Nonfat Greek yogurt?

mareed

DIS Veteran
Do they have nonfat Greek yogurt onboard? Is it maybe something that you can specially request that they have onboard for you like I've heard they do for things like almond or coconut milk?

I could be wrong, but I think the special things they'll order specifically for people are necessitated by allergies and medical needs. If they have it already, I'm happy for you.

Yeah, I'd say this would be a preference rather than medical need. It's for my friend/roomie and apparently it's a Weight Watcher's thing. I have absolutely no experience myself but remembered seeing something that might be similar here.

Yeah, I'd say this would be a preference rather than medical need. It's for my friend/roomie and apparently it's a Weight Watcher's thing. I have absolutely no experience myself but remembered seeing something that might be similar here.

It is a WW “thing”only in that plain non-fat Greek yogurt is 0 points.

I am Lifetime on WW and personally do not track on vacations. I monitor what I eat, but I do not deprive myself. After a week at WDW where I followed this, I was only up 0.6 at my weigh-in when I got back. So it is definitely possible to do it without tracking and without obsessing over 0-point foods.

I know there's yogurt, but I wouldn't count on non-fat Greek. There is cottage cheese if that works as a substitute. If it's really that important to your friend, s/he can pack it in a cooler and carry it on board. Be careful of the fridges, though. They may not be super cold.

It is a WW “thing”only in that plain non-fat Greek yogurt is 0 points.

I am Lifetime on WW and personally do not track on vacations. I monitor what I eat, but I do not deprive myself. After a week at WDW where I followed this, I was only up 0.6 at my weigh-in when I got back. So it is definitely possible to do it without tracking and without obsessing over 0-point foods.

I didn't mean to indicate by "thing" that it was one of those "only eat one food" types of diets. :) I'm not up on the WW terminology, and I'm sure she probably mentioned that it's 0 points. We've cruised together before and she has managed fine and I'm sure she will this time too!

If only I could convince her that it's OK to order something to try and not finish it while on a cruise! ;) She's a member of the "clean-plate" club which is the complete opposite of my "order anything that sounds good and don't feel bad if you only take 1 bite" philosophy.

I didn't mean to indicate by "thing" that it was one of those "only eat one food" types of diets. :) I'm not up on the WW terminology, and I'm sure she probably mentioned that it's 0 points. We've cruised together before and she has managed fine and I'm sure she will this time too!

If only I could convince her that it's OK to order something to try and not finish it while on a cruise! ;) She's a member of the "clean-plate" club which is the complete opposite of my "order anything that sounds good and don't feel bad if you only take 1 bite" philosophy.

It’s all good. :)

I used to be that way, but after a year+ on WW, I have gotten over it quick. Biggest thing I have learned is to use a smaller salad plate at the buffet rather than the monster regular plate.

I can feel your friend on this one. When I was growing up leaving food on your plate was a cardinal sin. No matter what every bite was eaten or you sat there until it was. As an adult I found myself eating until it was all gone even loooong after I was full. When I was first married (I was 19) my husband left 2 bites of something on his plate and declared himself done. Um, no. It’s 2 bites left. Eat them. I was absolutely appalled that he’d waste 2 bites. I was mad! Poor fella just looked at me like I was off my rocker. Later we talked about it and I realized how irrational that was. And I understand exactly why I reacted that way. Still yet, it’s not a behavior I’m entirely free of. Still battle with food and the urge to continue eating even after I’m full. I will eat as long as there’s food there to eat unless I catch myself and stop. All the unhealthy behavior just because I was: A. Forced to eat everything on my plate, and/or B. Hopelessly hungry but there wasn’t food I was allowed to eat as a child. Overeating is an issue but so is the strange almost panic I experience if I get really hungry. I swear my husband is a saint to be so patient with me over my food issues.

I, too, wish they offered fat free plain Greek yogurt. I’m not on WW but it’s called for in my restricted diet (as I’m working to lose a lot of unhealthy weight). When I cruise I try to make the best choices I can & eat on smaller dishes when possible. They do have some yogurt options as well as a super yummy musli. My favorite is the musli w/extra almonds on top.

they had it on the Fantasy at Cabanas two weeks ago! I didn't see it in November. They also have lite fit yoghurts at 58 kcal. TBH I would always take a few extra yoghurts at bkf to keep in my fridge as snacks throughout the day when I was not feeling like eating fruit but done with all the sweet stuff: -)

Last edited:
I've only seen the regular Activia small cups on board.

And the double whammy with that is not only are they more caloric (and points if on WW), Danon products are not considered gluten-free for those of us who have to eat gluten-free.

Just have seen the Activia as well. I do miss my plain greek yogurt. That being said I could not find any kind of plain yogurt anywhere. It all seemed to be flavored. i prefer to take plain and add my own fruit etc. It is vacation, however, so you find substitutes and make do. You never know, you sometimes try something new and incorporate it into your routine when you get back.

If you have a picture of the cold bar section with the cut fruit and dried fruit, there is unpackaged yogurt there (as well as cottage cheese). I can't recall if it's plain or a sweetened vanilla, though.

As of last week, the Fantasy had unpackaged plain Greek yogurt on the cold bar - not sure about the fat content. They did not have any type of sweetened vanilla (which is the only flavor my son will eat).

Yes, the Wonder and Magic also had it. It is in a bowl by the nuts. It is definitely plain but I don't know if it is fat free or Greek.

MJ

If you have a picture of the cold bar section with the cut fruit and dried fruit, there is unpackaged yogurt there (as well as cottage cheese). I can't recall if it's plain or a sweetened vanilla, though.
This is the only one I have. I don't see cottage cheese, or yogurt. Only fruit (dried and fresh) and granola:
dream 2014 fruit & granola 16007 P1020619 1500.jpg

This is the only one I have. I don't see cottage cheese, or yogurt. Only fruit (dried and fresh) and granola:
View attachment 310070

Cold bar might have been the wrong description -- its not a self-serve one where I saw it on the Fantasy last week, it was the same cold bar where they have desserts at lunch. Cold case might be a better description since you had to ask a CM to hand you what you wanted. At breakfast they had yogurt (packaged and unpackaged), pre-made smoothies (mango & strawberry), and there may have been other items but I was focused on the yogurt and smoothies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter