non-wdw hotel kids clubs

headoflife

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip fo fall and are considering staying at the marriott village, the holiday inn sunspree and the ho jo enchantedland. We are thinking of using their kids programs for our 3.5 and 6.5 year old kids so DH and I could gat a little bit of time away. I have never left them while on a trip. Do any of you have any experience with these? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

i stayed at Holiday inn sunspree in 98" and i never leave my kids with even sitters but the cried because they want to do this at the hoilday inn sunspree, they were 4 at the time the other 6 and they LOVED IT!!!! they did crafts, showed movies and watched them really good, i could even go swimming and relax knowing they were takin care of,. They do not take kids in diaper, and they can even eat a meal there, you pay for them to go get it for them and they have an outside playground which only they can use, I could check on them anytime, and they will rent a beeper so you can go off premises, like the lonestar steakhouse next door.
But my kids to this day still want to go back there even though we own a timeshare. I would do it agin if i stayed there. If i can help in anyway with Questions let me know.
Mrsmom,
Allstar resort Dec 95'
Holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98"
Westgate lakes Sept 2000"
Hotel royal plaza Feb 2001"
Wyndham Palace and spa Sept 2001"
Westgate lakes 2002

We were at the Sunspree several years ago and used the kids club there. Like the previous poster, I'm very particular and had never used this type of facility before (also never used a babysitter except for the occasional family member), but my daughter loved it! If you are a Priority Club member (you can join for free at the HI website or call their 800#), you can use the beeper for free. At that time, the meals were only $2.50. The workers were excellent. The kids also have their own check-in desk. If you are a PC member, they will give you a free upgrade to a better room if it's available. We were upgraded from a regular room to a suite.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree last year, and it was the worst hotel experience we've ever had. There were ANTS in the kids' bed and the hotel never came up to even change the linens after two calls. The kids slept in the bed with us (some benefit to having the bunk beds). The manager is the rudest man I have ever spoken to, couldn't give a damn about what happened.

I wouldn't stay in that hotel again if it were free.

This is kinda on topic, but not germaine to the original poster's question.

MrsMom, have you tried the Children's program at Westgate Lakes? My kids (boys, ages 7 & 9) LOVED it so much the first night, they begged to go back the 2nd night. And now for our August trip, they are already asking me if they can go for 2 nights again! LOL

Susanne

No, I didn't know they had a childrens program we were so busy the first time we stayed there that i didn't notice, can you give me the run down on it,? cost and times? or anyother info you have on it
Mrsmom

MrsMom,

I believe they run it 4 times during the week--2 during the daytime, and 2 at night. My boys went to the night time one, which runs from 6pm-10pm. Cost was $20 for the first child, and $15 for each child after that. The cost includes dinner, which when we were there was Pizza Hut pizza.

They have crafts and activities for the kids, as well as a wall of TVs with video game units and a huge screen TV for watching movies. There was also a 'quiet area' for kids that wanted to rest.

My boys really loved it--they hated to go!!

Susanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter