"Non-Wedding" Special Events

Beth

Just happy to be here...
Hi folks,

Where do you start, these days, if you want to talk to someone about planning a dessert party, etc - if you're not part of a wedding? ....Just a special birthday?

I hosted an Illuminations Dessert Party back in 2005 - still have all of those emails.... But I wasn't sure if the same group still handles those.

I've read that some of you have done events "outdoors" over at the GF - that really interests me..... who would I call about that?

Thanks for all your help!
~ Beth

Does anyone know how much it would cost to host a reception or "party" at Shipwreck Beach?

I wonder if you could host a whole reception there???

I've read that some of you have done events "outdoors" over at the GF - that really interests me..... who would I call about that?

You can arrange that through either department. Sometimes when you call Private Dining they only give you one location choice, whereas Catering & Convention Services may have access to more locations around the Grand Floridian. :thumbsup2

To have a privet tea party before my wedding should I contact these people instead of my wedding coordinator. I asked her about this and its been weeks and i still have not heard back.

Thanks to all of you for your replies! ....Let the planning begin! :yay:

Does anyone know how much it would cost to host a reception or "party" at Shipwreck Beach?

I wonder if you could host a whole reception there???

You can do a reception there - lots of people do rehearsal dinners, but they host all kinds of parties at Shipwreck Beach. I don't know what the food and beverage minimums are for that spot, but none of the other outdoor locations seem to have more than a $2,000 minimum, if that helps.

To have a privet tea party before my wedding should I contact these people instead of my wedding coordinator. I asked her about this and its been weeks and i still have not heard back.

Unfortunately, if you are working with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings you have to go through them to do any other private catered event related. However, you could make your own arrangements if you wanted to do tea at the Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian. :thumbsup2

Yep the numbers Carrie posted are correct. Last year for our first anni I did a private dinner and DP as well at EPCOT. This year we are going down with a few other people for our second anni and I am hosting a dinner/dp at Fantasmic. I booked it all through the catering events portion.

You can do a reception there - lots of people do rehearsal dinners, but they host all kinds of parties at Shipwreck Beach. I don't know what the food and beverage minimums are for that spot, but none of the other outdoor locations seem to have more than a $2,000 minimum, if that helps.

Thanks, I just saw your reply now!! I did not realize the minimum would be so high....I wanted to spend less than $1000 including alcohol!! :sad2:

Oh well, I will wait until I get more info before I have a panic attack!

Oh thank you for this!

I'm thinking of doing something for my DD's 16th birthday but it will just be us. I wasn't sure how to go about it and wasn't sure I could really do much with only us 6. I was scanning this forum for ideas.

Thanks, I just saw your reply now!! I did not realize the minimum would be so high....I wanted to spend less than $1000 including alcohol!! :sad2:

Oh well, I will wait until I get more info before I have a panic attack!

Someone just posted on another thread that the food and beverage minimum at Shipwreck Beach is only $1,000, but they require a $3,000 staging fee for a greens package, fencing, catering tents, etc.

Now you can have your panic attack. :thumbsup2 :rotfl: :hug:

Yes, I posted under my new name boarwalk_bride!! (I was formally knelson85-long story on the name change)!

I was disappointed to find that out, but I just have to keep remembering how lucky I am to be getting married in disney, and I am sure I will find a new place that is just as nice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter