Nooks and crannies at Magic Kingdom

Little_Mouse

Earning My Ears
I haven't been able to find a nice, shady secret nook and cranny to escape the crowds at Magic Kingdom except for on Tom Sawyers Island. Has anybody else found any?

Is that path behind tomorrowland speedway shaded? I haven't actually been back there so not sure how many trees or benches are back there if any.

Is that path behind tomorrowland speedway shaded? I haven't actually been back there so not sure how many trees or benches are back there if any.

Just looked at a map of Magic Kingdom, I'm not sure I've ever been on that path.

Just looked at a map of Magic Kingdom, I'm not sure I've ever been on that path.

It seems pretty hidden. I didn't even know it was there until recently. If there are benches along the path it could be a nice place to get away from most of the crowds

Not quiet (unless the railroad is under refurb, which it was when I used this spot), but under the railroad trestle in Frontierland is very shady. the only people really going through there are people getting in line for Splash Mountain or heading the bathrooms.

My son napped about 90 minutes under there when he was 2 in 80-90 degree weather in early October.

Thanks, I will have to explore the path next time we are there and check out the area under the railroad.

I've found that the seating by Sleepy Hollow is often shaded & not crowded. I sat there mid-day in June with very few people around me!

I've found that the seating by Sleepy Hollow is often shaded & not crowded. I sat there mid-day in June with very few people around me!

Bit off topic but I was wondering what Sleepy Hollow is, looked it up and I can't believe we have never eaten there. Looks awesome! On the list for December and ty

Last edited:
Don't know if this qualifies as a nook, but Columbia Harbour House has a second floor which is usually uncrowded (except during peak mealtimes). I've used it once to take a work conference call (I know, what a bummer.)

Also surprisingly, there's a pathway around the outside of the castle which tends to be a little quieter than most spots at MK.

Don't know if this qualifies as a nook, but Columbia Harbour House has a second floor which is usually uncrowded (except during peak mealtimes). I've used it once to take a work conference call (I know, what a bummer.)

Also surprisingly, there's a pathway around the outside of the castle which tends to be a little quieter than most spots at MK.

Good one. Kinda crazy how busy the park can be but you go up to that second floor and yeah, nobody up there.

This only woks if you have little ones but when my son was still in diapers I loved taking a break in the child care center.

Bit off topic but I was wondering what Sleepy Hollow is, looked it up and I can't believe we have never eaten there. Looks awesome! On the list for December and ty

It's quite the gem. I've also walked by it a ton of times before getting anything there. They have the giant cookie ice cream sandwiches which are amazing. People also seem to rave about both the Nutella & fruit waffle and the chicken waffle. I haven't tried either of them yet, but they look great.

Upstairs from Pinocchio Haus is nice, shady (most times of the day) and quiet. Most people don't even know it's there. You have to be outside on the balcony for the peace and quiet to get the full effect-the upstairs inside of PH is equally as loud as the rest of PH. Also, the path that goes behind Barn Stormer near the train depot over into Tomorrow land is nice and doesn't have many travelers. There are a few shady spots depending on the time of day. Another quiet spot I noticed the last time we were there is the path that exits left of Crystal Palace towards the first aid area - it was nice and quiet at the time we were there.

It might be not crowded, but if you get food (which is what the seated area is for - people who have bought food at the CS station there) beware of the birds and squirrels!

Isn't that speedway path area where they're going to put the Tron ride?
On the other side of the train tracks, so the area you can't access now anyways
I wouldn't use the path between Tomorrowland and storybook circus just because it's only 1 of 2 smoking sections in the park and it's always filled with people smoking.
I mean if smoking doesn't bother you then it's fine, there are no benches other than a small group clustered around the garbage ashtrays

by the carpets, in between the little bazaar place and the sun glass store are some stone seats, its usually pretty quiet there

Off of Main Street, where the silhouette artist is located. It is quiet there, should be shaded by the buildings at times. There were tables and chairs there, maybe not anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter