dining experiences, as of right now. Below is a list of all the character dining meals offered with the exception of that at the Swan and any dinner show meals...

Hollywood & Vine Breakfast - $22.99 Adult; $12.99 Child
Hollywood & Vine Lunch - $23.99; $13.99
Hollywood & Vine Dinner - $24.99; $12.99
Akershush Princess Breakfast Buffet (Current Prices) - $22.99; $12.99
Akershush Princess Lunch Buffet (Current Prices) - $24.99; $13.99
Akershush Princess Dinner Buffet (Current Prices) - $29.99; $14.99
Cinderella Once Upon a Time Breakfast - $33.99; $22.99
Cinderella Fairytale Lunch - $35.99; $23.99
Cinderella Royal Dinner - $40.99; $27.99
Crystal Palace Breakfast Buffet - $18.99; $10.99
Crystal Palace Lunch Buffet - $20.99; $11.99
Crystal Palace Dinner Buffet - $27.99; $12.99
Cape May Character Breakfast - $18.99; $10.99
Chef Mickey's Breakfast Buffet - $22.99; $12.99
Chef Mickey's Dinner Buffet - $29.99; $14.99
1900 Park Fair Breakfast Buffet - $18.99; $10.99
1900 Park Fair Dinner Buffet - $29.99; $14.99
O'hana Breakfast - $18.99; $10.99

Also, don't forget:

Garden Grill Restaurant (our favorite on our last trip) and
Liberty Tree Tavern

Good point, Melissa, but does it really make the price worth it? I'm having a hard time thinking so.

Anybody think that $40.99 is a good price?

Good point, Melissa, but does it really make the price worth it? I'm having a hard time thinking so.

Anybody think that $40.99 is a good price?
I personally haven't been to CRT, so I don't know. If you take out the tax and the tip, it makes the meal around $32.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter